PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

overedge
06-20-2010, 02:57 AM
Hmm. Interesting. I'm seeing a bit of truth in this I have to admit. I think Jamie made the decision to go after Craig Simpson as a fallback, and when it worked she was willing to let her marriage go. I'm not saying they didn't probably have a painful, rough year over their marital problems just like the rest of us have experienced at one time or another, but keeping in mind your observations, the battle of the blades win probably fed her ego tremendously. There's nothing wrong with that, we all have egos and would be lying if we said it doesn't feel good when we get attention.

The Edmonton Journal guy who is a big fan of theirs for many years said that friends noticed around Christmas and afterwards they were like their old selves and really a couple again but then things changed for the final time. I actually don't think they had an affair during battle of the blades (my opinion based on nothing) although the groundwork was laid. At the beginning of January they were all going to that big charity dinner in Toronto, as well as Craig of course, and Jamie talked about her and David going. You don't do either of those things if you are trying to separate yourself from your spouse and not be seen together or talked about together as a pair. Then suddenly David wasn't going and my bet is the deal was sealed in Toronto when both she and Simpson were in town alone. Probably had started but was really cemented.

Good luck Craig with three angry teenagers who are most likely hurt and protective of their mother and a toddler to boot. i don't believe the pregnancy bit but if it's true, poor Craig. Actually I don't feel sorry for him. Didn't he used to have a wonderful reputation in the community?

You are inferring an awful lot from these events. None of us have any idea what went on in private, unless of course those who were involved want to tell us. So it makes me a bit uncomfortable to hear, essentially, well, she said this, and then he did this, and that must mean that this happened. Because it might mean something else entirely.

MacMadame
06-20-2010, 04:43 AM
If you continuously flirt, have lunch, dinner, drinks, discuss work problems, share jokes, buy gifts for and share intimate issues with someone other than your spouse with your special friend then it is emotionally cheating.
Even if your "special" friend is the same gender as you are? A lot of women I know have a close woman friend that they confide in. I don't consider that emotional cheating at all.

I think for it to be *cheating* there has to be sex involved in some way even if it's just a sexual attraction that isn't acted upon. Otherwise, it's just having a close friend who isn't your spouse and I see nothing wrong with that. Not everyone thinks you have to be best friends with your spouse to have a good (and faithful) marriage.

Natasha Miller
06-20-2010, 04:55 AM
There is a lot of talk of "affair" with Craig Simpson here. Is it pretty much a known thing? Or pure gossip/speculation? If it's not true, it's a pretty terrible accusation.

Mayra
06-20-2010, 05:06 AM
I think if women kept their mouths closed, and men kept their pants zipped, we would have a lot more families sticking together.

One could argue the opposite would work in keeping families together just as well. :P :grope:

hongligl
06-20-2010, 05:14 AM
IMO, this might be a good thing if they no longer in love, only that I feel for David. Poor thing, it must feel terrible if the rumor of pregnancy is real. I believe that a broken marriage is always the result of the behavious of both parties. First of all, in their case it appears that it got off wrong in the first place. David was married (and likely happily as he used to greeting his family in the K&C) when he first paired with Jamie. Then they got romanticly related off-ice, no way to know who initiated, but at least, both of them has something to be blamed, a married man, and a woman knowing that the object of interest being married. See some resembleness of current situation, only this time a separated woman). Secondly, I'm under the impression that David did not threat Jamie as a equal, a beloved partner. This impression came from the treasure hunt of the ring. If I get it correctly, when a man truely admires a woman and wants to marry her he would treat her like a goddess and feels honoured if she says "yes". David, in contrast, made Jamie followed a series of hints to get her ring as a Christmas gift. WTH? What puzzled me when I read that news was that Jamie was overwhelmed with joy! If I were her I would be really annoyed. Maybe it's just me, lack the sense of humor to appreciate of deed. It seems that the ground of their marriage was not solid nor leveled, and it is not surprising that it collapsed later. The last part I would like to mention is that Jamie appears not so nice to David, and tried to show she was the better portion of the pair which would not help a relationship normally. I remember when they were commentators during the olympics this year, Jamie made comments of this nature at least twice when they watch Chinese pairs did their throws and twist. I can't remember the exact word, but it was like "Oh, no offense, David, I wish I could experience that kind of excitement" and "Oh, David, Can you ever do a twist(or maybe a throw, can't remember for sure now) like that?" Poor David responded like "no comment". Let's forget about arguing who was a better skilled partner between the two of them, just think about what kind of wife would try to humiliate her husband on national TV, and possibily for the whole World to hear it? Not a smart move if she had any trace amount of desire to keep the marriage.
Anyways, it's just unfair for the kid/kids being draged into such a mess. May the kids be blessed and unhurt.

hongligl
06-20-2010, 05:19 AM
One could argue the opposite would work in keeping families together just as well. :P :grope:

Very good imaginations:)

RD
06-20-2010, 05:31 AM
^^ might possibly explain why he seemed so unhappy in his interviews, particularly when he did the stint for Universal Sports during the GP.

maggylyn
06-20-2010, 05:47 AM
I feel for David. Poor thing,
...Poor David...

