View Full Version : B&A Official Retirement Announcement

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

robinhood
06-10-2010, 08:13 PM
haha, you're evil ziggy!
i wish them well, they've a had a really good career and accomplish many things

sweetsparky
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Most overrated Ice Dance team I have ever seen (I've only been following skating very closely since the late 90s). :P

My little pigs are pointing their little red boots directly to you, and I mean perfectly pointing :P

MikiAndoFan#1
06-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Most overrated Ice Dance team I have ever seen (I've only been following skating very closely since the late 90s). :P

Your comments are always so heartwarming.

:P

Braulio
06-10-2010, 08:16 PM
My little pigs are pointing their little red boots directly to you, and I mean perfectly pointing :P

Mines as well

Ziggy Malo!!!

I will miss Tanith and Ben a lot :(

Rex
06-10-2010, 08:20 PM

I'LL help you SHARPEN THEM. Vaya con diablo Ziggy! :EVILLE:

oleada
06-10-2010, 08:21 PM
I'll miss them. They were a joy & a class act.

Sparks
06-10-2010, 08:33 PM
I'LL help you SHARPEN THEM. Vaya con diablo Ziggy! :EVILLE:
Ziggy = malagente! :angryfire

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I'll miss them. :(

But, it was probably the right time. The judges have already retired them anyway.

Gods, I wish they would've won 2009 Worlds. :wuzrobbed

MOIJTO
06-10-2010, 08:48 PM

Tanith was overrated but Ben was worth every twizzle. I wish he could find another partner that would do him justice, but age and injuries are the concerns!

LilJen
06-10-2010, 08:52 PM
I hope Ben's back can get back to full health and strength. Wonder whether they will both/all (including Ben's girlfriend) move back to MI? Tanith has been saying she'll move back to MI.

Ben = best, most gorgeous posture ever. And a funny guy to boot. I think he'd be fun to hang out with.

UMBS Go Blue
06-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I have so many positive memories of seeing Tanith & Ben develop as a team and compete live over the years - from Sarajevo at 2002 Nats, the Elvis free dance at 2003 Nats & Worlds, West Side Story at 2003-2004 GPF where they broke through as world-level contenders, Shadritsa at 2005 Nats where I stood up in joy applauding all the 6.0s they got... fast forward to 2009 Worlds where I shared their display of emotion at the end of their free dance. Although I've only met them in passing at a 2006 USFS learn-to-skate event in Michigan, I feel like they've been with us so long that they're almost like siblings. I will miss seeing them compete and basking in the joy that they bring to the ice.

Thank you, Tanith & Ben, for being true trailblazers for ice dance in the U.S., and best wishes for whatever you pursue in the future. :cheer2: :40beers: :respec:

Octoberopals
06-10-2010, 08:55 PM
I get the retirement due to age & body injuries. I understant the "professional skating part". But, what happens after that? Will they coach? Do either of them have a college degree??

ros01
06-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Best of luck to them, and I hope to get to see them skate again in person sometime!

Garden Kitty
06-10-2010, 09:16 PM
I'll miss them in competition, but look forward to seeing them in the pro ranks for what I hope will be many years. They made such a contribution to ice dance in the US and we were lucky to have them represent the sport so well for so long.

I always loved seeing Ben come out for warm up. He'd zip around the ice so quickly, smiling and nodding to people in the crowd and looking like he was a kid skating just for fun instead of an elite athlete about to compete in a major event. He always looked like there was no place he'd rather be and nothing he'd rather be doing.

They're both class acts and I wish them all the best.

sweetsparky
06-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Eys, Ziggy has a sharp tongue (or typing fingers, lol) and rains like no one in everybody parade :P but heīs buena gente (nice guy), donīt forget he writes and shares with all of us the best championships detailed reviews :respec: Perky Goddess luuuuurves you, Ziggy, and surely Santa will bring you little red boots this year :saint: ;)

Now seriously

I had usually loved dramatic very refined dance teams so that I fell in complete fan love with such a young, light and even perky team surprised me. Sometimes I loved their programs more, sometimes less, but I always liked their competitive spirit and somehow young style. And certainly I consider Ben Agosto one of the best male ice dancers and Tanith Belbin is gorgeous and really improved all these years. So again, thanks and good luck Belbin/Agosto :cheer2: