PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

algonquin
06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
:d I don't think Jaime is ugly, but I was just stating the obvious, she looks noticably different than 8 years ago.Sweetie, all of us look noticably different than 8 years ago. I can't believe that I am commenting on this. :wall:

Before this thread becomes a totally train wreck, I will write that I was sorry to hear about this. I will not cast judgement because no one leaves a broken marriage undamaged. Mostly, I feel for their boy.

Judy
06-05-2010, 01:46 PM
For those that aren't or haven't been married (yet) .. it takes two to contribute to any marriage breakup.

I wish them the best, a divorce is never, ever easy especially when there is a child involved.

Cheylana
06-05-2010, 01:47 PM
Does anyone else think Jaime Sale is aging badly?
No, not really.

Rafter
06-05-2010, 01:50 PM
To be fair, he's been separated from Jamie for a year and a half, so it's not quite as skeezy as if he was stepping out on her, though he's supposedly also been with Jessica Dube in that time (IIRC from :sekret: he's the real reason she and Bryce broke up...)

I thought David was with Sasha Cohen, not Dube (pre-Virtue).

MOIJTO
06-05-2010, 01:54 PM
Marriage is hard work, it takes understanding, patience, respect, compromise and commitment.

Its easy to forget these things and its easy to take for granted. Divorce is hardest on the kids, I hope that Jamie and David have the ability to remember this with their actions, decisions and words to each other.

Coco
06-05-2010, 02:03 PM

Oh now you are just purposely being funny, right?!?!

Ladies - there is more than one straight man in the skating world. Spread the love around, he shouldn't get it all!

Norlite
06-05-2010, 02:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I heard too.

Last year, during the SOI tour.
(or was it the year before?)

Wyliefan
06-05-2010, 02:13 PM
Now I'm laughing how naive some of you were when in some old thread you hysterically squalled that it couldn't be true about Tessa and David, and you knew it for sure, and she was an angel which couldn't be involved in a relationship with a married man who was 15 years older than her and bla bla bla:lol:
Seriously, it's time to wake up from your pink dreams and expectations about your sweethearts and face a life what it is. Really it looks like the majority of this board are teenagers.

You stay classy, there, Fashionista.

i love to skate
06-05-2010, 02:20 PM
You have to wonder if they even tried to make it work.

Why would you wonder that? :confused:People don't aim to get a divorce!

18 months... so their son would hav been just over a year old. nice.

It is much better for a child to grow up with parents who are happier apart rather than staying together "for the sake of the child". Jesse won't remember his parents being together, so the way he sees his life will be the way it is now....with two loving parents who do not live together. This will be a more supportive, loving, and productive environment for Jesse to grow up and thrive in.

As for the Tessa/David outrage...what's the big deal? David and Jamie were separated for 18 months and Tessa would have been 19/20 in that time frame...an adult who is old enough to make her own decisions! 15 years is not the biggest age difference either.

Really
06-05-2010, 02:38 PM
Why would you wonder that? :confused:People don't aim to get a divorce!

It is much better for a child to grow up with parents who are happier apart rather than staying together "for the sake of the child". Jesse won't remember his parents being together, so the way he sees his life will be the way it is now....with two loving parents who do not live together. This will be a more supportive, loving, and productive environment for Jesse to grow up and thrive in.

As for the Tessa/David outrage...what's the big deal? David and Jamie were separated for 18 months and Tessa would have been 19/20 in that time frame...an adult who is old enough to make her own decisions! 15 years is not the biggest age difference either.This post pretty much sums up the way I feel about the situation. As long as they're both being good parents to their son, the rest is the business of legal adults. They're certainly not the first (famous) couple to divorce, and I somehow doubt they'll be the last...

riveredge
06-05-2010, 02:44 PM
This is sad. Oh well.

pani
06-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Now I'm laughing how naive some of you were when in some old thread you hysterically squalled that it couldn't be true about Tessa and David, and you knew it for sure, and she was an angel which couldn't be involved in a relationship with a married man who was 15 years older than her and bla bla bla:lol:
Seriously, it's time to wake up from your pink dreams and expectations about your sweethearts and face a life what it is. Really it looks like the majority of this board are teenagers.

I think the problem is, that people thought, if S-P skated "Love story" they must be together forever. Its understanding, that if man start living without his family, he will find new gf soon. I vcand understand, what a problem, if Tessa dating with him?

Wyliefan
06-05-2010, 02:52 PM

So says one theory, though it hasn't been proven beyond dispute. Read Between Two Worlds by Elizabeth Marquardt sometime.

But at any rate, I wish the very best for Jesse, and I hope his parents can make it work as well as possible.

i love to skate
06-05-2010, 03:06 PM
So says one theory, though it hasn't been proven beyond dispute. Read Between Two Worlds by Elizabeth Marquardt sometime.

But at any rate, I wish the very best for Jesse, and I hope his parents can make it work as well as possible.

Divorce is absolutely stressful on children, no matter what the age and situation is. However, there are so many other implications that can arise when parents stay together for the kids. Is it really better for children to witness parents fighting, yelling, being disrespectful, showing constant tension, and no affection towards each rather than living in separate households? Children learn by what their experiences are and what is shown to them.

There is lots of research that has been done that shows that the younger a child is when the divorce occurs, the better they adjust to their new surroundings. Mostly because a toddler does not have the same understanding than say, an adolescent does so it is easier to accept this new lifestyle.

I will check out that book sometime. I just finished up my Bachelor's degree though, so I think I will be giving myself a little break from reading :lol:

snoopysnake
06-05-2010, 03:42 PM
Carol Heiss and Hayes Jenkins