PDA

View Full Version : Joubert & Abbott to Try Flamenco

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

sk9tingfan
06-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Drew Meekins and Sarah Brannen just tweeted that Brian Joubert and Jeremy Abbott will be working with Flamenco expert Antonio Najarro in the forthcoming season. This is getting more and more interesting all the time. :eek: I'll see if I can get the site to cooperate in order to get the content translated.

However, it just says that he will be working with both skaters and pretty much nothing more.

http://www.eter.es/dn/notis/albinoticia.php?id=15113

skatefan
06-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh yes, please translate if you can, thanks :)

Dave of the North
06-08-2010, 02:41 PM
They're going to do flamenco together? :P

sk9tingfan
06-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Oh yes, please translate if you can, thanks :)

The important paragraph starts with " Estais siempre de gira? or Are you always on tour?

He talks about touring in France and Turkey. The significant set of sentences follow, loosely translated as, I have to go alone to Paris to choreograph for Brian Joubert, world figure skating champion and then also travel to the US to work with Jeremy Abbott another world champion.

MR-FAN
06-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Brian + Flamenco = :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

sk9tingfan
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I would love it if both skaters were invited to SA and we could compare how either skater interprets this genre.

schiele_
06-08-2010, 03:35 PM
I second that MR-FAN!:cheer2::cheer2:

skatefan
06-08-2010, 03:44 PM
They're going to do flamenco together? :P
:lol:

... loosely translated as, I have to go alone to Paris to choreograph for Brian Joubert, world figure skating champion and then also travel to the US to work with Jeremy Abbott another world champion.
Thank you :)

mia joy
06-08-2010, 04:30 PM
The significant set of sentences follow, loosely translated as, I have to go alone to Paris to choreograph for Brian Joubert, world figure skating champion and then also travel to the US to work with Jeremy Abbott another world champion.

since when is Abbott a world champion? or did I miss something? :P

anyway, Brian and flamenco don't really seem to correspond for me... he's just not the flamenco type. Although it means he's trying new, he wants to develop and that's good for him. I hope he'll surprise me.

ros01
06-08-2010, 04:34 PM
I have to say that I can't imagine either of them doing flamenco, but you never know. Is Navarro the same guy who worked with Lambiel? That program was insanely good.

museksk8r
06-08-2010, 04:57 PM
I can definitely picture the flamenco style working with Abbott's dancer qualities and keen ability to interpret music, but considering Joubert is the antithesis skater to Abbott and Lambiel, I have huge doubts of his ability to interpret this style of music convincingly. Who knows though . . . maybe he'll surprise us all? Nevertheless, the new 2010-2011 programs will be fun to see and I'll be cheering both Jeremy and Brian on to do great and rebound from the disappointments of their Olympic appearances. :cheer2::cheer2:

briancoogaert
06-08-2010, 05:01 PM
My first thought was : "OMG, I hope they are not dating together !"
If it's just to do flamenco for the next choreography, it's OK.
I'm sure it will be perfect for Jeremy, because he is musical and beautiful.
I'm more than pessimistic about Joubert. LOL

MR-FAN
06-08-2010, 05:04 PM
Wow, I'm the complete opposite to you guys. I'm a huge HUGE Abbott fan, but I don't see him pulling off a flamenco He's too innocent-looking to make it really effective. Brian, I think, can do wonders with it. He's proven he can handle challenging choreography when he wants to, and give him a program where he can play to the audience, you've got a winner.

Andrey aka Pushkin
06-08-2010, 05:07 PM
PML :rofl:
My first thought was that they are doing the flamenco together.

My second thought was that Abbott's would probably the most depressing flamenco in history, at least I have never heard about flamenco dancers looking as if they have just buried their favorite granny and going to burst into tears any second.

And my third thought was "Joubert? Flamenco??? PML!!!"

Oh, those are wonderful news on so many levels!

BittyBug
06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
since when is Abbott a world champion? or did I miss something? :PHe didn't literally say "world champion" - more like world-level champion, which is not entirely out of line since Abbott won the GPF.