PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Fumie Suguri

Pages : [1] 2

MikiAndoFan#1
06-09-2010, 11:50 PM
This interview is from Japan Skates.

http://www.japanskates.com/blog/?p=636

I'm so glad to know Fumie is healthy at the moment!

JS: Do you have any idea much longer you’ll continue?

FS: As long as I can!

Go, go Fumie!

:cheer2:

Ziggy
06-10-2010, 12:00 AM
That was a really lovely interview, thanks for sharing. :)

I am hoping for more longevity from her than the Protopopovs. :D

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the link to the interview. Fumie has always been my fave Japanese ladies skater. I'm glad she's continuing and I hope she has a good season. :)

Marco
06-10-2010, 03:52 AM
I didn't know there's a jump she hates more than the loop! :lol:

From landing her first triple at 15 and then medalling at GPs in 1998 she has gone a long way.

Dr.Siouxs
06-10-2010, 04:12 AM
:cheer2: Fumie :cheer2:

Fozzie Bear
06-10-2010, 05:03 AM
What a thoughtful interview! A great answer to the "why doesn't she just retire" crowd. I love that she wants to give back to the Federation and help younger skaters.

With Lori, yeah. The long program was my choice and she was very happy about that the first time I brought it in. I think that not working with her for two or three years helped us both a lot. I can see that she has different, fresh ideas. The break made us both fresh.

I'm glad she's back with Lori Nichol again. Aside from that unfortunate Rach LP, everything else she's choreographed for Fumie has been very good. I hope she can find a good coach. How about Mr. Sato again? That would be a nice full circle.

paskatefan
06-10-2010, 11:10 AM
Great interview. Love my Fumie! :encore:

Ziggy
06-10-2010, 12:18 PM
I didn't know there's a jump she hates more than the loop! :lol:

I was surprised too because if I remember correctly, she performs a salchow in the FS but haven't been attempting the loop for a while now.

skatak
06-10-2010, 01:02 PM
thanks !

Artifice
06-10-2010, 01:03 PM
It's quite surprising that skaters at this level seem to have issues finding a coach. Fumie doesn't seem to have any help for choreography from her federation neither.

Ziggy
06-10-2010, 01:06 PM
It's quite surprising that skaters at this level seem to have issues finding a coach.

Considering how many coaches Fumie has been through in the last several years, I would be inclined to think that the problem might be lying at her side. :shuffle:

Artifice
06-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Considering how many coaches Fumie has been through in the last several years, I would be inclined to think that the problem might be lying at her side. :shuffle:

It's a possibility as well.

ros01
06-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Interesting. I'm surprised to hear that pro shows are not as popular in Japan. I mean, they can only have so many competitions, and I thought with Shizuka's popularity after the OGM, and how people have followed Mao's career, shows would have a great audience. I wish her the best.

Marco
06-11-2010, 03:01 AM
I figure Japan is probably too small for any profitable and lasting round-the-country touring.

Perhaps a continental tour with the Japanese, Yuna Kim and the Chinese pairs can be very popular? And then it can make its stops in NA and Europe. You know, they are all Olympic and world medalists and what not.

Cast:

Kim
Asada
Ando
Arakawa
Murakami
Ota
Takahashi
Oda
Kozuka
Hanyu
Shen & Zhao
Pang & Tong
Zhang & Zhang
Lu Chen / Yuka Sato as guests etc

:swoon:

blue_idealist
06-11-2010, 03:19 AM
Glad to see no bashing in this thread. Well, not much anyway.