PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

DORISPULASKI
07-06-2010, 09:39 PM
And Yeah, John doubled the 3T again

But they landed a spiffy throw triple axel ; Something no one but I&B can do. Period. And the catchfoot spiral into throw 3Lp was excellent, too. Not to mention spread eagle into 2a 2a sequence. And interesting transitions into the lifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLgpMQX-xB8

Plus they managed to complete a triple twist. Not a very good triple twist, but at least they got credit for the rotations. They haven't had one of those for years.

If they can skate as they did in their LP at Nationals, I'm more than willing to see more of them.

Hearing John interviewed is of course another thing...but if NBC doesn't interview him, we don't have to hear it, do we?

JJH
07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I want Inoue & Baldwin and Vise & Baldwin brother against brother smackdown for the two TBA spots. That's entertainment.

Stephanie
07-06-2010, 11:09 PM
I can't see a World team like that happening, but I guess you never know. I imagine Rena and John are continuing just because Worlds are in Japan. I know a lot of people just want them to go away (really, I can't take him), but there is something pretty admirable about their longevity, I think. I could see them getting a SA slot, if they were interested and showed up in Indy.

Even if they showed up at Indy (which I can't see happening), I doubt USFS would give them a slot after all of John's mouthing off (and perhaps even lying) to the media after last year's nationals. I think it's more likely that the spots will go to up and coming teams like Zhang/Toth, Yankowskas/Coughlin, Dobbs/Jacobsen, etc. who will be around for more than one more season.

AJ Skatefan
07-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Even if they showed up at Indy (which I can't see happening), I doubt USFS would give them a slot after all of John's mouthing off (and perhaps even lying) to the media after last year's nationals. I think it's more likely that the spots will go to up and coming teams like Zhang/Toth, Yankowskas/Coughlin, Dobbs/Jacobsen, etc. who will be around for more than one more season.

Lying?

Sylvia
07-06-2010, 11:22 PM
From the 2010/2011 ISU Grand Prix Announcement:

3.2 Confirmation of Participation of Invited skaters/couples
The invitations for participation for skaters/couples, besides the seeded ones and “come-back skaters/couples, will be forwarded to the ISU Members concerned through the Organizing Member of the respective ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating event. The Members of these invited skaters/couples must
confirm participation to the ISU Secretariat, and the Organizing ISU Member by August 15, 2010.

Stephanie
07-06-2010, 11:23 PM
When he said that they were offered to go to worlds but they turned USFS down. I believe USFS disputed this story.

On another note, why on earth did the Japanese fed list TBA JPN for both pairs and dance when they basically only have one team in each discipline, both of whom are quite good (Takahashi/Tran and the Reeds)?

Sylvia
07-06-2010, 11:29 PM
When he said that they were offered to go to worlds but they turned USFS down. I believe USFS disputed this story.
AFAIK, USFS never disputed this story on the record. IIRC, I may have posted unofficial hearsay info that I/B were never actually offered a Worlds spot. ETA: "Lying" may be too strong a word to use in this context, however.

Stephanie
07-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Thank you for clearing that up, Sylvia. That's why I wrote "perhaps lying" because I wasn't 100% on the specifics but remembered the gist of it.

poths
07-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Would be nice for Katz/Lynch to get it- hope this year they can finally have a good result at Indy as its typically not been a great event for them...they always seem to finish 1 spot too low there to get a Skate America slot. There are so many teams that could get those spots- Inoue/Baldwin :wall: , Zhang/Toth, Simpson/Miller, Castelli/Shnapir, Dobbs/Jacobsen, Aaron/Cohen, Vise/Baldwin, K/L, Yankowskas/Coughlin...so Indy will be quite something this year! :watch:

:scream: Good to see American Pairs are still as :scream: as ever.

Ziggy
07-07-2010, 02:07 AM
I want to see Inoue/Baldwin get a second GP and make the Worlds team just to see the board go all :drama:. :lol:

Plus Doris' write-up on their Nationals FS shows they actually still have something to offer.

AJ Skatefan
07-07-2010, 02:28 AM
AFAIK, USFS never disputed this story on the record. IIRC, I may have posted unofficial hearsay info that I/B were never actually offered a Worlds spot. ETA: "Lying" may be too strong a word to use in this context, however.

Oh thanks. I didn't hear about that one.

julieann
07-07-2010, 03:20 AM
I don't know why people hate I/B so much, I really like them.

stjeaskategym
07-07-2010, 03:36 AM

I definitely don't hate them... They are consistently better than most of the pairs in this country. I don't love their skating, but I think it's admirable how well they are able to keep up with all the other teams. John just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. But I would be fine with them getting a SA slot if they deserve it.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
07-07-2010, 04:53 AM
Katz/Lynch! :mitchell: (starting the campaign....;))

I'm all for it. :D Either them, or I want Y&C to get it.

AJ Skatefan
07-07-2010, 06:59 AM

I like them too.