PDA

View Full Version : Pair skater Antoine Dorsaz retires

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

sigrid
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
If I understood it well, he stops for "a lack of motivation" :(

http://www.tsr.ch/sport/autres-sports/2098984-antoine-dorsaz-range-ses-patins-a-21-ans.html
http://www.bielertagblatt.ch/News/Sport/176660

Ana´s will look for a new partner

SamuraiK
06-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Wow!! That was shocking!! "Lack of motivation"??? really?? they are/were one of the most promising young teams around. I seriously thought that in a few years they could bet at least battling for a podium at Euros..

And he was such an eye-candy too :(

reut
06-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Ana´s will look for a new partner

Some :sekret: wrote few days ago on FSO that she already found: she'll skate with Ilja Glebov. Not sure for which country though.

I'm really sorry. I really liked this pair as they were. And also I was really glad for Switzerland that finally they had some decent pair on the world level...

sternfunken
06-09-2010, 04:11 PM
Some :sekret: wrote few days ago on FSO that she already found: she'll skate with Ilja Glebov. Not sure for which country though.

I'm really sorry. I really liked this pair as they were. And also I was really glad for Switzerland that finally they had some decent pair on the world level...

Ilja Glebov? I thought he already found a new partner...:confused:

haribobo
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Wow!! That was shocking!! "Lack of motivation"??? really?? they are/were one of the most promising young teams around. I seriously thought that in a few years they could bet at least battling for a podium at Euros..

Eh, they were a decent team but Euros podium didn't seem to be in their future- not with 3 good Russian teams, and strong German, French, and Italian teams to deal with as well. M/D were a good second tier team but I didn't see them rising much higher. Good for them for accomplishing as much as they did though!

reut
06-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Ilja Glebov? I thought he already found a new partner...:confused:

Yeah, I thought so too. But :sekret: wrote that actually Ilja was trying to skate with few different partners and in the end Ana´s it is.

Braulio
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
I am very upset about this :(

Finnice
06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

I loved them! And yes, definetly a loss of eye candy!:wuzrobbed
And the Europeans being in Bern next year:confused:
Of course, if you don┤t have the motivation, you shoud not do it.

So, is the Steuer camp now only consisting of S/S?

kirkbiggestfan
06-09-2010, 04:28 PM
If you don't have SBS triples, you can't expect much higher results. Ingo got them strong pair elements and style, but their ceiling was limited.

Moka-Ananas
06-09-2010, 04:36 PM
OMG! NOOOOO!!!!!
Morand/Dorsaz were soooo promising!
Well but if Morand is going to skate with Glebov (no matter which country they will represent) one of them has to sit out a year.

reut
06-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Well but if Morand is going to skate with Glebov (no matter which country they will represent) one of them has to sit out a year.

Right. That's why in the article above is written that her participation in Europeans in her home country in unlikely. They don't have any other pair skater in Switzerland to be her partner anyway...

icewalker08
06-09-2010, 05:00 PM
So sad, This is seventh team of this year European which is splited. :( I wonder how many pairs we will have in next Euro.

caseyedwards
06-09-2010, 05:31 PM
I liked their plaid costumes

ivagall
06-09-2010, 06:37 PM
Wow! That's a shocker. They were certainly one of the promising pairs in Europe. :(

So sad, This is seventh team of this year European which is splited. :( I wonder how many pairs we will have in next Euro.
It's actually 9th team of this years Europeans that has splited or retired...

Eislauffan
06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
It is not such a big surprise, although my understanding was that he would retire after the 2010/11 season. Maybe getting injured recently while training the triple twist (broken nose) pushed him to this decision. It's a shame, and too bad that he wasn't able to keep going one more year. I think it would have been a nice experience for both Anais and Antoine to compete at Euros in Switzerland. They were a cute couple, nice to watch.