PDA

View Full Version : Evan is doing a meet and greet in NY tomorrow w/ his OGM

Pages : [1] 2 3

ryanbfan
06-08-2010, 11:55 PM
http://figureskating.teamusa.org/news/2010/06/08/evan-lysacek-not-done-yet/36435?ngb_id=3

Jealous to all that can attend! It's taking place at a 24 hour fitness between 6 and 7 PM.

I've met Evan twice and the only advice I have is... get there as EARLY as possible!

Cheylana
06-09-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks! That is right around the corner from where I work - I hope to get off work to go!!!

Wyliefan
06-09-2010, 03:52 AM
If you do, have fun and bring back pictures! :)

Cheylana
06-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Ryanbfan, thanks so much for the heads-up! My sister and I ended up going. It was cool. Just a meet n' greet, so no real time to chat with Evan, but it was cool seeing him in person, congratulating him on his success, taking photos and holding his shiny gold medal! I was surprised at how heavy that medal is! :cool:

My sister was more clever - she told him she was taking tango lessons (true) and would he mind posing with her in the tango hold. He was game, and she got an awesome photo, the smart girl she is! :lol:

ryanbfan
06-10-2010, 07:48 AM
wow that sounds so awesome! yeah im not surprised about the no pics thing... but sometimes if you pull a fast one they'll be totally up for it :)

My mom and former exchange student went to meet Jenna Bush for a book signing (my mom was donating the book to my private school's auction for money for the school) and she mentioned the student was from the Netherlands. Even though no pics were allowed, Jenna wanted a pic with her so she got one! Awesome :)

And you are welcome for the heads up! I'm so jealous you got to hold his medal!

Cheylana
06-10-2010, 01:51 PM
Oh, I should clarify, we were allowed to take photos with Evan, I think he signed and took photos with everyone who wanted them. I just meant my sister was clever that she used his DWTS experience to get a particularly awesome shot! I just got a regular photo, although that's still cool too :)

Awesome Jenna Bush story! That's cool you got her book signed by her :)

Anyway, thanks again!

Wyliefan
06-10-2010, 02:10 PM
My sister was more clever - she told him she was taking tango lessons (true) and would he mind posing with her in the tango hold. He was game, and she got an awesome photo, the smart girl she is! :lol:

Good for her! :D Wish we could see it!

Garden Kitty
06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Glad you were able to go and had a good time. Thanks for the reports.

ryanbfan
06-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Awesome Jenna Bush story! That's cool you got her book signed by her :)

Lol, I didn't get to meet Jenna Bush. I was in school that day.

aymkjb88
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Glad to know you had a good time!

I heard Evan had another M&G yesterday in WI, but there's no mention of those events on either his official website or twitter, and there's no public anouncement at all, what is his agent doing?! :angryfire

Here're couple of other events that're not listed on his website:

According to Kristi Yamaguchi's recent interview, Evan will dance with Anna at Kristi's "Dancing the night off" charity dinner to raise fund for Always dream foundation. It'll be hold at SF Hilton on June 19. :cool:

Evan will also walk the red carpet at the world premier of Disney-Pixer's 3D movie "Toy Story 3" in LA on June 13. :swoon:

If FSOwebmaster reads this message, could you please update Evan's schedule on his website, especially the M&G with fans? Thanks!

Cheylana
06-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Glad to know you had a good time!

I heard Evan had another M&G yesterday in WI, but there's no mention of those events on either his official website or twitter, and there's no public anouncement at all, what is his agent doing?! :angryfire
That might explain why the line wasn't as long as I would have expected. Maybe 50-75 people, no more than 100 I would say.

10J
06-11-2010, 11:30 PM
I went also. I've met him before, and this time, it was all about the medal. Took a couple of pictures holding it, which is much heavier than you'd expect. I told him that I was going to be at Nationals this year and asked him if he would be and he kind of looked up at a woman who was possibly his agent? sort of asking her if he could answer the question and said something like, i don't think so.

cheriepopo
06-12-2010, 05:32 AM

wow I love this part! wish we could see this photo one day:D

btw, I always think that gold medal looks like Lays chips...:scream:

aymkjb88
06-13-2010, 11:32 PM
Here's a GREAT blog about Evan's M&G with fans in Chicago yesterday. It's a private event for FlexJet clients, so nothing is publicized. Sounds like everybody at the event had tons of fun with Evan! :swoon:

http://chicagohopeful.blogspot.com/2010/06/ice-skating-with-star.html

Ice Skating with Star

some of my favorite quotes:

Evan is the most down-to-Earth, nicest person/celebrity ever. At times he acted so normal, I forgot he was even famous.

... as I started to fall forward, someone was at my side to help balance me. When I looked and saw it was Evan, I nearly fell over again, this time because, well, it was him. Prince Charming for sure.

When I explained my special stopping move to him, he laughed and mimicked me, adding a couple fancy swerving moves to it. I called him a show-off and when I tried to copy, he had to help me from falling again. ... We skated the rest of the lap together. I told him it made my year.

We had a couple of other encounters that afternoon, like when he signed a photo for me. When he was finished, I asked if he'd like me to sign something for him in return. He thought it was a great idea, and asked if I could make it out to "Evan... that's E-V-A-N." He is not only handsome, but he also has a sense of humor.

Many thanks to Kim for sharing this awesome experience with us! <3 :swoon:

aymkjb88
06-14-2010, 01:03 AM
About the NYC M&G

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100611&content_id=11064490&vkey=ice_news

Lysacek takes another victory lap in New York
Olympic champion hits gym, meets fans