PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

lise
06-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Honestly, I think they are both at fault.

David is not known for fidelity; he cheated on his first wife with Jamie and is known to many people as controlling. I have a feeling that he controlled everything in his professional and home life. I knew instinctively in 2002 that if they were to get married, it would not work unless David would get help with his issues.

Jamie is no saint either, but David left her close to 2 years ago. i think she tried to make it work for Jesse's sake, but if you look at the timing, Jesse was 6 months old when they separated and it's also the same time David started solo projects helping Annie Barabe with her skaters. By the time Battle of the Blades started, it was over. If David is with Tessa, it would explain why the Olympics sealed the divorce.

Do I condone affairs? Not at all, but they are both to blame and they will have a lot to explain to Jesse when he grows up. I do have an inkling that their on-ice partnership will disolve soon as I don't see them able to work together anymore as evidenced at CSOI.

Winnipeg
06-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Who isn't putting any blame on Craig??? He left his wife and 3 kids for a sleezy affair. There is no way he is blameless. seriously, what on the world would make you think anyone would think he would be?:confused:

How do we know he wasn't already separated from his wife? (Craig that is)

ildah
06-21-2010, 05:29 PM
You are right. A lot is being inferred. If they were separated since early 2009, Jessie was a year and a half old. We don't know if David left her, or if the bombshell hit their marriage and she asked him to leave. I still think that David's wandering was a red flag and a sign of the stress in the marriage after the baby, not a desire to leave and get a divorce. If he truly didn't want her anymore and wanted out of the marriage, then that humiliation and stress would have been awful for her. Even if it was "just" affairs, in the small and incestuous skating world it would also have been humiliating and devastating for jamie, as it would for any normal woman.

I know they had to hold it together for their Olympics contract and skating contracts, but my gut still tells me that they were trying to reconcile and had not thrown in the towel in Sept-Dec 2009. But now that I see that so much of the personas was 'acting' you wonder what was real.

I remember hearing that following 9/11 about a year later there were a huge number of sudden divorces and split ups in the NY fire department. In every case, the man left his wife/kids for one of the 9/11 firefighter widows that he had been connected to as a kind of surrogate father/mentor. The NYFD long had a policy when a firefighter died of making another firefighter take over to make sure the family was OK. I remember finding it strange that widows who had just recently been devastated by the loss of their husbands and experienced terrible grief, didn't put themselves in the shoes of the wives of the living firemen who left them for these same widows.

Yes, there is a point to my story. Whatever her behavior now, it looks like Jamie and David too had a very stressful 2009. Now another woman, married for many years and the mother of 3 teenagers is going through that pain thanks in part to her husbands new 'friend'. She and her kids visited the set of battle of the blades and the whole Simpson family went out to dinner including Jamie and David to celebrate. No, Craig simpson was not separated. He just didn't see the locamotive coming along the train tracks.

If you look at Jamie at the bell gala in October, there was a woman who had done a complete turnaround from the way she looked the last 2 years and had decided to 1) become as desireable as possible to win back her husband or to get back at her husband 2) had made a goal to move on and find herself someone new, if at all possible.

If battle of the blades had not happened last fall, they would not be getting a divorce, I'm sure of it. They might be still struggling to get the trust back and working on things, but jamie saw a way forward where she wouldn't be alone and she took it.

I heard Craig simpson on the fan 590 about 3 weeks ago and at the interview they asked him about a possible appearance on this years battle of the blades or maybe as a judge, and he was very vague and closed off the subject really quickly by saying somethng like 'no I've put those skates away in the attic that's finished' but boy oh boy could you ever tell he wanted to get off that subject as soon as possible. He must know hes going to look like a laughing stock from some reality show instead of a hero who earned a pile of money for a worthwhile charity.

skatesindreams
06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
We don't know the true circumstances.
It's none of our business.

Winnipeg
06-21-2010, 06:35 PM
We don't know the true circumstances.
It's none of our business.

True, but then this entire post should be gone (and many others on this site!:rolleyes::D:D:P:drama:

Rex
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
True, but then this entire post should be gone (and many others on this site!:rolleyes::D:D:P:drama:

I don't mind. Of course their private conversations regarding their breakup are private, but all this "it's none of our business" bunk makes me :lol:. I wanna hear more speculation. And dish.

The Observer
06-22-2010, 08:22 AM
David is not known for fidelity; he cheated on his first wife with Jamie and is known to many people as controlling. I have a feeling that he controlled everything in his professional and home life. I knew instinctively in 2002 that if they were to get married, it would not work unless David would get help with his issues.

I thought David had improved his ability to handle his outbursts, temper and attitude a number of years ago. I remember all those interviews with him and Richard Gauthier where they talked about how difficult David was to work with in the early years and how he would blow up all the time but that training with Richard got him to become much more focused on positive thinking and becoming less angry and impatient.

