PDA

View Full Version : Grand Prix 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

my little pony
06-13-2010, 08:28 PM
25 Bradley USA - name not submitted for GP selection

did he decide to retire or is he just not doing GP due to his foot?

Sylvia
06-13-2010, 08:33 PM
did he decide to retire or is he just not doing GP due to his foot?
I had heard the latter.

HisWeirness
06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
ETA: Thanks, HisWeirness! :) Please go ahead and post your Men's list here because I was too lazy to go down to 75! :P
Thanks. It's going to take some time because of the proposed new age rules and not knowing who is going JGP (let alone who is retired, etc.). I'm still tweaking the ladies list. I'll take what you started and finish it out later today. ;)

sandra_persch
06-13-2010, 08:46 PM
31 Lindemann GER - believe he has retired?

He retired right after the Olympic and will get his first group of first graders to coach in the new school year :D

jlai
06-13-2010, 08:46 PM
HisWeirness, what does the bolding mean? Are they the ones that got picked or something?

stjeaskategym
06-13-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't even know if she was in the selection for the JGP. She is so very inconsistent.

I agree about Musademba. Surprised to see her name on there.

Hole/Johnson have to. But I can't see either team being succesful in seniors with their current content and skills. And Simpson is getting too tall for Miller.

It's not Simpson's height- the lack of content is what's hurting them now (although she's only 14 still and will grow more eventually). They have a triple twist and their lifts are generally well done. But neither one of them jumps well (no sbs triples and their 2As weren't that great last year either. They did only one throw triple and it's wonky- I don't know how many she actually landed... I agree this team and H/J won't find the Sr GP easy this season, but if they can't compete in Jrs, this is the next best thing. This is a lot better opportunity than not competing at all! At least S/M were top 5 at Jr Worlds, so this assignment doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

I guess Pang/Tong were not allowed to retire before Sui/Han are Senior eligible. :scream:

And I see Zhangs are sticking with it too. :scream:

I thought Kawaguchi's shoulder would finally pop out and we would be put out of the misery of having to watch them. :scream:

Savchenko/Szolkowy better work on their consistency next season or I'll :lynch: them.

I take it you're quite a fan of most of the higher level pairs. :rofl::eek:

I was also secretly hoping Davison would finally dump Dube. :shuffle:

You act like there are other good Canadian pair girls just waiting around partner-less. He could dump Dube, but then he may have to retire or skate with someone whom you dislike even more. :lol: If they both want to keep skating, good for them... They are one of the younger higher level teams, so no reason why they couldn't keep skating and try to get things in order. I know some people aren't a fan of their style of skating, but there is much worse out there.

Will be interesting if Canac/Bonheur get the second FRA spot. Former partners competing against each other. :drama:

Have they officially partnered up too? I guess it makes sense if they both want to continue skating.

I was hoping Contesti would retire, oh well. :P

Your positive comments overwhelm me. :lol: But honestly, I find him rather boring myself.

And one other random note... How did Carriere get a Skate America slot? Based on what exactly? He didn't finish higher than 6th in a GP last year... Was he guaranteed a GP?

HisWeirness
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
HisWeirness, what does the bolding mean? Are they the ones that got picked or something?
Yeah. Skaters in bold were assigned to 1 GP. I've edited to make it clearer.

So based on the ladies list above, Amanda Dobbs is theoretically first in line for a second GP spot based on her #23 SB.

First in line for an initial GP spot based on the SB list is Cheltzie Lee (SB #44).

ETA: What will actually happen is another matter. ;)

(rant on)
If Cheltzie was from France, I bet she'd have at least one GP assignment :rolleyes:

Ugh, I really want my girls Cheltzie and Angela Maxwell to get an assignment.
(rant off)

dinakt
06-13-2010, 09:01 PM
Oy. Not having Abbott in NA is a severe blow to my plans. With him and Il'ina/ Katsalapov in Moscow, perhaps it is time to correct my long- expired- passport and go there.

pinky166
06-13-2010, 09:04 PM
whole post

So does this mean if there are withdrawals Amanda Dobbs is 1st in line to get a 2nd assignment and Min-Jung Kwak is 2nd in line to get an assignment because of all the skaters bolded, those two have the highest season's bests (23 and 26)? Or are those decisions based on other factors? I'd really love to see both Amanda and Min-Jung get 2 GPs!

