PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

sammyf
08-26-2010, 11:25 PM
Updated Ladies List
Emily Hughes USA SB 50 (assume retired?)

She is still listed in the international selection pool, if a skater notified the USFSA they retired they would be removed. http://www.usfigureskating.org/Athletes.asp?id=447

haribobo
08-26-2010, 11:32 PM
I wonder if any of Kimmie, Sasha, and Emily (all on that list) are competing this season. They have likely decided already, since Sep 1 is less than a week away...

victoriaheidi
08-27-2010, 12:27 AM
I don't think Sasha will compete. Kimmie may try to break back in (what's the status on her injury?) and Emily, I'm not sure. Emily was kind of out anyway and pretty much came back to try to make it to Vancouver.

museksk8r
08-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Emily was kind of out anyway and pretty much came back to try to make it to Vancouver.

You can't be serious. No way in hell was Emily going to make it to Vancouver. She had fallen too far off the international figure skating map to have any prayer of the USFSA sending her. She simply wanted to end her skating career on a better note than she did at 2008 Trophee Lalique where she had a disastrous performance and finish. She didn't want to go out that way. She and anyone else is highly delusional if they thought she'd step on Olympic ice again.

victoriaheidi
08-27-2010, 01:30 AM
^Whoops, misunderstanding! No, I don't mean that she had a shot at Vancouver, but she really hadn't done anything for a few years and then she attempted a "comeback," coincidentally in an Olympic year.
I also think she expected to do better at Nationals than she actually did.

pinky166
08-27-2010, 01:45 AM
^Whoops, misunderstanding! No, I don't mean that she had a shot at Vancouver, but she really hadn't done anything for a few years and then she attempted a "comeback," coincidentally in an Olympic year.
I also think she expected to do better at Nationals than she actually did.

Well, she did beat Czisny and Zhang at nationals.

dawnie
08-27-2010, 02:00 AM
You can't be serious. No way in hell was Emily going to make it to Vancouver. She had fallen too far off the international figure skating map to have any prayer of the USFSA sending her. She simply wanted to end her skating career on a better note than she did at 2008 Trophee Lalique where she had a disastrous performance and finish. She didn't want to go out that way. She and anyone else is highly delusional if they thought she'd step on Olympic ice again.

Actually, I remember reading a few interviews where Emily did say her goal was to make the Olympic team. I guess she is delusional. :lol:
Seriously though, I always got the impression that Emily thought she was a better skater than she actually was.

DickButtonFan
08-27-2010, 02:04 AM
Actually, I remember reading a few interviews where Emily did say her goal was to make the Olympic team. I guess she is delusional. :lol:
Seriously though, I always got the impression that Emily thought she was a better skater than she actually was.

Well you never know what's going to happen at a nationals. Everyone could fall and she could have made it. Doesn't hurt to try.

euterpe
08-27-2010, 02:16 AM
Well you never know what's going to happen at a nationals. Everyone could fall and she [Emily Hughes] could have made it. Doesn't hurt to try.

Sasha and Christina Gao each fell once, and Amanda Dobbs and Alexe Gilles fell twice---still didn't help Emily, because they all finished ahead of her. Maybe if Emily hadn't had 4 URS and hadn't fallen twice herself, she might have had a shot.....

pinky166
08-27-2010, 03:51 AM
Sasha and Christina Gao each fell once, and Amanda Dobbs and Alexe Gilles fell twice---still didn't help Emily, because they all finished ahead of her. Maybe if Emily hadn't had 4 URS and hadn't fallen twice herself, she might have had a shot.....

In the end she was closer than Alissa and Caroline were though, and those two were considered top contenders to make the team, at least theoretically.

victoriaheidi
08-27-2010, 04:50 AM
In the end she was closer than Alissa and Caroline were though, and those two were considered top contenders to make the team, at least theoretically.

Very, very true. In a lot of ways, her comeback of sorts was probably satisfying, but I do think that she had dreams of Vancouver...

aisurukoto
08-27-2010, 05:04 AM
I'm waiting for Mao asada, Rachael, Ashley :D My interest in NHK !!

victoriaheidi
08-27-2010, 06:58 AM
^Ditto! I love Rachael and Ashley-I really can't wait to see what Ashley does this year. Also, can't wait to see Caroline. I get the impression that she's going to do something great this season.

Marco
08-27-2010, 08:45 AM
I really can't wait to see what Ashley does this year.

She is going to need a consistent 3/3. Flip/toe or loop/toe and maybe also axel/toe for the lp.

HisWeirness
09-02-2010, 03:14 PM
More updates today and many of the TBAs have been filled:

Ladies (http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2008)
Amelie Lacoste and Myriane Samson (both CAN) fill in the two CAN TBA spots at Skate Canada.
This is the second GP assignment for both ladies (Lacoste previously assigned to USA and Samson previously assigned to RUS).

Bingwa Geng and Qiuying Zhu (both CHN) fill in the two CHN TBA spots at Cup of China. First assignment for both.

Alexe Gilles (USA) fills in the USA TBA spot at Skate America. This is her second assignment; her first assignment was to CAN.

Sofya Biryukova (RUS) fills in the RUS TBA spot at Rostelecom Cup. First assignment.

All TBAs have been filled except for the two FRA TBAs.
There is one open spot at Rostelecom Cup (from the withdraw of Yu-Na Kim) that is still open for a non-Russian lady.

Men (http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2009)
Jeremy Ten (CAN) fills in the CAN TBA spot at Skate Canada. This is his second assignment; his first assignment was to NHK. He has back-to-back GP assignments (NHK and CAN).

Peitong Chen and Jialiang Wu (both CHN) fill in the two CHN TBA spots at Cup of China. First assignment for Chen, second assignment for Wu (already assigned to NHK).

Armin Mahbanoozadeh (USA) fills in the USA TBA spot at Skate America. First assignment.

Konstantin Menshov (RUS) fills in the RUS TBA spot at Rostelecom Cup. First assignment.

All TBAs have been filled.

Pairs (http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2010)
Duhamel/Radford (CAN) fill in the CAN TBA spot at Skate Canada. First assignment.

Kemp/King (GBR) replace Kavaguti/Smirnov at Skate Canada. This is their second assignment; their first assignment was to USA.

Castelli/Shnapir (USA) fill in one of the two USA TBA spots at Skate America. This is their second assignment; their first assignment was to CAN.

Gerboldt/Enbert (RUS) fill in the RUS TBA at Rostelecom Cup. First assignment.

Host TBAs remain at Cup of China, Skate America, and TEB.

Dance (http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=2011)
Yu/Wang (CHN) fill in the CHN TBA at Cup of China. This is their second assignment; their first assignment was to NHK.

Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt (USA) fill in the USA TBA at Skate America. First assignment.

One host TBA remains at TEB.