PDA

View Full Version : Olympic gold medallists Sale, Pelletier divorce

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

bobalina77
06-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Again...the details that I read from very good sources that I mentioned in my other post that it was an extramarital relationship specifically. TIME magazine mentioned in 2002, that he and Jamie fell in love...then David divorced his wife, and in that order, with no mention of them being separated first. And that would have been clarified if that were the case. Time is a mainstream source. These things happen, but I would like to think this is very strong evidence that this is allegedly not a one time incident.

Hope you had fun respoding to my posts while remaining almost silent during the Tessa rumours. You have a good day too.

I think i love to skate's point is that we don't know for a fact that it was an extra marital affair THIS TIME that was the issue in this marriage. It's rumoured.. yes.. but not a fact. If they have been seperated for 18 months it's not unreasonable to think that David and Tessa got together after the seperation.

Therefore since there is only one confirmed case of an extramarital affair it can't be considered a habit.

They've never had an overly solid relationship anyway.

oakl0008
06-05-2010, 06:38 PM
I mean divorce in 2010 - you talk you know, that it was extramarital relationship

My post that you responded to was one that I was talking about how Jamie and David got together in 2002. I'm just responding like everyone else is on thsi forum. Never said I know anything, just what I read, like everyone else on this site.

HisWeirness
06-05-2010, 06:40 PM
Interesting, guys, somebody know, why David was last year at CoR with accreditation from USA? FSU know all about skaters - could you explane this? I was wonder to see him in Moscow, but more wonder to see him with accredidation from USA
David was a correspondent for NBC/Universal Sports' television broadcast of Rostelecom Cup in the USA.

During his post-performance interview with David Pelletier of NBC Sports, Plushenko remarked that he was very pleased to have skated a "good performance" but not surprised because he had performed well at another (local St. Petersburg) competition several weeks ago.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2323530/evgeni_plushenko_triumphs_in_2009_moscow_pg2.html? cat=14

i love to skate
06-05-2010, 06:44 PM
I think i love to skate's point is that we don't know for a fact that it was an extra marital affair THIS TIME that was the issue in this marriage. It's rumoured.. yes.. but not a fact. If they have been seperated for 18 months it's not unreasonable to think that David and Tessa got together after the seperation.

Therefore since there is only one confirmed case of an extramarital affair it can't be considered a habit.

They've never had an overly solid relationship anyway.

Yes, thank you! I was beginning to think that I was not making any sense at all :lol:

Perky Shae Lynn
06-05-2010, 06:45 PM
The worst kept secret in skating is finally out. S&P were Canadian media's golden children for many reasons; and if some biographical "details" had to be tweaked to better fit the fairytale on ice story, so be it. Unfortunately for both Jamie & David, people don't really change.

Lets keep something in mind. The Jamie we saw on TV in 2002 is the same woman David had to live with. The drama, the whining, the "I am perfect and you are not" attitude. It's ok in a fantasy dating situation, but in a marriage it doesn't work so well.

oakl0008
06-05-2010, 06:56 PM
The worst kept secret in skating is finally out. S&P were Canadian media's golden children for many reasons; and if some biographical "details" had to be tweaked to better fit the fairytale on ice story, so be it. Unfortunately for both Jamie & David, people don't really change.

Lets keep something in mind. The Jamie we saw on TV in 2002 is the same woman David had to live with. The drama, the whining, the "I am perfect and you are not" attitude. It's ok in a fantasy dating situation, but in a marriage it doesn't work so well.

True, but I thought, in 2002 and on, that they fit well together because Pelletier had the same arrogant attitude from just listening to the guy talk, lol.

overedge
06-05-2010, 07:07 PM
AGAIN, it's well documented that David was married when he and Jamie got together....I have read it in TIME magaizine back in 2002...and there was a few unnofficial biographies that alluded to this as well. So again, it didn't happen once.

TIME magazine is probably more reliable than, say, the National Enquirer. But TIME is not a sports magazine. And every four years there are non-sports mainstream magazines that jump all over the Olympics, and bring in writers with little or no sports background to cover the events - and who misunderstand and/or get things wrong as a result. So the fact that TIME magazine said this is no proof of anything IMHO.

Also, it has been "well documented" that David was married when he and Jamie started *skating together*. When they actually got together as a romantic couple, and whether he was still married at the time, seems to depend on who is telling the story.

The Observer
06-05-2010, 07:32 PM
he's supposedly also been with Jessica Dube in that time (IIRC from :sekret: he's the real reason she and Bryce broke up...)

If it's true that David has been with all of these women, would that make him the Canadian Tiger Woods?

Is he supposed to be good in bed or something? Is that why so many of these women want him?

cammelia
06-05-2010, 07:33 PM
With all this talk about David dating Miss Virtue, maybe its not Miss Virtue that he is dating in that family.

Mevrouw
06-05-2010, 07:38 PM
Toronto Star article today (http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/819342--figure-skaters-david-pelletier-and-jamie-sale-getting-divorce)

The couple had been living apart for 18 months in Edmonton, Alta., where they will continue to reside and share custody of their son, who turns 3 in September.

Globe and Mail article today: (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/sale-and-pelletier-announce-divorce/article1592846/)
[/I]Sale and Pelletier were married Dec. 30, 2005...........Sale and Pelletier have a son, Jesse, born in 2007.

Sun media article today (http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2010/06/04/14269551.html)
Separated for some time but looking like they were back together around Christmas and early in the New Year to people close to them, Sale & Pelletier looked to be a couple again as they carried Olympic flame together during the torch relay prior to the Vancouver Olympic Winter Games.

According to people close to them their marriage hit the rocks again at the Olympics with little likelihood of reconciliation from that point.

Why would they keep skating together? How else could they make such a very good living?

pani
06-05-2010, 07:41 PM
With all this talk about David dating Miss Virtue, maybe its not Miss Virtue that he is dating in that family.

Did he is dating with Tessas mom? :lol:

The Observer
06-05-2010, 07:44 PM

So are you saying S&P were the media's golden couple because it was in the interest of the media to have a popular sports couple that they could portray as perfect? Are those the "many reasons"?

And like a lot of people, I agree that Jamie's attitude in 2002 where she said "the whole world knew we were the best" was very smug and self-centered. But unless you were there in the marriage, how do you know what she was like at home?

judgejudy27
06-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Tessa is definitely way too good for David. She's young with a lot in front of her; he's 35 with a kid and two divorces.

Sorry if that sounds mean, but I've always gotten a kind of narcissistic vibe from him. He also has a bit of a temper and could be cruel to Jamie in difficult moments, only to apologize later for losing control.

I couldnt agree more. She can do WAY better.

mysticchic
06-05-2010, 08:01 PM
Maybe they both got tired of each other.

REO
06-05-2010, 08:05 PM
JMO but if you date a married man and get him to leave his wife for you, you should be prepared that he could turn around an let another woman take him from you. That's why you shouldn't date married men. They obviously have commitment problems. Not always but many times. And Karma is a bigger beyotch than Jamie Sale. If they've been separated for 18 months I see nothing wrong in Tessa dating Dave but she should beware of history repeating. Keep those eyes open Tessa.