I'm sorry, this just strikes me so funny.

:rofl: :rofl:

The Observer
06-20-2010, 07:45 AM
People develop reputations based on many things. TV interviews are just the tip of the iceberg. Jamie's reputation as an arrogant, self-centered woman who doesn't concern herself with other people's feelings, was earned over a decade. When you behave a certain way toward fellow skaters, TV crews, rink employees, event organizers and your husband (as well as other people's husbands - flirting so openly it makes people uncomfortable) - PEOPLE TALK. Skating world is very small. Nothing remains hidden. You won't hear a bad word about Kristi and Michelle because there is nothing bad to say about them. Don't blame the messengers in this case ;)

Which married men did Jamie flirt with? Other married figure skaters who were on tour with her? Has she ever flirted with John Zimmerman, I wonder?

I must admit he would be kind of tempting. :grope:

Japanfan
06-20-2010, 10:09 AM
The last part I would like to mention is that Jamie appears not so nice to David, and tried to show she was the better portion of the pair which would not help a relationship normally. I remember when they were commentators during the olympics this year, Jamie made comments of this nature at least twice when they watch Chinese pairs did their throws and twist. I can't remember the exact word, but it was like "Oh, no offense, David, I wish I could experience that kind of excitement" and "Oh, David, Can you ever do a twist(or maybe a throw, can't remember for sure now) like that?" Poor David responded like "no comment". Let's forget about arguing who was a better skilled partner between the two of them, just think about what kind of wife would try to humiliate her husband on national TV, and possibily for the whole World to hear it? Not a smart move if she had any trace amount of desire to keep the marriage.

She was talking about Howe Zhang. After commenting on the power of his lift she said that she had been lifted by him and it was "exciting - he got me up there so fast". And then she said "I wish Dave (or you) could lift me like that". Dave was totally flummoxed and I think all he said was "What?" in a very confused fashion.

It's easy to understand that Jamie might find Zhang's lifts more exciting than David's, but yeah, it was totally inappropriate comment, regardless of whether or not they were a couple off the ice at the time. Though I will admit that I did find it interesting.

It wasn't spoken with malice or negative judgment - just one of those 'oops' moments that are made much the worse if one is a television commentator.

DickButtonFan
06-20-2010, 02:01 PM
She was talking about Howe Zhang. After commenting on the power of his lift she said that she had been lifted by him and it was "exciting - he got me up there so fast". And then she said "I wish Dave (or you) could lift me like that". Dave was totally flummoxed and I think all he said was "What?" in a very confused fashion.

It's easy to understand that Jamie might find Zhang's lifts more exciting than David's, but yeah, it was totally inappropriate comment, regardless of whether or not they were a couple off the ice at the time. Though I will admit that I did find it interesting.

It wasn't spoken with malice or negative judgment - just one of those 'oops' moments that are made much the worse if one is a television commentator.
She made comments like this for thin ice. I really think she was just joking it was funny.

VIETgrlTerifa
06-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Um, how is advocating for strong marriages being in the '50s? :confused: As for women keeping their mouths closed, I thought it was simply a reference to how nearly everyone in this thread keeps griping about Jamie saying obnoxious things.

How is it a strong marriage when the statement basically reads that it's always better to stay married and all it takes is for women to keep their mouths shut and men to keep their pants zipped? This basically ignores the fact that those actions are usually rooted in some deep underlying problems that may cause individuals to act in ways that sabotage their relationship. It is a totally outdated mentality to think that it's always better to stay in a marriage and that it's as simple as a woman shutting her mouth and a man to stay physically faithful when most problems in marriage are much deeper than that.

And no, saying that women need to keep their mouth shut was not a simple reference to Jamie saying obnoxious things. It was a social commentary on marriages in general. Anyway, the root of the problem, that some people have, is Jamie's behavior and attitude that makes her say those obnoxious things, so her keeping her mouth shut wouldn't really help in that regard. Anyway, Jamie's marriage didn't dissolve solely on her saying "obnoxious things."

Skateushka
06-21-2010, 12:22 AM
Which married men did Jamie flirt with? Other married figure skaters who were on tour with her? Has she ever flirted with John Zimmerman, I wonder?

I must admit he would be kind of tempting. :grope:

Hope not, what would John Zimmerman see in her??? poor guy.

The Observer
06-21-2010, 08:04 AM
Hope not, what would John Zimmerman see in her??? poor guy.

I wasn't saying that John Z would like Jamie, I was just wondering if he is one of the men she has tried to flirt with since someone said above that Jamie is known for flirting with married men on tour.

Perky Shae Lynn
06-21-2010, 12:42 PM
someone said above that Jamie is known for flirting with married men on tour.Flirting with married men doesn't mean flirting with married men ON TOUR. ;)