PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Lanna
06-28-2010, 11:37 PM
For reference, here are the invite rules for this season (it is bizarre to get this after we've already gotten the assignments)

2.1 Seeded Skaters/Couples
a) Skaters/couples who have placed 1 – 6 in each of the 4 disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance) at
the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will be considered to be seeded skaters/couples
and will be assigned, by draw, to skate in two events.

b) “Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 at any
previous ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently do not participate in one or more
competitive seasons are allowed to re-enter the Grand Prix if they commit to participating in 2 Grand
Prix events. A come-back under this clause is allowed only once for any skater. Subsequent to the
come-back season, the skater will be considered only by his /her placement on the official lists (seeded
or World Standing points, etc.). If the skater is no longer on the list, he/she will not be considered for a
Grand Prix event.

c) If a seeded or “come-back” skater/couple withdraws from an assigned event, even for medical reasons,
that skater/couple will not be assigned to another event.

d) If any vacancies (less than 6 skaters/couples per discipline) remain after having filled the places as to a)
to b) of this paragraph, the next priority will be given to those skaters/couples not meeting the above
criteria but who have achieved a seasonal best (as posted on the ISU website for season 2009/10)
score equal to or better than the top six from the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010.

e) If vacancies still remain after having filled the places as to a) to d) skaters/couples placed 7th and below
at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will become seeded skaters in order of
placement.

f) If a seeded or “come-back” skater/couple withdraws from one of the assigned events or declines an
invitation to one of the assigned events, that skater/couple will still be considered and the next highest
placed skater/couple at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will not become a seeded
skater/couple.

2.2. Invited skaters/couples

a) Skaters/couples who have placed 7 – 12 in each of the 4 disciplines (Men, Ladies, Pairs, Ice Dance) at
the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010 will be guaranteed to be selected for two ISU Grand
Prix of Figure Skating events. If there are any retirements from placements 7 – 12, the next priority will
be given to those skaters/couples not meeting the above criteria but who achieved a seasonal best score
equal to or better than those placed 7 – 12 at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2010. If
vacancies still remain, skaters/couples placed 13th and below at the ISU World Figure Skating
Championships 2010 will be selected in order of placement.

b) Skaters/couples with an ISU World Standing placement of 1 – 24 (after season 2009/10) and
skaters/couples with seasonal best scores in the top 24 (for season 2009/10) who do not hold an ISU
World Standing placement of 1 – 24 will be guaranteed one (1) event if they do not otherwise meet the
criteria listed in paragraphs 2.1 or 2.2 above.

A listing of seasonal best scores for each season will be compiled to include the following events:
* ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating and Final
* ISU Senior Grand Prix of Figure Skating and Final
* ISU Figure Skating Championships
* Olympic Winter Games (if applicable in the year concerned)
* Other ISU controlled Events as identified each season by the ISU Council.

c) Medallists from the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships 2010 and the medallists from the
ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2009/10 will be included in the selection process.
Skaters/couples who have stated their intention to skate as Senior in 2010/11 will be guaranteed one (1)
event.

d) A maximum of three (3) skaters/couples in each discipline from the Organizing Member may skate in the
Organizing Member’s event. This includes skaters/couples selected according to paragraph 2.1 and 2.2
above. If the Organizing Member chooses not to exercise its option for the three (3) skaters/couples in
any discipline from its own country, the remaining slot(s) must be filled as per paragraphs 2.2 a) and b)
above.

e) If any slot(s) remains open and if all skaters/couples as defined in paragraph 2.2. a) and b) above have
been selected for one (1) event, the Organizing Member may select any skater/couple with a top 75
seasonal best score to fill the open slot(s).

f) Pairs or Dance couples, who were placed amongst the ranks as previously mentioned in criteria a) and
b) in the year 2008/09 or 2009/10, but have split, will be considered in the alternate list with the new
partner, if proof is given that they intend to continue the competitive career.

g) In addition to the seeded skaters/couples, or “come-back” skaters/couples and the above-mentioned
invited skaters/couples, each Organizing ISU Member may select additional skaters/couples in
accordance with selection procedures established by the ISU Grand Prix Coordination Group. The
maximum number of entries per event, however, is set as follows:

Men and Ladies not more than 12 but not less than 10 entries
Pairs not more than 8 but not less than 6 entries
Ice Dance not more than 10 but not less than 8 entries

i) No invited skaters/dance couples may compete in more than two events of the ISU Grand Prix of
Figure Skating. These events will count for points and prize money will be awarded according to
placements.

j) A maximum of three skaters/couples from the same ISU Member may compete in the same
discipline of any individual event of the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating.

k) Non-seeded skaters/couples will not be assigned to another event if they choose not to skate in an
assigned event.

l) Non-seeded skaters/couples will not be assigned to another event if, by medical reason, they
withdraw from an assigned event.

