PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Sylvia
06-13-2010, 11:03 PM
The new age rules definitely shouldn't be in effect until the 2011/2012 season. I hope they defer them.
And I hope they don't pass as currently written re. the maximum age limit of the Junior male pair/dance partners. :P Link to my previous thread on this topic: Concern for the Future Development of Pairs & Dance (ISU's proposed JR age limits) (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73381).

Mahbanoozadeh was on the senior Grand Prix already, so he can't go back to juniors.
I think he can. According to the bolded part of this ISU Congress rule proposal (that hasn't been voted on yet), Mahbanoozadeh's two Senior Grand Prix events last fall would count as "one participation only":

43. ISU: Age limits.
For all ISU sport disciplines when a Junior of 15 years reached before July 1st, has competed twice in total in Senior events, even in different seasons, the Skater cannot compete any more in Junior events/competitions.
For the determination of the applicable two Senior events permitted the following applies: all Senior major events (ISU Championships, ISU Team Events, Olympic Winter Games) count each for one participation of the two max. permitted, but ISU Grand Prix Series and Final, ISU World Cup Speed Skating and ISU World Cup Short Track Speed Skating, regardless of participation in more than one competition forming a series, shall be considered as one participation only.
For Pairs and Ice Dance the conditions above governing participation in Senior events and limiting return to Junior events are valid, but in case of change of partner the participation in previous Senior competition/s will not count.

MoreIce
06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
Does anyone think that Dobbs/Jacobsen will not be chosen or considered for SA because she is competing in China the week before?

Ziggy
06-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Does anyone think that Dobbs/Jacobsen will not be chosen or considered for SA because she is competing in China the week before?

Athletes doing GP events back to back has happened before.

Capella
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM

Athletes doing GP events back to back has happened before.
Yes, but this isn't a Skate America-to-Skate Canada or a TEB-to-CoR flight. AND that would mean that she would be missing a week of pairs practice right before a major event.

Ziggy
06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes, but this isn't a Skate America-to-Skate Canada or a TEB-to-CoR flight. AND that would mean that she would be missing a week of pairs practice right before a major event.

Of course... I guess that means no SA for them. :/

Kasey
06-14-2010, 12:36 AM
Still, I remember one year that three (maybe four) athletes were scheduled back to back at Skate Canada and Cup of China....of course it didn't seem to effect them much, even with travel delays, since two of them medaled there.

Iceman
06-14-2010, 01:16 AM
I thought Fumie would be lucky to get one assignment, but she got two.

pinky166
06-14-2010, 01:45 AM
I thought Fumie would be lucky to get one assignment, but she got two.

So did Sarah Meier, who's had an abysmal season, 15th at the Olympics and 26th at Worlds :yikes:. Dobbs and Kwak totally should have gotten 2 assignments before Meier and Fumie, and Cheltzie Lee should have gotten at least 1 before those two got a 2nd, but noo :shuffle:. Plus Sarah Meier is 26 and Fumie like 29 right? They should just retire, along with Gizmo, their best years are behind them.

pinky166
06-14-2010, 01:47 AM

It appears Amanda is first in line to get a 2nd GP assignment for singles based on her 23 ranked SB score (highest among all ladies who have only 1 assignment), and I assume there will be a number of withdrawals, so doing 2 singles GPs AND a pairs GP might be too much anyways.

elfenblüte
06-14-2010, 01:50 AM
So did Sarah Meier, who's had an abysmal season, 15th at the Olympics and 26th at Worlds :yikes:. Dobbs and Kwak totally should have gotten 2 assignments before Meier and Fumie, and Cheltzie Lee should have gotten at least 1 before those two got a 2nd, but noo :shuffle:. Plus Sarah Meier is 26 and Fumie like 29 right? They should just retire, along with Gizmo, their best years are behind them.

Sorry , I must have misunderstood something!

pinky166
06-14-2010, 01:52 AM
I think you mean 26th at Worlds and 15th at Olympics:confused:

Thats what it says? :confused: Check your quote, I listed Olympics first but it definitely says 15th, she made the FS at Olympics but not Worlds.

DickButtonFan
06-14-2010, 01:53 AM

So what if she's 29 she can skate as long as she wants. One of the most exciting olympics was salt lake with Todd Eldrege in his 30s trying the quad, Butyrskaya with two close to clean programs and skaters like Elvis well into 30s. Let's see some older skaters again.

pinky166
06-14-2010, 01:55 AM
So what if she's 29 she can skate as long as she wants. One of the most exciting olympics was salt lake with Todd Eldrege in his 30s trying the quad, Butyrskaya with two close to clean programs and skaters like Elvis well into 30s. Let's see some older skaters again.

I mean sure, I'd just prefer if they didn't take spots away from young, deserving skaters like Amanda, Min-Jung, and Cheltzie, who actually have the potential to improve in coming years.

MikiAndoFan#1
06-14-2010, 02:06 AM
I mean sure, I'd just prefer if they didn't take spots away from young, deserving skaters like Amanda, Min-Jung, and Cheltzie, who actually have the potential to improve in coming years.

Say that to the ISU. They're the ones who give the assignments, the skaters don't ask for them.

:rolleyes:

pinky166
06-14-2010, 02:12 AM
Say that to the ISU. They're the ones who give the assingments, the skaters don't ask for them.

:rolleyes:

True. I guess they have a reason for it and some skaters are "established" or whatnot, but it's still kind of annoying that Sarah Meier gets rewarded for not making the FS at Worlds and jumping a FS full of doubles at the Olympics.