PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

canbelto
06-05-2010, 11:06 PM
Well good luck Tessa is all I can say.:( If both people are mature, a big age difference can absolutely work out. But it will be harder. For one, they are at really different phases in their lives -- one is twice-divorced with a kid, another is very young and in college.

Catherine M
06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
I'm laughing at some of the posts here making David out to be the bad guy in all of this. While it's true he's a total cad, Jamie cheated on him several years ago with NHLer Paul Kariya while on the SOI tour. S&P broke up for awhile because of it, but eventually got back together and then got engaged/married.

I remember hearing about Jamie's cheating back before they got married and then wondered why the two of them bothered to get married after all that had gone down over the years. Just seemed like a mess waiting to happen.

Hopefully they'll be able to co-parent Jesse without too much baggage.

The Observer
06-05-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm laughing at some of the posts here making David out to be the bad guy in all of this. While it's true he's a total cad, Jamie cheated on him several years ago with NHLer Paul Kariya while on the SOI tour. S&P broke up for awhile because of it, but eventually got back together and then got engaged/married.

There have also been rumours floating around Edmonton the past few months that she has broken up Craig Simpson's marriage and is dating him now.

Has this been verified? You just state it like it's a fact. I'm not saying it's not true, since you probably know what you are talking about, I'm just surprised.

So they both have cheated on each other then?

*Jen*
06-05-2010, 11:32 PM
Has this been verified? You just state it like it's a fact. I'm not saying it's not true, since you probably know what you are talking about, I'm just surprised.

No, and it was in fact categorically denied by the S&P site back when it happened. So who knows?

The only real fact here is that they've decided to divorce. Everything else is speculation.

stjeaskategym
06-05-2010, 11:40 PM
The phrase "once a cheater, always a cheater" often proves to be true. We don't know for sure if that's what happened, but it would make sense given the history.

Lets keep something in mind. The Jamie we saw on TV in 2002 is the same woman David had to live with. The drama, the whining, the "I am perfect and you are not" attitude. It's ok in a fantasy dating situation, but in a marriage it doesn't work so well.

:lol: Watching them through the years, I did find both Jamie and David to be more arrogant and whiny than normal. Maybe that did cause them to clash at times, but that would be no excuse to cheat (if that's indeed what happened). And David was with Sasha!? :lol: Honestly, it doesn't surprise me... She reminds me a little of Jamie in terms of arrogance and "diva-ness". :yikes:

As for Virtue and Pelletier, I still don't get what a 20 year old girl would see in a guy 15 years older who has been married twice and has a two year old child, but that's just me.

I'm sure there are people who get in relationships simply because they are physically attracted to each other and couldn't care less about past history (ie still married or past marriage problems). I'm sure her fans would know a lot more about Tessa than I would, but who knows what her morals/beliefs are and what she values in a relationship. I, personally, would steer clear of what seems like a bad situation, but I know everyone is different.

I don't get it too.
To me 10-15 age difference for couples looks ideal.

The 15 yr age difference would make more sense if the two people are at similar points in their lives and are both good people. But red flags go up when a guy leaves his first wife for another woman and then leaves his second wife barely a year after his first child is born. David may be a charming guy, but that doesn't mean he's a good guy. And then there's the issue of whether their schedules mesh-- Tessa is supposedly still training, competing, and is enrolled in school, and David has a rather different set of commitments, including his own travel schedule for work and most importantly, a very young child. It's very weird to me, but they of course can do what they want.

IceJunkie
06-05-2010, 11:51 PM

Paul Kariya? I never heard that. :eek:

TalentedButHumble
06-05-2010, 11:59 PM
What a tone of bitterness and extreme dislike in some of these posts - the smug self-congratulations (We were right! And there's MORE!) and the treating of sad personal business like it’s a spectator sport.

On ... Aunt Joyce's Ice Cream Stand, he confirmed it's Tessa several times... Even said David was sitting with Tessa's family at the Olympics
Wow, once at a cheesefest I sat next Matt Savoie’s and Tim Goebel’s moms. Thanks, Dave Lease, for letting me know that means I MUST have been having an affair with both their kids. :P

overedge
06-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Wow, once at a cheesefest I sat next Matt Savoie’s and Tim Goebel’s moms. Thanks, Dave Lease, for letting me know that means I MUST have been having an affair with both their kids. :P

You two-timing SLORE!!! :P

bardtoob
06-06-2010, 12:08 AM
What I noticed from that article was:
"Later, Pelletier separated from his wife as he and Salé became a couple."

He's done it before, and apparently he's done it again. Not a admirable trait.

Okay so she could not have possibily thought he was beyond doing something like this and she approved the

behavior before so she should not be pittied.

euterpe
06-06-2010, 12:19 AM

S/P weren't married at the time.

There have also been rumours floating around Edmonton the past few months that she has broken up Craig Simpson's marriage and is dating him now.

She did that before--took up with Pelletier when he was married to wife #1.

As for Virtue and Pelletier, I still don't get what a 20 year old girl would see in a guy 15 years older who has been married twice and has a two year old child, but that's just me.

That's me, too.

The Observer
06-06-2010, 12:20 AM
No, and it was in fact categorically denied by the S&P site back when it happened. So who knows?

The only real fact here is that they've decided to divorce. Everything else is speculation.

Well it makes sense based on their history that they would deny it since they haven't exactly been very upfront about anything else, so I'm not sure I believe them.

Still, as I said above, unless there is confirmation of it somewhere, we can't take the word of rumors either.

i love to skate
06-06-2010, 12:41 AM
It's quite possible that the Tessa/David relationship (if true) is just a casual fling/relationship and not a serious long term relationship. They would see each other at skating competitions and what not and perhaps that suits them just fine.

I don't find it weird that a 20 year old woman would be attracted to an older, successful, charming man, nor do I find it weird that a 35 year old man would be attracted to a successful, beautiful, young woman! Lots of girls in their late teens/early twenties date men that are quite a few years older than them.

Rafter
06-06-2010, 12:43 AM
S/P weren't married at the time.

Yes that's exactly what my post says. Had a fling with Kariya that broke up her relationship with Pelletier. Then got back together with Pelletier and married him. What is your point?

smurfy
06-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Whether or not it is true, Tessa & David - why would she be interested, to me...
-he is attractive
-he has a sense of humor, from the little I have seen in interviews
-a skater/oly gold medalist - he might understand all the stuff she has been through in winning the gold medal.
just a thought.

numbers123
06-06-2010, 01:02 AM
It has to be hard to have a positive relationship while in a fish bowl of a tour/tour bus/tour cities with cast mates. Your happy, sad, mad, extremely angry times are shared with everyone you work with, eat with, travel with...

You need to be working together as a pairs team because it is who you are, rarely are you referred to as just Jamie or just David. It is always S/P not individuals.

Whether or not they were separated for anytime before another woman or man enters the scene, quick jumping into another relationship doesn't allow someone to really know themselves as individuals. And I would hope that all parties think about what jumping into a relationship would mean. But then that is just me.