PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Prancer
06-07-2010, 02:42 AM
I've been reading this thread, and I'm starting to feel that I'm watching Dr. Phil right now

:scream:

At least pick someone who is actually licensed to practice.

mmscfdcsu
06-07-2010, 02:43 AM

Amen! Not a very low brow "entertainment" figure. :scream::scream:

Rex
06-07-2010, 02:46 AM
North Pole North Pole!!

Oh................my............

Prancer
06-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Oh................my............

Oh, your?

Really, Rex? :eek:

fsfann
06-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Man...this thread is out of control.

Two people are parting ways. Yes, it sucks...yes there are lots of rumours...but it's none of our business in the first place. These are grown adults who have made choices and decisions.

Let them move on in peace without all of this innuendo and feeding of the rumour mill. :dog:

overedge
06-07-2010, 03:21 AM

He is....as a jury selection consultant :P

mmscfdcsu
06-07-2010, 03:27 AM
He is....as a jury selection consultant :P

http://everydaypsychology.com/2008/01/is-dr-phil-actually-psychologist.html
http://www.bloggernews.net/113435

Rex
06-07-2010, 03:31 AM
Oh, your?

Really, Rex? :eek: I'm speechless, for a change.

Man...this thread is out of control.

Two people are parting ways. Yes, it sucks...yes there are lots of rumours...but it's none of our business in the first place. These are grown adults who have made choices and decisions.

Let them move on in peace without all of this innuendo and feeding of the rumour mill. :dog:

This is not going to stop people from talking about them, you know :shuffle:.

Iceman
06-07-2010, 04:21 AM
I noticed David's hair is beginning to look moth eaten in front. Could Jamie be responsible?:lol:

The Observer
06-07-2010, 05:01 AM
Our whole society has radically changed since the sexual revolution. We no longer live in a traditional marriage society anymore. That is why it was silly when some people tried to oppose same-sex marriage as being against traditional relationships.

Heterosexual relationships today have totally changed - it was not gay couples who changed the marriage institution, it was opposite sex couples.

People today live together outside of marriage and have children outside of marriage very frequently. Just look at how often we now see it with figure skaters too.

Ozzisk8tr
06-07-2010, 05:26 AM
I noticed David's hair is beginning to look moth eaten in front. Could Jamie be responsible?:lol:

Jamie is now a moth? Well I suppose if she's been many other animals (cow, dog, snake, etc) it sort of makes sense. Frankly, I don't really have any opinion on the divorce either way as I'm not in that relationship with them. If I was however, Jamie would not be invited into the bedroom with David and I.

Pratfall
06-07-2010, 05:27 AM
:rolleyes: " Move along...Nothing to see here.."

*Jen*
06-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Jamie is now a moth? Well I suppose if she's been many other animals (cow, dog, snake, etc) it sort of makes sense. Frankly, I don't really have any opinion on the divorce either way as I'm not in that relationship with them. If I was however, Jamie would not be invited into the bedroom with David and I.

Unsurprising, given that you're not into women ;)

Ozzisk8tr
06-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Unsurprising, given that you're not into women ;)

Snap! You win. :P

Japanfan
06-07-2010, 08:10 AM
Here's what baffles me: when you live in a world of celebrity, have a certain degree of wealth, and are surrounded by beautiful people, you witness those beautiful people constantly fooling around and getting divorced.

I can understand the allure of being a wealthy beautiful person surrounded by beautiful people. There would be far more desirable coupling opportunities than there is for 'ordinary' folk. But why pronounce 'till death do us part'? Are Jamie and David, and others like them, really so naive as to believe it when they pronounce it - believe they'll beat the odds?

I'll add that my one experience of divorce was so devastating that I'm not sure I could survive another. So I can't really fathom how David and Jamie can continue to skate together and touch each other. It makes me wonder whether their husband and wife union was in fact purely superficial.

If even one party was wounded in the divorce it should be difficult for that one to skate with the other - seems emotionally logical. 18 months is not a long a time and if a person is working to attain closure on a relationship that ended, the physical and emotional contact required by pairs skating could make that really difficult.

Though perhaps being part of the exclusive club of wealthy and beautiful people makes breaking up easier than it is for us 'average' people.