PDA

View Full Version : B&A Official Retirement Announcement

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

Frau Muller
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
I will certainly miss Tanith and Ben on the competitive scene.

Memory Lane: How many of us remember 'campaigning' for Tanith's US citizenship before the 2006 Olympics? That was something! In retrospect, thank goodness that they were able to participate in what turned out to be their best Oly Games.

BittyBug
06-10-2010, 09:50 PM
They really set the stage for the surge of U.S. ice dance, and they leave the sport better for having participated in it. I'd love to see them remain involved in skating, perhaps in commentating, but I have no doubt they'll both be successful in whatever they pursue.

Debbie S
06-10-2010, 10:41 PM
I'll miss seeing them compete, but I'm looking forward to seeing them skate in shows (where I don't have to be on the edge of my seat and can just enjoy their skating, lol). They have contributed a great deal to U.S. ice dance and have been wonderful role models and ambassadors for the sport. Best of luck to both of them!

Rottie
06-10-2010, 10:43 PM
What a pair of classy people. And they never stopped working, working, working to the limits of their abilities, no matter what setbacks or discouragement or changes that entailed. For that reason, I find them to embody "heroism in sports." Wonderful role models. Of course, their results over a long eligible career are nothing to sneeze at either. I hope they continue to contribute to figure skating in some role for a long time to come, and I'm sure they will go on to be successful in many things.

NancyNC
06-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Well, shoot. I think this is the right move for them, but I'll miss them. They were always a highlight of my Skate America trips.

Me too. :(

VALuvsMKwan
06-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Me too. :(

Yep, especially my elbow getting to touch Ben's very fine hindquarters... :swoon:

jenny12
06-10-2010, 11:23 PM
They have been wonderful for American ice dancing and have accomplished a great deal. I just wish they could have gone out with a beautiful free dance (this is a choreographer complaint though, not a Tanith and Ben complaint).

Rob
06-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Just couldn't climb that last step. Ah well, a great career. Thank you Tanith and Ben for all you did for US Ice dance. Gypsy Dance will always be my fave program of theirs.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-10-2010, 11:55 PM
They have been wonderful for American ice dancing and have accomplished a great deal. I just wish they could have gone out with a beautiful free dance (this is a choreographer complaint though, not a Tanith and Ben complaint).

That's a matter of personal preference.

I thought Ave Maria/Amen was gorgeous.

manleywoman
06-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Gods, I wish they would've won 2009 Worlds. :wuzrobbed

Agreed.

clara00
06-11-2010, 12:07 AM
Oh... NO.......... :(

MikiAndoFan#1
06-11-2010, 12:16 AM
I thought Ave Maria/Amen was gorgeous.

I loved that FD!

:swoon:

ryanj07
06-11-2010, 12:18 AM
I expected B/A to retire but it is still sad to see it finalized. :(

Valentina
06-11-2010, 01:21 AM
I expected B/A to retire but it is still sad to see it finalized. :(

me to :( I'm kind of sad now but i think they are happy cuz their names are defnetly at the US figure skating history. I wish a great future to both of them, they are really nice people (I hope they continue to do shows cuz they are amazing doing this).

cute pics of them http://web.icenetwork.com/gen/photogallery/year_2010/month_06/day_09/cf10987650.html

Polymer Bob
06-11-2010, 01:27 AM
They were a class act. They will be greatly missed. I just wish they could have won a World or Olympic title before they retired. :(