PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Judy
06-05-2010, 08:28 PM
JMO but if you date a married man and get him to leave his wife for you, you should be prepared that he could turn around an let another woman take him from you. That's why you shouldn't date married men. They obviously have commitment problems. Not always but many times. And Karma is a bigger beyotch than Jamie Sale. If they've been separated for 18 months I see nothing wrong in Tessa dating Dave but she should beware of history repeating. Keep those eyes open Tessa.

You're assuming a lot though. We all have no idea of the condition of David's first marriage when he was paired up with Jamie.

He has never been my favourite and it would surprise me if he fools around but I doubt we'll never know the whole story either. It's private and between them.

blademate
06-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Guys, seriously, Tessa is WAY too good to get into such a relationship. And how would any almost ex-wife go on a Stars On Ice Tour with both the ex AND the much younger other woman? The ex, maybe, but both? How that could work I just don't see it. It just doesn't add up with this situation specifically.

Q: How did the almost ex-wife go on a Stars On Ice Tour with both the ex AND the much younger other woman??

A: She put in a request for a separate tour bus :sekret:

susan6
06-05-2010, 08:31 PM
I don't get it too.
To me 10-15 age difference for couples looks ideal.

Spoken like a woman in her 20's.

pani
06-05-2010, 08:49 PM

And what difference must be between patners?

oakl0008
06-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Q: How did the almost ex-wife go on a Stars On Ice Tour with both the ex AND the much younger other woman??

A: She put in a request for a separate tour bus :sekret:

LOL thanks for this blademate. :lol:

Hope you don't mind. I pm'd you. :)

REO
06-05-2010, 08:55 PM
You're assuming a lot though. We all have no idea of the condition of David's first marriage when he was paired up with Jamie.

He has never been my favourite and it would surprise me if he fools around but I doubt we'll never know the whole story either. It's private and between them.

Very true and sometimes these things work out great. It's just that it sets a precedent. It didn't work out this time for whatever reasons. Sad for the baby.

Sabrine Tornston
06-05-2010, 08:59 PM
So are you saying S&P were the media's golden couple because it was in the interest of the media to have a popular sports couple that they could portray as perfect? Are those the "many reasons"?
Can't speak for Perky, but to me the reasons are quiet obvious. Canadian pairs didn't have the level of success everyone had hoped for... for many years. The evil Russians kept winning. Finally, here they were - legitimate gold medal candidates, Canada's pride & joy. So might as well portray them as "perfect" no? Perfect smiles, perfect hair, and a perfect relationship. :wall: I was embarrassed by how the North American media fawned over Jamie & David before, during and after the Olympics. Never the less, this is a sad (albeit expected) news. I really feel for their little boy.

Fashionista
06-05-2010, 08:59 PM

Spoken like a woman who has a long lasting relationship with a man who's 25 years older than her.

The Observer
06-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Obviously relationships with big age differences can work, but usually it's not a good idea for a 20 year old and a 35 year old to get together. It's usually more for the temporary fun of it than for a life relationship.

Anyway, we don't really know for sure who is with who anyway.

my little pony
06-05-2010, 10:02 PM
. Karma is a bigger beyotch than Jamie Sale.

this should be someone's siggy or rep level

reese
06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
I feel like a lot of people are ignoring the motivating factor that will keep Jamie/David skating together-- $$$! They're a package deal. They can't make anywhere near the same amount of money separately; they need to appear in performances and tours together. Sure, they can quit skating professionally and go into coaching, but they must think there's still money to be made by skating together. Although considering the ice cold death stares they've been giving each other in all recent exhibitions and interviews, who knows how well that will go or how interested Canadian fans will continue to be.

RD
06-05-2010, 10:28 PM
I feel like a lot of people are ignoring the motivating factor that will keep Jamie/David skating together-- $$$! They're a package deal. They can't make anywhere near the same amount of money separately; they need to appear in performances and tours together. Sure, they can quit skating professionally and go into coaching, but they must think there's still money to be made by skating together. Although considering the ice cold death stares they've been giving each other in all recent exhibitions and interviews, who knows how well that will go or how interested Canadian fans will continue to be.

I think you kind of covered it in your post- sure, they can make $ skating together but if a lack of chemistry between them in their performances causes audiences to become increasingly bored with them, then eventually that avenue will dry up, too...(I think???)

Rafter
06-05-2010, 10:48 PM
I'm laughing at some of the posts here making David out to be the bad guy in all of this. While it's true he's a total cad, Jamie cheated on him several years ago with NHLer Paul Kariya while on the SOI tour. S&P broke up for awhile because of it, but eventually got back together and then got engaged/married.

There have also been rumours floating around Edmonton the past few months that she has broken up Craig Simpson's marriage and is dating him now.

As for Virtue and Pelletier, I still don't get what a 20 year old girl would see in a guy 15 years older who has been married twice and has a two year old child, but that's just me.

skatemommy
06-05-2010, 11:01 PM
The Canadian media is a much kinder gentler organization than the hounds here in the US. American's like nothing more than their stars to fall after they are on a pedestal. This isn't going to play out well that Canada's golden couples are each other's downfall - so to speak. I love my northern neighbors and really don't want to see this media circus that we too often expect here in the US. PS. Anyone commenting on Jamie's looks can kiss my grits. You obviously haven't raised a baby/toddler and even begin to know the toll it takes. :mad:

cammelia
06-05-2010, 11:05 PM
And there is Celine Dion and her husband manager Renee Angelil.