And Cheltzie Lee? Is she planning on doing JGP or does she just not have an assignment? It would be her 4th season on the JGP but she only just turned 17 so I'm unsure about her?

haribobo
06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I think there are several other factors at play...for one, if USA already has 3 ladies at a GP event, Amanda wouldn't be able to do that one...which is the case for several of the GPs...of course, if it's a US lady that withdraws.....

oleada
06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
It's not Simpson's height- the lack of content is what's hurting them now (although she's only 14 still and will grow more eventually). They have a triple twist and their lifts are generally well done. But neither one of them jumps well (no sbs triples and their 2As weren't that great last year either. They did only one throw triple and it's wonky- I don't know how many she actually landed... I agree this team and H/J won't find the Sr GP easy this season, but if they can't compete in Jrs, this is the next best thing. This is a lot better opportunity than not competing at all! At least S/M were top 5 at Jr Worlds, so this assignment doesn't seem ridiculous to me.

Oh, agreed. It's good for their development to be on the GP. There isn't much else they could do and. I don't think it's Simpson's height as much as it's Miller's - he's short for a pair skater. If Simpson grows much more, it'll be tough. I think they only have a consistent Th3S, like much of Sappenfield's teams, and the 3LoTh is very inconsistent.

As for Hole/Johsons, if they have a SBS 2A, why were they doing 2F last year? But they're also only doing a 2Tw and their 3LoTh seems inconsistent.

HisWeirness
06-13-2010, 09:13 PM
So does this mean if there are withdrawals Amanda Dobbs is 1st in line to get a 2nd assignment and Min-Jung Kwak is 2nd in line to get an assignment because of all the skaters bolded, those two have the highest season's bests (23 and 26)? Or are those decisions based on other factors?
After this point it is a guessing game because there are no firm rules besides what haribobo pointed out about a limit of 3 skaters per country at any GP event. I'd really like to see Amanda and Min-Jung with two events (I was :eek: that Min-Jung only had one, I expected her to get two).

These lists are mostly for us to see who was maybe robbed :wuzrobbed of a GP assignment :mitchell: and who the most likely alternates/replacements will be.

I'm still in shock at no second assignment for Amodio (I really hope he gets it) and for the total absence of my boy Ponsero. :(

my little pony
06-13-2010, 09:15 PM
the talk upthread about Joelle Forte, is she trying to compete for the US again?

Sylvia
06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
And one other random note... How did Carriere get a Skate America slot? Based on what exactly? He didn't finish higher than 6th in a GP last year... Was he guaranteed a GP?
No, but his Season Best score is high enough to merit a GP selection (refer to my Men's list on the previous page).

pinky166
06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
After this point it is a guessing game because there are no firm rules besides what haribobo pointed out about a limit of 3 skaters per country at any GP event. I'd really like to see Amanda and Min-Jung with two events (I was :eek: that Min-Jung only had one, I expected her to get two).

These lists are mostly for us to see who was maybe robbed :wuzrobbed of a GP assignment :mitchell: and who the most likely alternates/replacements will be.

Agreed. And I was surprised about both of them. For Min-Jung, I think that 22nd at Worlds really hurt her, she did very well at 4CC and Olympics and if it wasn't for being hurt and getting all those downgrades she would have done much better at Worlds than she did. As for Amanda, I think her not having much of an international history hurt her, she did great at 4CC, but that's one event, and also at nationals, which really seems to determine nothing in terms of GPs considering Alissa and Caroline were 10th and 11th there and still got 2 assignments.