PDA

View Full Version : Joannie most likely won't do Grand Prix

Pages : 1 2 [3]

briancoogaert
06-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I hope this won't be another : I'm not retiring but I don't know when I will come back ala Cohen or Kwan ! lol

rhumba
06-12-2010, 06:55 PM
I hope this won't be another : I'm not retiring but I don't know when I will come back ala Cohen or Kwan ! lol

We should give Cohen a credit since she did come back and skate at the US Nationals, not like the other... I admired her for that.

museksk8r
06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
We should give Cohen a credit since she did come back and skate at the US Nationals, not like the other... I admired her for that.

Well, Kwan never said she was definitely coming back like Cohen did. All Michelle ever said was that she is keeping her options open.

alilou
06-12-2010, 07:13 PM
And the Kween finds her way into yet another thread :rolleyes:

And now back on topic - I'm sad it looks like Joannie might retire though not surprised. I love her and her skating. I also don't think she's reached her potential and I'd love to see her skate another year or two to see what she can do now that a lot of the pressure is gone.

nubka
06-13-2010, 12:16 AM
I don't want her to retire either. But I don't want her to step onto the ice if her heart is not in it. She's had a good career.

ITA! :):)

Lanie
06-13-2010, 12:17 AM
I really want her to keep competing because I love her skating so much. She has more potential, I think, to keep doing interesting programs and so on...

tapper88
06-13-2010, 01:53 AM
Me too, but I would understand if her heart wasn't just quite into it anymore-- or even if she just wanted to take a season off and re-evaluate her life. Such a tragedy can put many many things in perspective for her, and I'm willing to support her in whatever she chooses. Most of all, I just want her to be happy and take the time she needs to deal with her Mom's death.

briancoogaert
06-13-2010, 01:35 PM
And the Kween finds her way into yet another thread :rolleyes:
Wheee ! Thanks to me :encore:

And now back on topic - I'm sad it looks like Joannie might retire though not surprised. I love her and her skating. I also don't think she's reached her potential and I'd love to see her skate another year or two to see what she can do now that a lot of the pressure is gone.
I think that it sounds like she will retire. But I don't think the pressure is gone. She is the Olympic bronze medalist, and she is a perfectionist. So, she will always have pressure !

alilou
06-13-2010, 03:19 PM
Wheee ! Thanks to me :encore:

I think that it sounds like she will retire. But I don't think the pressure is gone. She is the Olympic bronze medalist, and she is a perfectionist. So, she will always have pressure !

You keep the Kween out of our Joannie thread ! :lol:

I do get what you mean about the pressure, but surely she'll feel it less than last year heading into the Olys. I just think/hope she may give herself a little more space.