PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

query5
06-14-2010, 05:43 PM
only if they cheat.-for rachel, but rachel isn't a factor either. nhk 1-mao , 2-kostner, 3rachel, ashley, caroline, or 2 and 3 for either rachel, carolina zhang and ashley or maybe victoria gets 3rd spot.
skate america can go 1-laura , 2-carolina kostner, 3-rachel, carolina zhang or wide open or maybe victoria gets 3rd spot.
sorry this is defensive, we don't know how rachel is going to handle skating in all shows and then competition, plus added pressure of national champ.

as far as i can tell and see it
only the 1st spot in women in nhk is taken other two spots is wide open,
canada-all spots are wide open,with cythnia erractic, skating.
to me anyone can win skate canada -cynthia, laura, alissa, ksenia
cup of china -hard for mirai to medal but can.
1-yu-na , 2nd miki 3, akiko-4th mirai-but she can medal.
skate america as stated above wide open,
depending on 3 us women can sweep, can get 2nd and 3rd -wide open-depends on laura , carolina kostner on how they skate .
cup of russia same as cup of china, 1-yu-na 2nd mike, 3rd akiko, with alena, ksenia, alena plus ashley all fighting for 2nd 3rd placements.

france a cake walk for mao--1's mao, 2nd cything or mirai, to me this is the best chance for mirai and alissa to medal.
for women most medal spots are wide open, depends on who is willing to fight for the medals,
i can see different scenarios.
so no skater should be counted out, that includes carolina zhang despite most fans on this forum who don't like her.
for me the U.S. women if don't skate for it or well , i can see no women skater making it to the gp final. b
boys and dance are different,
pairs who knows also.

caseyedwards
06-14-2010, 05:48 PM
i was reading required elements and they made it seem that because abbott is the only american man going to cup of russia when at every other grand prix US is entitlled to two that it was somehow because of the controversy but with russia getting three spots it squeezes out other countries right?

Sylvia
06-14-2010, 05:50 PM
i was reading required elements and they made it seem that because abbott is the only american man going to cup of russia when at every other grand prix US is entitlled to two that it was somehow because of the controversy but with russia getting three spots it squeezes out other countries right?
No, because the 6 host countries are entitled to have 3 spots in each discipline for their own skaters/teams. The US is not "entitled to two" spots at every GP for their skaters -- it just so happened that Russia invited one seeded man, as required by the selection process, and it happened to be a US man (Abbott).

Rafter
06-14-2010, 05:53 PM
Kevin van der Perren's name is on the list. I thought he retired?

Is Plushenko really competing this season?

Interesting battle at CoC between F&S and P&B.

I thought Anna Z. & Sergei Verbillo retired/split? Same goes for the Zaretski's. Also, have the Kerrs made an official announcment about their plans? I guess there will be a lot of changes to these lists between now and October.

I see that Hann-McCurdy & Coreno didn't get an assignment. Does this indicate Skate Canada's dumping of them in favour of Paul & Islam?

Jayar
06-14-2010, 06:16 PM
If I was Australian Fed, I'd do EVERYTHING I could to send her abroad to train. She is the only Australian skater competing at present with real potential.

They do. She trains in Colorado Springs for an extended period in the fall, I believe. She will do the same this year once her exams are complete. She's in very good hands.

caseyedwards
06-14-2010, 06:21 PM
No, because the 6 host countries are entitled to have 3 spots in each discipline for their own skaters/teams. The US is not "entitled to two" spots at every GP for their skaters -- it just so happened that Russia invited one seeded man, as required by the selection process, and it happened to be a US man (Abbott).

I definitely knew the first part but not the second! So thanks. Also what about Skate America not inviting any Russian man or lady!?!

DORISPULASKI
06-14-2010, 06:29 PM
I see that Hann-McCurdy & Coreno didn't get an assignment. Does this indicate Skate Canada's dumping of them in favour of Paul & Islam?

That's what I'm wondering.

pinky166
06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Sofya Birukova, born July 1994, might she get the TBA RUS ladies slot at COR? I mean they usually send Gerboldt, Gozeva, or Petushkova but now Gerboldt's doing pairs and Petushkova is worse than ever and as for Gozeva, she never has great results. Biryukova is a very talented young skater with a bright future, I'd love to see that spot go to her. I guess the only question is if she decided on JGP.

Pratfall
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Re; Hann-McCurdy / Correno and their possible dump by Skate Canada..That's what I'm beginning to fear...and I feel my slow burn turning to :angryfire.
Between H-M/C , R/H , and P/I there should be enough slots to give them all a chance. Sure, somebody would only get one slot..Flip a coin or something...

Allie and Michael outperformed R/H at 4CC..showing improvement even in the short period since nationals. I think SC should hedge their bets. They've guessed wrong before.

Ziggy
06-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Kevin van der Perren's name is on the list. I thought he retired?

He never planned to (sadly). Him and Jenna are intending to definitely compete next season and then they'll see.

Is Plushenko really competing this season?

I am 99% certain his name is eventually going to be replaced. It's just a matter of time. I guess he's keeping his options open but I just can't see it happening.

Also, have the Kerrs made an official announcment about their plans?

Nope.

I guess there will be a lot of changes to these lists between now and October.

As always. :P

Or that they have retired. Nothing confirmed yet, though.

I definitely knew the first part but not the second! So thanks. Also what about Skate America not inviting any Russian man or lady!?!

Why should they?

God forbid we have even more of host countries inviting each other to events, it's bad enough as it is. :P

DORISPULASKI
06-14-2010, 07:38 PM
Or that they have retired. Nothing confirmed yet, though.

Ah the eternal question: Did they jump or was they pushed...:barrel:barrel

If they are getting no support and no assignments, they might decide to hang it up on that account alone.

senorita
06-14-2010, 08:26 PM
Plushenko has said after the May surgery he will skip next season 100%, no speculation there. Why he is on the list I dunno, I thought Pissev would know it by now..couldnt they put another TBA?
KVDP thought about retring after Torino, but I saw an interview of him and his wife is AS and they dont!

Asli
06-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Ziggy, you posted that the Kerrs have not made an official announcement about their plans for next season. Do you know if they are currently training and preparing programs with Platov while they make a decision?

TAHbKA
06-14-2010, 09:42 PM
An article in Maariv (http://www.nrg.co.il/online/3/ART2/119/917.html)

In a couple of words:

Zaretskis are retiring and announced their decision to the IIF. `They are taking their time to decide and am sure they'll reach the right decision' said papaBoria.
Roman received an offer to coach in the US and decided to retire, even though Alexandra was not against staying in the sport. The Israeli Winter Sports asses were counting on Zaretskis to go to Olympics 2014 (so they would have a reason to go there, especially after what they did to Tamar this year).
PapaBoria says they are taking some time off to think and if thye come back they'll have to show they mean to be serious about their skating and, apparently, they already had such talks in the past.

Frankly, if I were a Zar and had to stand PapaBoria and his ways I would probably retire much earlier.

Also according to the article Galit is coaching a future israeli world champions (ok,no, just a promising couple). Dunno, if it's a couple am thinking about they are many things, just that promising is not one of them.

Asli
06-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Do the Zaretskis have college degrees and if not, do they intend to study?