PDA

View Full Version : Joubert & Abbott to Try Flamenco

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

calica
06-08-2010, 08:30 PM
You say by this??
http://www.leprogres.fr/fr/article/3234784/Joubert-va-piocher-a-Lyon.html

Maybe flamenko, or tango.... or nothing about this.....

kirkbiggestfan
06-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Or a Spanish Matrix move. :lol:

Beefcake
06-08-2010, 08:34 PM
:lol: Since when does a Joubert program have anything to do with choreo or interpretation?

Finnice
06-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Maybe we will finally see the true Joubert!:HA!:
Or maybe not.
Anyway, I hope that he can get good choreo.

Abbot is a musical guy. I would love to see him doing ice dance (with Massimo...)

igniculus
06-08-2010, 08:48 PM
PML :rofl:
My first thought was that they are doing the flamenco together.

My second thought was that Abbott's would probably the most depressing flamenco in history, at least I have never heard about flamenco dancers looking as if they have just buried their favorite granny and going to burst into tears any second.

And my third thought was "Joubert? Flamenco??? PML!!!"

Oh, those are wonderful news on so many levels!

All so true! :rofl:

caseyedwards
06-08-2010, 08:54 PM
I think Joubert would likely have a Flemenco costume and open his short program with some flamenco like move and also possibly end the routine with a flamenco like move. Obviously there is no Flamenco way to do a triple lutz or a quad triple or a flamenco way to a mohawk turn but maybe in costume and attitude he could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ioana
06-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Flamenco is not a word I ever expected to see in a sentence with Jeremy Abbott's name. Should be interesting, though. Maybe it will make him more aggressive.

Maybe he'll do a more subdued style of flamenco, like the Gallecia Flameco Kimmie Meisner used a few years ago. And, before anyone starts :angryfire, I'm only referring to the music. Although I liked the interpretation, too

briancoogaert
06-08-2010, 09:05 PM
Wow, I'm the complete opposite to you guys. I'm a huge HUGE Abbott fan, but I don't see him pulling off a flamenco He's too innocent-looking to make it really effective. Brian, I think, can do wonders with it. He's proven he can handle challenging choreography when he wants to, and give him a program where he can play to the audience, you've got a winner.
Really ? I'm a huge ABbott fan, and I loved the drama in his Tango LP in 2009 and the passion in his Waltz LP in 2008.
I think that passion + drama can do a perfect Flamenco.
Anyway, it depends so much on the music and the choreography. Let's wait and see ;)

Jeremy Abbott is dating Massimo Scali....check out Massimo's FB
At least, it's better taste than Joubert. :P

briancoogaert
06-08-2010, 09:08 PM
There are pictures of Brian and Romain in local newspapers doing Flamenco pauses!
:rofl:
Are you sure it's flamenco moves and not just because the rink is too sunny ? :cool:

REO
06-08-2010, 09:48 PM
I agree with Mr Fan. I think Brian would be great with flamenco! He's all about the sexy macho posturing. I see it less with Jeremy but he's a good artist I think he could pull it off too. These could turn out to be great programs.

sweetsparky
06-08-2010, 09:52 PM
PML :rofl:
My first thought was that they are doing the flamenco together.

My second thought was that Abbott's would probably the most depressing flamenco in history, at least I have never heard about flamenco dancers looking as if they have just buried their favorite granny and going to burst into tears any second.

And my third thought was "Joubert? Flamenco??? PML!!!"

Oh, those are wonderful news on so many levels!

:lol:

I hope it´ll be Soleá for Abbot, so he can :drama: Bulerias for Joubert :smokin:, I´m just :swoon: and :rofl: with all the potential posing, posing and more posing :cheer2:

museksk8r
06-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Abbot is a musical guy. I would love to see him doing ice dance (with Massimo...)

You're playing into my fantasies. :) As long as their dance involves a lot of kisses and hand holds. ;) *daydreams* :swoon::cheer2::encore:

centerpt1
06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
You're playing into my fantasies.

I'm hoping for something by Manuel de Falla - maybe Ritual Fire Dance............
Abbot should be able to interpret something like that.

REally looking forward to both Joubert's and Abbott's programs!

The Observer
06-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Brian + Flamenco = :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I want to see Brian win Worlds next year, or at least beat Patrick Chan.

Go Brian!

nalgene
06-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I think we're going to see two very different interpretations of Flamenco, each suited to the strengths of the skater. I can't wait!