PDA

View Full Version : The Next Food Network Star 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Rex
06-05-2010, 04:34 PM
It premiers tomorrow

A look at the 12 finalists (http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-next-food-network-star/index.html).

I've only looked at a couple of the vids. Way too early to pick a standout now.

Discuss.

Rex
06-07-2010, 02:07 AM
I take an instant dislike to anyone who calls themselves the winner before the comp has even bloody started. Several of them have come across like that already....give confidence, not cockiness and arrogance.

peibeck
06-07-2010, 02:14 AM
I'm surprised at how many trained chefs are on the show this season. I don't think it's a good sign when the show has just made it to its first commercial break, and I'd be happy to see half the contestants leave already. :shuffle:

Rex
06-07-2010, 02:22 AM
I'm surprised at how many trained chefs are on the show this season. I don't think it's a good sign when the show has just made it to its first commercial break, and I'd be happy to see half the contestants leave already. :shuffle:

LOL, they are all majorly SUCKING at the first comp - describing their dish on camera.

BigB08822
06-07-2010, 02:48 AM
I am watching but not sure why. This show makes me so uncomfortable because most of them suck so badly at first, particularly on the camera challenges. I think Das or the young guy are lagging behind but the young one is really cute so I don't think they will want to cut him so quickly, they are probably rooting for him to do well. Herb is annoying.

Rex
06-07-2010, 02:50 AM
I am watching but not sure why. This show makes me so uncomfortable because most of them suck so badly at first, particularly on the camera challenges. I think Das or the young guy are lagging behind but the young one is really cute so I don't think they will want to cut him so quickly, they are probably rooting for him to do well. Herb is annoying.
I dislike Herb and Brianna for some reason. Like I said, I don't like cocky.

Alexis fills me with pride ;).

But he's really struggling with being on camera.

Lanie
06-07-2010, 03:14 AM
I really like Aarti (did I spell that right? haha). She's so cute and fun.

Matryeshka
06-07-2010, 03:20 AM
I like the girl who said something to the effect of "unlike your mother, I say, play with your food." She was charming, and does :swoon: Indian food.

I'm so tired of American (Classic, Nouveau, Infused, whatever), So Easy An Austistic Monkey Could Do It, and Italian cuisines on the FoodTV.

But then again, I think the majority of these contestants are American-style chefs, which I understand is what most home cooks (to use their term) want, but damnit, I want some variety.

These meal plans from the two teams are dull. Arugala salad with lemon-herb vinagrette? Even Sandra Lee is bored.

Rex
06-07-2010, 03:27 AM
Who did Giada's hair?? It's horrid.

Matryeshka
06-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Who did Giada's hair?? It's horrid.

Forget her hair. I want to know who did her breastage. :grope:

And her bobblehead.

Rex
06-07-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm so tired of American (Classic, Nouveau, Infused, whatever), So Easy An Austistic Monkey Could Do It, and Italian cuisines on the FoodTV. This.

Forget her hair. I want to know who did her breastage. :grope:

And her bobblehead.

:rofl: Don't mess with her head! It might chase you down the street!

But her girls have always impressed - her and Nigella.

I feel bad for Alexis - I think he's adorable and wish he could get his personality to come through. Herb is annoying like someone said earlier, but he's smokin'.

Matryeshka
06-07-2010, 03:48 AM
So...is it wrong that the most "shocking" thing on this show tonight has been that Wolfgang Puck is married...to a woman. :eek:

Rex
06-07-2010, 04:05 AM
So...is it wrong that the most "shocking" thing on this show tonight has been that Wolfgang Puck is married...to a woman. :eek:

Yes, his second wife. Not that it means anything.

:fragile: Alexis :fragile:. I liked him, but he was not friends with the camera. Something mental/emotional was going on there, I'm afraid.

Reuven
06-07-2010, 11:06 AM
"Camera Freeze" I call it. Normally outgoing person, has all the qualities you think s/he'll need, goes absolutely blank the second the camera is on.

Rex
06-07-2010, 12:44 PM
"Camera Freeze" I call it. Normally outgoing person, has all the qualities you think s/he'll need, goes absolutely blank the second the camera is on.

I keep thinking about that Brady Bunch episode where Cindy gets to star on the kids' quiz show on TV because she knows all the answers, and she starts to get on everyone's nerves because she is starting to act like a know-it-all. But as soon as she is in front of the camera, she freezes up and can't answer any of the questions.