PDA

View Full Version : B&A Official Retirement Announcement

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

shah
06-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I've never been a great fan of B/A, but still I feel a little nostalgic about their retirement...:(...you know, one's getting used to certain faces and it's sad to see them go...anyway, good luck to Tanith and Ben in whatever they try to accomplish next!

victoriajh
06-12-2010, 04:50 PM
while I dont LURVE their skating- i will give kudos for actually ANNOUNCING their retirement- how refreshing!

skateboy
06-13-2010, 09:04 AM
while I dont LURVE their skating- i will give kudos for actually ANNOUNCING their retirement- how refreshing!

AMEN to that! :respec:

pat c
06-13-2010, 03:31 PM
Good luck to both of them, I enjoyed their skating.

LaLola
06-15-2010, 08:06 AM
Latest tweet from Tanith:

TanithJLB

As much as I didn't always enjoy having to train/compete CD's,so glad I don't have to be a guinea pig for this new "short dance".Seems...odd

Probably she is right, but nevertheless I'm sure Ben and her would have made the best of it. It's still unreal not to see them in the starting list for Skate America.

Excidra
06-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Their attitude towards skating and fellow athletes was more appealing than their skating. I wish them luck in whatever career they decide to pursue. :cool:

MikiAndoFan#1
06-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Their attitude towards skating and fellow athletes was more appealing than their skating. I wish them luck in whatever career they decide to pursue. :cool:

Tanith should try acting. She'd be great at that!

HisWeirness
06-15-2010, 06:46 PM
:rofl:

from Tanith's twitter (http://twitter.com/TanithJLB/statuses/16222942820):

Viewed a condo that has posters of Rachel & Mirai over every wall of 1 bedroom. Think we could get a discount?

MikiAndoFan#1
06-15-2010, 07:18 PM
Viewed a condo that has posters of Rachel & Mirai over every wall of 1 bedroom. Think we could get a discount?

:lol:

LaLola
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
The official message from their website. It's similar to the other press releases, but it puts more emphasis on the fact that they will continue skating together.

Happy summer everyone!

Thanks for checking back in with us. Hopefully you're all enjoying some warmer weather outside an ice rink this season with a little fun in the sun. 2010 has been a pretty exciting year for us so far and, as we approach the half-way mark, it looks like we're going to keep making things interesting for ourselves by making a few changes:

We've taken the past few months, since the Olympic Games, to consider where we would like to take our careers and lives from this point forward. After a great Smucker's Stars on Ice 2010 tour and a much needed vacation, we feel that we've taken the necessary time to feel comfortable with our decisions.

After 12 incredible years skating together, we have decided to announce our retirement from competition. We have accomplished and surpassed so many of our goals, from participating in two Olympic Games to pushing ourselves and developing our skills in this sport we love so much. With that, we feel we can move on from our competitive careers without regret. May our fans rest assured, we plan to continue skating together in the professional ranks for years to come.

The world of skating has given us so much, the most valuable of which being the friendships and "family" we have developed over the years. As we move forward with new career paths and ambitions, we will forever take with us these cherished relationships and the life lessons skating has taught us.

We would like to thank our coaches, family, friends, fans and U.S. Figure Skating for their endless support throughout our journey. Giving back to you all and this sport will remain a top priority for us far beyond our time on the ice.

Thank you for giving us some of the very best years of our lives. We look ahead to the future with more joy and confidence than ever before.

Hope to see you soon,
Tanith and Ben

Sylvia
06-17-2010, 10:50 PM
The official message from their website.
Link is: http://www.tanithandben.com/ :)

skateboy
06-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Probably the classiest competitors in figure skating! Thanks, B/A.

Aussie Willy
06-18-2010, 06:58 AM
Even though they may not have been my favourite ice dancers, they are definately a class act with their professionalism and attitude. I wish them well with their future endeavours.

icedance21
06-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Best wishes to them as well.

~tapdancer~
06-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Tanith's latest tweet said something about going back to Philly and wondering if she can still skate. If she's moving back to Michigan, what's up with this? She and Ben don't still need coaches, do they? Maybe they are just wrapping things up.