PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jenny
06-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Now because no one has mentioned it yet, and we've already strayed so far off-topic anyway, let me say that Kurt's wife Sonia Rodriguez was absolutely brilliant Tuesday night. She's a wonderful,wonderful dancer and has waited a long time to get this role - believe me she made the most of it. In the final scene she was so dramatic and passionate she left the audience as limp as a wrung out dishcloth! I've been a passionate ballet fan for over 50 years and this performance has to one of my top 10 right now.

Indeed! I saw Sonia as Giselle last year or the year before, and her performance in Onegin was in another world altogether. Absolutely exquisite from start to finish, every gesture, every expression.

I too am a ballet fan, and it's not too often that the entire audience rises to their feet as the final curtain is drawn, and stays up for every bow.

I didn't even know Sonia was performing when I bought the tickets, so it was a lovely surprise to be there for a special night, and get some bonus skater spottings.

On another note, since there seem to be a few ballet fans here, the National Ballet also debuted new sets with this production - it was fun to see the audience applaud the sets as each scene began!

Jenny
06-29-2010, 05:56 PM
WRT Jamie and David, I wonder who will be on the fall Battle of the Blades show this September?

I thought Jamie was already confirmed, but who knows if David will participate.

There were some gorgeous lifts in Onegin - I wondered if David was paying attention ... I also wondered if Jeff was thinking about the music, and what a great character Onegin would have been to portray on ice. I think he could have pulled it off.

ildah
06-29-2010, 06:36 PM
I saw the first ad on CBC for the upcoming Battle OTB this October. The final flash is to Jamie and Craig with Jamie crying and Craig with his arm around her. My stomach felt kind of sick. My guess is Craig will stay far, far, far away from the audience this year. If things were different I'm sure he would show up at least once. My guess is we'll see Domi, Underhill etc and others from last year who aren't on the ice this year sometime during the 7 weeks in the audience but not Craig. Anyone want to take bets??

If Jamie is still confirmed I guess she's not pregnant? Yet.

enigma
06-29-2010, 09:41 PM
One can only imagine how many hockey players' wives are more than a little concerned about their husbands appearing on this show now. I certainly wouldn't want my husband skating with Ms Sale....

Andora
06-30-2010, 04:19 AM
What kills me about Jamie & Craig being the subject of rumours is of the top three, they had the least romantic chemistry, imho. :lol:

Prancer
06-30-2010, 11:57 AM
One can only imagine how many hockey players' wives are more than a little concerned about their husbands appearing on this show now. I certainly wouldn't want my husband skating with Ms Sale....

I'd point mine right at her. She's too busy to take on someone else.

Katta
06-30-2010, 04:13 PM
What kills me about Jamie & Craig being the subject of rumours is of the top three, they had the least romantic chemistry, imho. :lol:

Couldn't agree more!!!:lol: My thought when I read abot the rumours (I think it was in a Kurt Browning article) was that it MUST be about Claude and Shae-lynn..... Their chemistry was quite something

ildah
06-30-2010, 04:55 PM
In the Kurt Browning article, there is nothing to indicate that the wife he was talking about is not Claude's wife. I never thought for a moment it was Craig's wife, because knowing what he knows now Kurt would probably never bring that up in an interview if it was Craig's wife who confronted the skater.

On the other hand, I wondered if that fact was placed there in order to "cover" for the fact that when/if it all comes out as it is sure to this year, Kurt is going on record as saying it was absolutely not going on during Botb. (both their marriages just 'happened" to break up after botb was over and they were good friends already, so voila!) Ya, right.;)

Pratfall
06-30-2010, 06:20 PM
:lol:Yup. My first thought was that he must have been referring to Claude and Shae Lynn , too. BTW..how did they not win ? Half of Alberta must have been on speed dial...

overedge
06-30-2010, 06:26 PM
On the other hand, I wondered if that fact was placed there in order to "cover" for the fact that when/if it all comes out as it is sure to this year, Kurt is going on record as saying it was absolutely not going on during Botb. (both their marriages just 'happened" to break up after botb was over and they were good friends already, so voila!) Ya, right.;)

What next in the grand conspiracy theory? Are the black helicopters going to fly overhead and shoot a memory-zapping ray so that no one remembers anything? :rolleyes:

Come on. These people have more important things to deal with than "planting" facts to cover up things they might or might not have said previously about something that might never become public.

Twilight1
07-01-2010, 04:36 AM
I think Shae- Lynn was quoted as saying that (chemistry) was what she worked on right away with Claude wasn't it?

They were my fave couple and I was gutted that Sale won the 1st time around.

Japanfan
07-01-2010, 05:05 AM
ITA that Shae and Claude had the best chemistry. They were my favourites as well.

I thought that Jamie and Craig were uneven in that my attention was focused much more on her than on him. That said, she does have a lot of charisma and presence as a performer, much more than he does.

The Observer
07-01-2010, 06:29 AM
What next in the grand conspiracy theory? Are the black helicopters going to fly overhead and shoot a memory-zapping ray so that no one remembers anything? :rolleyes:

Come on. These people have more important things to deal with than "planting" facts to cover up things they might or might not have said previously about something that might never become public.

I used to believe that too, but after seeing the way the Canadian media and the sports community in Canada have covered up a lot of things about Sale & Pelletier's marriage in recent years, I now know better.

The reality is that information is regularly manipulated and covered up through stories and spin. It's the world we live in. Everyone has an agenda.

overedge
07-01-2010, 07:31 AM
I used to believe that too, but after seeing the way the Canadian media and the sports community in Canada have covered up a lot of things about Sale & Pelletier's marriage in recent years, I now know better.

The Canadian media stopped paying a lot of attention to S&P after the Olympics & after they retired from amateur competition. Professional skaters in Canada don't get much media attention at all, except if there's high-profile scandal and/or court proceedings involved (e.g. Lloyd Eisler's ugly divorce). So I highly doubt that the media really cared what was going on in Sale & Pelletier's marriage, or cared enough to make up stories or cover things up.

The reality is that information is regularly manipulated and covered up through stories and spin. It's the world we live in. Everyone has an agenda.

Yes, that's reality, but what's going on in professional skaters' marriages is not a priority on the media's "agenda", especially the sports media. Covering baseball, football, hockey, basketball, and the other "big" sports is their agenda.

The Observer
07-01-2010, 05:56 PM
The Canadian media stopped paying a lot of attention to S&P after the Olympics & after they retired from amateur competition. Professional skaters in Canada don't get much media attention at all, except if there's high-profile scandal and/or court proceedings involved (e.g. Lloyd Eisler's ugly divorce). So I highly doubt that the media really cared what was going on in Sale & Pelletier's marriage, or cared enough to make up stories or cover things up.

I'm not sure if you have followed this story over the past 10 years like some of us have. As a number of people pointed out earlier in this thread, the Canadian press wanted to create a fairy tale couple and so they deliberately chose to present only certain things, and hide others.

There definitely was a cover up by the Canadian sports media about a lot of the controversy surrounding Sale & Pelletier's relationship. Not just in recent years since Salt Lake City, but starting 10 years ago when David's first marriage broke up. The media did not report the fact that he left his wife for Jamie. That only appeared last month in the press when they announced their divorce. Why do you think they waited so long to report that? They didn't want it to get out earlier.