But perhaps it is still a work in progress since we all know it can take us many years to change our behavior and make changes in our lives. At the very least, it appears that David is still struggling with maintaining a long-term relationship/marriage. Going through 2 marriages by the time you are only 35 is definitely an indication that some more self-exploration would be a good idea.

judgejudy27
06-22-2010, 08:33 AM
She was talking about Howe Zhang. After commenting on the power of his lift she said that she had been lifted by him and it was "exciting - he got me up there so fast". And then she said "I wish Dave (or you) could lift me like that". Dave was totally flummoxed and I think all he said was "What?" in a very confused fashion.

It's easy to understand that Jamie might find Zhang's lifts more exciting than David's, but yeah, it was totally inappropriate comment, regardless of whether or not they were a couple off the ice at the time. Though I will admit that I did find it interesting.

It wasn't spoken with malice or negative judgment - just one of those 'oops' moments that are made much the worse if one is a television commentator.

I suspect if their relationship was not so good at the time (and it sounds like it wasnt) she was purposely trying to needle him and go out of her way to mock him. As much as David's character and actions could be questioned, I felt sorry for him. Jamie was completely disrespectful and out of line with many of her on air comments, then again that seems to be nothing new for her.

She is after all an Olympic Gold medalist, rich, and got a lucrative competitive and touring life for a decade because of him, regardless how their marriage was. If it wasnt for him she would still probably be working at a coffee shop or whatever it was she was doing. Of course he owes her alot too, just saying....

danceronice
06-22-2010, 05:24 PM
ITA. I wouldn't put up with it for five minutes. But I think she finds if flattering that he "just loves her so much."

Her name's not Stephenie Meyer or Bella Swan, is it?

[Runs and hides from the Twihards, but really, you just summed up Edward/Bella in a nutshell and why many of us find the books far more creepy than romantic. I'd be a constant nervous wreck with a "partner" like that.]

Regarding Hao Zhang--snipey or not, I heard from someone the guy can press-life other MALE pair skaters...I can't blame Jamie for saying it and really, David couldn't have argued he could lift her like that. I can't think of many male pair skaters who have the power the Chinese men do.

If we want a tough 'marriage counsellor', though, I suggest Dennis Leary's therapy program: Shut the Fcuk Up. "I'm just not happy, I'm just not happy..." "Shut the fcuk up! Happieness is short, you eat the cookie, you come, you smoke the cigarette, it goes away. I'm just not happy..." No one is happy all the time, no one feels romantically super in love with their partner all the time. Life is not about feeling happy all the time, 24/7, and getting along perfectly. Every minor disagreement and annoyance is not World War II, though with some relationships these days it seems to be. More partners of both genders might keep their pants zipped and their skirts down if they'd just accept that it's not ALWAYS gonna feel like the honeymoon, get over it.

Winnipeg
06-22-2010, 05:46 PM
I just don't see what Tessa sees in him..............egad already. She could do so much better .............

pani
06-22-2010, 06:00 PM
I just don't see what Tessa sees in him..............egad already. She could do so much better .............

Did you saw them together?

tabbie
06-22-2010, 06:13 PM

I remember after Dean married Trenary (Wife # 2 ) he was quoted as saying something like "I don't think I could ever do anything to hurt (emotionally, I assume) her". At the time I thought it was an interesting quote--that he would feel the need to comment on what he wouldn't do with Trenary. They are divorced now. Don't know if Dean is on to wife # 3 yet.

Pelletier (known for his controlling attitude and angry outbursts, like Dean) has probably turned some of this around, but he may be the type who gets caught up in the excitement of a new, fresh, "clean slate" kind of relationship; he may be less able to hold it together over time.

Before you all :angryfire me, please relax. I have no more idea about what goes on in Pelletier's or Dean's mind than I know what goes on in the Queen of England's mind. It's just a thought. True, you could accuse me of playing armchair analyst, and so I am!

PS I have no thoughts, wise or otherwise, about Jamie's role in the breakup, or Craig Simpson's apparent infidelity.

Pratfall
06-22-2010, 06:17 PM
:( I hope the Tessa rumour turns out not to be true.. I have a lot of faith in Tessa's being sensible. Actually , I was raising my eyebrows a bit over some other young skater ( well , much younger than David ) in the 2009 season , but I'm not adding any more names here...I have no access to behind the scenes info , but there were a couple of moments caught on TV that seemed to catch an intense level of energy..some intriguing body language between the two ( at the time, it just seemed a bit out of place )...I hope neither is true..but would have thought the Non-Tessa possibility more likely..:shuffle:

Sk8tn
06-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Regarding Hao Zhang--snipey or not, I heard from someone the guy can press-life other MALE pair skaters...I can't blame Jamie for saying it and really, David couldn't have argued he could lift her like that. I can't think of many male pair skaters who have the power the Chinese men do.

Does anyone remember the picture of Steve Hartsell doing a press lift with Aaron Parchem? I remember one person commenting that Parchem had good posture and remembered to point his toes at the top of that lift.:D

leafygreens
06-22-2010, 06:51 PM
Tessa is so Virtue-ous it would be hilarious to have her caught up with a married man... Hopefully she's smart enough to realize that when you lay with dogs, you get up with fleas. But young women caught up in scandalous relationships think he'd never do the same to her... :violin: