PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Natasha Miller
06-06-2010, 03:49 AM
Anton is the head of the Duma's Sports Committee. He's pretty high-profile in Russia - a promising politician at the moment. He was expected to challenge Alexander Gorshkov for the head of RFSF. Gorshkov was just elected. Lots of DRAMAS going on, but that's a story for a different thread.

If Steven left Russia, that would be a fairly recent development. He was definitely living in St.Pete after Elena gave birth to their second child; Steven mom was there for a while too, helping with the baby. But you never know. It'd be a shame if they spit. For all the oddities of it, their relationship appeared to me as a very genuine one.

Missflick - supposedly, Steven & Kristina were separated for month when E & S got together. But with all the overlapping marriage/separation/divorce/new relationship patterns that are so prevalent in the skating community, the truth is only known to the participants.

Wyliefan
06-06-2010, 03:50 AM
Divorcing celebrities always ask for privacy. (Sorry to be flippant, but just once I'd like to see one ask for publicity, just for variety's sake!)

ArtisticFan
06-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm puzzled why they anounced it publicly if they asked for privacy.

It is called damage control. Once reporters and editors decide to do a story, they are going to do it with or without a statement from the couple in question. By making a statement (usually written), Jamie and David are probably hoping to avoid having to give a tell all interview at this point. They confirm it to the reporter(s) and hope to go on with their lives.

Think Sandra Bullock. Her publicist was the one to hear that a reporter was working on a story about Jesse cheating with the stripper. Sandra staying quiet didn't make the story go away. Once reporters have confirmation of divorce, weddings, babies, affairs, etc. it is a done deal. The story is coming out. Statements are usually just a way of the article's subject saying, "Yes, it is true. Now shut up about it."

Judy
06-06-2010, 03:51 AM
I'm puzzled why they anounced it publicly if they asked for privacy.

Because they've filed for divorce and better to come out first and give your fans and the media before it was made public. It was the only thing they could do.

I suspect they are both going through a difficult time. Even when a divorce is wanted by both people it is very difficult.

As for staying together for the child .. the child will be just fine. Stable and happy parents are the important things.

I suspect that if cheating is involved that the skating partnership will eventually sour. It's too bad because they really were a great pairs team.

As for Tessa .. she is what 20? 21? That is quite an age difference but I doubt you will see her getting married anytime soon. As for him I'm sure he has no interest in a 3rd marriage. Hopefully he cleans up his act.

Screenie
06-06-2010, 04:00 AM
So I'm the only one envious of Tessa? :-)

DarkEyes
06-06-2010, 04:05 AM
And David was with Sasha!? :lol: Honestly, it doesn't surprise me... She reminds me a little of Jamie in terms of arrogance and "diva-ness". :yikes:

David was with Sasha Cohen too? Anyone have more info on this??

Sabrine Tornston
06-06-2010, 04:15 AM
So I'm the only one envious of Tessa? :-)
YES :scream:

michiruwater
06-06-2010, 04:50 AM
I thought Sasha was with Todd at one point, not David... am I mixing up my older male skaters?

ros01
06-06-2010, 05:02 AM
I almost hate to bring this back to skating... but do Sale and Pelletier have any scheduled appearances in the near future? (apologies if this was asked upthread and I missed it) I would hope not for a while, since the scrutiny would probably be unbearable. (Look! She smiled at him! He looks like he doesn't want to lift her! etc.)

There are pairs who have broken up romantically and kept skating, at least for a while, so they may be able to manage it a bit. I don't know of any divorced pairs who kept skating, though I may just be blanking.

shallwedansu
06-06-2010, 05:08 AM
I almost hate to bring this back to skating... but do Sale and Pelletier have any scheduled appearances in the near future?
All That Skate Summer 2010, July 23-25, Korea (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73792)

Prancer
06-06-2010, 05:14 AM
There are pairs who have broken up romantically and kept skating, at least for a while, so they may be able to manage it a bit. I don't know of any divorced pairs who kept skating, though I may just be blanking.

Bechke and Petrov, but they seemed to be fairly friendly, and both said their relationship actually improved after their divorce.

And if Jaime and David have been separated for a year and a half, they've already been skating for a while after breaking up.

DickButtonFan
06-06-2010, 05:45 AM
I thought Sasha was with Todd at one point, not David... am I mixing up my older male skaters?

Elderedge?

inflameduntamed
06-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Elderedge?

:lol:

Lanie
06-06-2010, 06:10 AM
I think you're getting them mixed up. Haha. The rumors were definitely about her and Pelletier, which I find hard to believe, the same with Tessa, but we'll see... :shuffle:

The Observer
06-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Yes that's exactly what my post says. Had a fling with Kariya that broke up her relationship with Pelletier. Then got back together with Pelletier and married him.

You're right that a couple doesn't have to be married in order for cheating to occur. If a couple was in a long-term, exclusive relationship and one of them has a fling with someone else, that is obviously cheating too.

But do you know for a fact that this relationship between Sale and Kariya actually happened, or was it just a rumor? Did Pelletier confront them?