So we're keeping the "pairs and dance teams with new partners can be alternates" rule from last season and gaining this whole "you can come back once" thing. Interesting.

Lanna
06-29-2010, 05:08 AM
What's the event in Russia going to be called? The GP announcement has "Rostelecom Cup". Meanwhile, the ISU is still calling it "Cup of Russia" on the GP page (http://www.isu.org/vsite/vnavsite/page/directory/0,10853,4844-136494-137802-nav-list,00.html) and the event page (http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00011192.htm).

Frau Muller
06-29-2010, 10:46 AM
The Ros in "Rostelecom" is Russia. "Rostelecom" is the Russian Telecommunications Company. I don't think there would be a Rostelecom Cup in another country unless they operate in other countries.

HisWeirness
06-29-2010, 03:08 PM
What's the event in Russia going to be called?
I assume it will be Rostelecom Cup like last season, since that company is a sponsor of the Russian Fed. I think it's just an inconsistency caused by miscommunication between whoever updates the website and the rest of the staff or someone just copying previous year items.

HisWeirness
07-01-2010, 03:23 PM
The Zaretsky's have been struck from their two Ice Dance GP assignments:

http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=1914

No other changes to the assignments table. This frees up two GP slots, one at NHK Trophy and one at Skate America.

(Skate America and NHK Trophy already have 3 USA slots, so the re-assignment will be from a non-USA team ;)).

chipso1
07-01-2010, 06:01 PM
From the new Golden Skate article, it sounds like Amanda Dobbs is still hopeful to get either the ladies or pairs TBA spot for Skate America:

"I am going to Cup of China," Dobbs exclaimed. "I am so excited to be a part of the Grand Prix series this year! I must admit, in my eyes, it's a big accomplishment and a huge honor, and I can't wait to see what happens."

But in typical fashion of a hungry athlete, Dobbs would like more. "There are spots available at Skate America this year (in pairs and ladies) for American skaters," Dobbs noted with wide-eyed determination. "(Jacobsen and I) would obviously love to be the team selected, but we are just trying to stay focused on our training and continuing to develop our team this year. If we do that, then we feel like we will be ready to handle whatever opportunities we are presented with."

Cup of China is just one week prior to Skate America, but the challenge of competing in back to back weeks between very different time zones does not faze Dobbs in the least.

"Given the schedule from last season, I am very capable of competing back to back weeks so this does not bother me," she admitted after competing for two weeks in Spokane, and then heading to South Korea for the Four Continents Championships the following week.

casken
07-02-2010, 02:44 AM
(Skate America and NHK Trophy already have 3 USA slots, so the re-assignment will be from a non-USA team ;)).

Blanc and Bouquet please! :inavoid:

Carolla5501
07-02-2010, 02:47 AM
For reference, here are the invite rules for this season (it is bizarre to get this after we've already gotten the assignments)

So we're keeping the "pairs and dance teams with new partners can be alternates" rule from last season and gaining this whole "you can come back once" thing. Interesting.

(we have to get it after the assignments... that's how you write the rule.... First assignments and then "adjust rule to fit what we did" )

Just kidding!

kwanfan1818
07-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Blanc and Bouquet please! :inavoid:
Oh, yes!

Ziggy
07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Bucket totally deserve it.

I wish they trained with Muriel. As voidy and original as their coach's work is, she seems to be unable to take them to the next level technically.

shan
07-02-2010, 01:37 PM
who are they currently coached by?

allezfred
07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
who are they currently coached by?

A purple blob.

Ziggy
07-02-2010, 03:53 PM
A purple blob.

Or Karine Arribert Narce if you go by her legal name. ;)

Asli
07-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Bucket totally deserve it.

I wish they trained with Muriel. As voidy and original as their coach's work is, she seems to be unable to take them to the next level technically.

I agree with what you say, but still think they are better with Karine Arribert, Ziggy. They are arguably the voidiest couple out there at the moment and they will never be technically the strongest, even if they go to Zazoui. They lack the basics for that. They obviously take pride in the originality and subtlety of their programs and I hope they will keep that for our pleasure. Zazoui gives her students terrific programs too, but she will always have other top couples to train, so we can watch them too. Blanc/Bouquet are unique and so fresh!

senorita
07-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Not very relevant question but Hanyu got to seniors only for Grand Prix? Can he go to Worlds, what is exactly his age?