PDA

View Full Version : Joubert & Abbott to Try Flamenco

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11

calica
06-09-2010, 10:37 PM
According to: http://www.antonionajarro.com/esp/

The music of Sp of Brian will be: "malaguena"

PS: Thanks to ladelafrontera of spanish forum (www.patinajeartistico.es) by found it

sigrid
06-09-2010, 10:44 PM
It says that Najarro has made an intense artistic work with Brian getting a program full of intensity and with an artistic and gestural dynamics completely innovative for Joubert

Genia
06-09-2010, 11:48 PM
Hmm... I hope Antonio Najarro had permission to reveal Brian's music on his website. If not, that's very unprofessional!!

plushenkofan
06-10-2010, 12:07 AM
I think Jeremy Abbott has a better chance of pulling off a flamenco than Joubert because of the artistry.

LilJen
06-10-2010, 02:18 AM

PS: Thanks to ladelafrontera of spanish forum (www.patinajeartistico.es) by found it

Malaguena = Spanish generic program and also overused :) Dunno that he's gonna need Najarro for that. . . :scream:

briancoogaert
06-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Let me keep my flamenco dream :drama:

... even if I´ll accept Spanish generic program :shuffle:
So, ready and happy to hear Malaguena once again ? :P

There are many Malaguenas. Does anyone know if it's the overused one by Lecuona ? And which version ?

IceIceBaby
06-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Hmm... I hope Antonio Najarro had permission to reveal Brian's music on his website. If not, that's very unprofessional!!

I hope so too! I think this kind of music suits to Brian. He has much more temperament and passion in his eyes than Abbott.

shine
06-10-2010, 10:37 AM
One thing that I have faith in is Abbott's musicality and versatility. He has intensity and drama in his skating and you could see it particularly in his Masquerade Waltz LP from 2 years ago. I have always wanted him to skate to a program that's just purely about the dancing (rather than theme-based) because I think that's what he is. I'm so excited I can't wait!

centerpt1
06-10-2010, 11:33 AM
Joubert is a showman- look forward to his program.

Abbott has grown so much in presentation over the last year. Not sure what will come of this, but Abbott/Sato have shown the ability to ditch a program at the last minute if it's not working. So if it's not good, it'll be gone.

Artifice
06-10-2010, 01:09 PM
If we only think about what skaters did beautifully in the past, we would do nothing today.
I hope Joubert won't try to skate like Stephane. It would be laughable !

That's not what I said. Joubert just seems to lack dancing qualities to do justice to a flamenco piece. But he can do the "macho man".

sweetsparky
06-10-2010, 07:50 PM
So, ready and happy to hear Malaguena once again ? :P

You´re heartless :P

:lol: There are never enough Malagueñas in skating world :cheer: :D

There are many Malaguenas. Does anyone know if it's the overused one by Lecuona ? And which version ?

See. Some hope still for me ;) cause why should a spanish site as Najarro´s write "malaguena". Oh, it can be something shocking and original :saint:

(We need a what malagueña/malaguena Joubert will skate vbookie :P )

kirkbiggestfan
06-10-2010, 08:23 PM
Is that the only excuse he found to wear a sexy toreador:shuffle: outfit?

jlai
06-11-2010, 12:08 AM
I thought Abbott was going to do Flamenco last season because he's already done tango the prior season and Waltz the one before. Of course, the question should be, "after Flamenco then what?":)

casken
06-11-2010, 05:41 AM
I remember when Malequena was the considered the Carmen of skating before Carmen was the Carmen of skating.

Kasey
06-11-2010, 05:50 AM
Methinks one of these skaters will have more success with that kind of program than the other...