PDA

View Full Version : Why won't Kwan skate in the US?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

wickedwitch
06-06-2010, 05:14 PM
I'd love to see her live again. She must be getting some offers. Why hasn't she taken any?

skatesindreams
06-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I doubt that there are many offers that don't conflict with Michelle's academic schedule or public responsibilities.
The available options aren't what they once were.

She has said that she plans to skate in the US again.

Carolla5501
06-06-2010, 09:52 PM
I expect the payout for Korea is much higher then anything here.

IceJunkie
06-06-2010, 10:04 PM

You got it.

Skating shows/tours just aren't that profitable in the U.S.

Jarrett
06-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Because she hates America. I heard she is abandoning her citizenship and skating for Russia in 2014.

REO
06-06-2010, 10:53 PM
Oh! Her and Johnny. My two faves! lol

Lacey
06-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Money Money Money

Coco
06-06-2010, 11:38 PM

But surely there's a charity show or something similar that she could do. I mean, I'm cynical, but even I don't think it's purely a $$ issue. She's not a heartless, cash craving capitalist.

I imagine it's a mental/emotional thing. Maybe skating in the US as a skater who is not truly ever going for a worlds or olympic team ever again would have emotional significance for her that skating in Korea does not.

Ziggy
06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
She's not a heartless, cash craving capitalist.

And you know that how? ;)

Kwan is actually a turrorist and she is planning to betray her country by representing North Korea in Sochi. :drama:

Lilith11
06-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Perhaps because all the skating shows in the US would mean long term committment, like SOI whereas in Korea, the shows just go on for 3 days?

danceronice
06-07-2010, 01:08 AM
Isn't she in a pretty tough grad-school program? Work and schedule for that is probably going to take priority over everything else.

Coco
06-07-2010, 01:14 AM
Isn't she in a pretty tough grad-school program? Work and schedule for that is probably going to take priority over everything else.

Well, if she can find time to FLY TO KOREA and skate, that excuse doesn't work.

And wasn't it always rumored that she hated to fly?

I think the US is ripe for a Festa style 3 day show in Vegas, don't you?

Carmen Ovsiannikov
06-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Perhaps because all the skating shows in the US would mean long term committment, like SOI whereas in Korea, the shows just go on for 3 days?

She possibly could skate in one of the Disson shows since each one is a one night deal. It would be nice to see her skate again.

attyfan
06-07-2010, 01:21 AM
Since school won't let her do long term commitments, such as an SOI tour, that leaves the Disson shows -- most of which have not yet announced their full schedules yet. So, I wouldn't assume quite yet that she won't skate in the US.

Wyliefan
06-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Well, if she can find time to FLY TO KOREA and skate, that excuse doesn't work.

I don't think Michelle needs any "excuses." :) She can skate when she wants and focus on other things when she wants. It seems to be working out well for her.