PDA

View Full Version : Pair skater Antoine Dorsaz retires

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

robinhood
06-11-2010, 11:25 PM
wait....they worked with Gordeeva? I missed that. More info, pliz!!

victoriajh
06-11-2010, 11:31 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anais_Morand

my understanding is that ilia does some seminars/ coaching n switzerland and katia has come along to help ( not of recent years) she is lsted as cheorographer in the above link
not sure for which program
myabe someone else has more info!!

grandma
06-12-2010, 04:37 PM
.... that was ages ago....:)

Evilynn
06-13-2010, 09:06 AM
Anais Morand is only about 1.54 - 1.57 cm and Sergejeva is about 1.68 so
Anais is much smaller

Anais is *tiny* (listed as being 153 cm, 5 ft) and Sergejeva is close to 170 cm, so yeah, definitely not the same size! :lol:

kirkyo
06-15-2010, 07:29 PM
My interest in pairs has just decreased by 95%...for only the shallowest of reasons of course.

The remaining 5% is for Jeremy Barrett's butt.

Imperfect Edge
06-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Thats a tough choice for Anais/Ilia re the citizenship requirements. Hope it works out though.

reut
06-18-2010, 02:47 PM
Rumour about Ilja Glebov confirmed. And also it's written there that this season Anais will try to compete in singles too. Her programs will be choreographed by Paul Sonderegger, Salomé Brunner and Stéphane Lambiel:
http://www.suedostschweiz.ch/newsticker/index.cfm?id=43272

museksk8r
06-18-2010, 02:56 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

*sinks into depression* :(

Jackie Sparrow
06-18-2010, 04:01 PM
I really hope she'll succeed as a single skater :)
Great that she can skate with Glebov but the citizenship issue is a bit of a problem.

reut
06-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I really hope she'll succeed as a single skater :)

I wonder how many triples she has? Switzerland has only two places for ladies? Is this realistic for her to be in Bern?
Wishing her lots of luck anyway!
And hope to see her programs, especially the one choreographed by some "brand new" choreographer. :)

Jackie Sparrow
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
I wonder how many triples she has? Switzerland has only two places for ladies? Is this realistic for her to be in Bern?
Wishing her lots of luck anyway!
And hope to see her programs, especially the one choreographed by some "brand new" choreographer. :) In terms of general talent, artistry and all that stuff, it's very realistic :P I don't know about the technique but I'm somehow quite convinced she can be the second lady. She was very successful as a single before she started skating with Antoine in 2004.

Sylvia
06-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Also, the promising 12-year-old Swiss Junior ladies champion, Alisson Perticheto, is too young even for the JGP this season.

Reposting this interview link from another thread:

Antoine Dorsaz: "Now I have one dream: I want to do shows"

http://www.absoluteskating.com/interviews/2010antoinedorsaz.html

reut
06-18-2010, 04:17 PM
After Sarah retires (I still hope we'll see her this season) would be great to have for Switzerland someone with "general talent, artistry and all that stuff". :) Because to tell the truth I wasn't impressed by other ladies at Swiss Nationals.
And if Anais has a real chance to be in Bern, then all this situation is really exciting.

reut
06-18-2010, 04:19 PM
Also, the promising 12-year-old Swiss Junior ladies champion, Alisson Perticheto, is too young even for the JGP this season.

Well, they still have older girls with triples in Switzerland.

ioana
06-18-2010, 04:56 PM
In terms of general talent, artistry and all that stuff, it's very realistic :P I don't know about the technique but I'm somehow quite convinced she can be the second lady. She was very successful as a single before she started skating with Antoine in 2004.

I agree. In terms of basic skating skills, I thought Noémie Silberer was the only other current Swiss lady who came close to Anais's abilities and she's now retired. Besides, Ms. Morand seems to be a solid competitor which is what I think most of the other Swiss girls seem to be lacking --competitive instinct. I'd love to see this work out for her! It would be nice to have someone be competitive internationally in both singles and pairs again.