PDA

View Full Version : Lambiel to Choreograph for Takahashi

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

reut
06-04-2010, 03:52 PM
Also, I think he choreographed his EX to "Ne me quitte pas" himself. (Oh I love that so much!)

No, it was choreographed with Salomé (http://www.absoluteskating.com/interviews/2009salomebrunner1.html).

Brandi_DeLain
06-04-2010, 04:05 PM
Two of my absolute favorites working together. :cheer2: I can't wait to see the result. :smokin:

ros01
06-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Jackie, that's very interesting. And certainly sounds promising! I hope it's a great collaboration. They're certainly both outstanding spinners, so I bet there'll be something really great in that department!

maija
06-04-2010, 05:44 PM
Really interesting!!! :D

Ziggy
06-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Stéphane has usually the programmes ready in his head and works on the details with Salome. She tells him if something looks good or bad and what needs to be bigger and what smaller etc.

Thanks, that has put me at rest. Especially considering that he's still gonna have Miyamoto on his team to smooth the programs out.

I have immense respect for Lambiel as a skater but as it's the first time he's going to be choreographing, I was a bit worried about Takahashi taking such a risk.

choreographer:)
06-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Using multiple choreographers really helps skaters grow. I thought Dai's programs last year were by far the best in the field. I felt he should have won the short at the Olympics!

I can't say enough about Pasquale Camerlengo. He is an extremely creative and versatile choreographer!

He is also an amazing and kind human being!

Dai is an exquisite instrument and will do anyone's work justice!

Jackie Sparrow
06-07-2010, 07:16 PM
Daisuke is working this week with Pasquale here in Switzerland already. Next week with Stéphane.

kwanfan1818
06-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Using multiple choreographers really helps skaters grow. I thought Dai's programs last year were by far the best in the field. I felt he should have won the short at the Olympics!

!

It was one of the greatest performances I've ever seen live. I hope he can equal it this season in another great program.

museksk8r
06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
I felt he (Dai) should have won the short at the Olympics!

I feel the same way. It was a complete injustice for him to be placed behind Lysacek, who did comparable jump content. As for being behind Plushenko, Takahashi didn't attempt a 4toe+3toe combination, but everything else he did was far and away better than what Plushenko and Lysacek offered, and I would have given him the SP win. It was as if the judges were penalizing his scores for being out of commission in the 2009 season and for not having the resume of Evgeny and Evan and propping up the scores of Lysacek for being reigning World and GPF champ and of Plushenko for being reigning Olympic champ. Regardless of what anyone says, I think reputation and resume still weigh heavily in figure skating judging. I wonder too how much of Dai's scoring had to do with the fact that he had a very inconsistent GP season (4th at NHK Trophy, 2nd at Skate Canada, 5th at the Final).

mmot
06-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I feel the same way. It was a complete injustice for him to be placed behind Lysacek, who did comparable jump content. As for being behind Plushenko, Takahashi didn't attempt a 4toe+3toe combination, but everything else he did was far and away better than what Plushenko and Lysacek offered, and I would have given him the SP win. It was as if the judges were penalizing his scores for being out of commission in the 2009 season and for not having the resume of Evgeny and Evan and propping up the scores of Lysacek for being reigning World and GPF champ and of Plushenko for being reigning Olympic champ. Regardless of what anyone says, I think reputation and resume still weigh heavily in figure skating judging.

Daisuke says he was glad to be in the 3rd place after the short - the difference between the top three's scores were negligible anyway, and he thought he could've been under more pressure if he had been placed at the top. One may never know what works for others!

Tony Wheeler
06-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Daisuke is working this week with Pasquale here in Switzerland already. Next week with Stéphane.

He worked with Pasquale on his free skate in Detroit last week, and it's my understanding that while the original plan may have been for Takahashi to follow him back to Switzerland this week, he won't arrive until next week to start his short program with Stephane. He's not there yet.

Jackie Sparrow
06-07-2010, 08:36 PM
I see. I heard he'd arrive next Sunday but yesterday people from the rink where he'll skate told me he'd be coming with Pasquale.
As long as he'll be here when Stephane's here :D

Sparks
06-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Maybe Stephane will get Dai to spin like a Swiss guy! :swoon:

The Observer
06-07-2010, 10:31 PM
I want to see Takahashi beat Chan again next year. :)

dinakt
06-07-2010, 11:07 PM
It is wonderful news. Most of all, kudos for Takahashi for willingness to gamble- with World Championship in Japan I am sure next year is very important to him.
It is great that Stephane wants to try to choreograph for others and DT is giving him a chance to start with the elite.
I guess it is also good news that they start early enough that if it does not work, there'll be other options.