PDA

View Full Version : Lambiel to Choreograph for Takahashi

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

lameiotis
06-03-2010, 11:38 PM
The way I feel is that Daisuke is now in charge - he seems to have enough confidence in himself to try something new....
For me it looks like this process started already when he has choosen Miyamoto as choreographer. Great that Dai continues for the upcoming season on this path.

And don't forget - Miyamoto was a new choreographer with experience of only a year or so, and no international reputation, when Daisuke decided to work with him (though they have been good friends for a number of years, and he had choreographed Daisuke's exhibition number for 07/08 season, which was received very well). Fans were very worried then.
My thoughts went in the direction: it will be interesting to see the "end-product" but honnestly had not a lot of expectations. Given to this I was pleased to discover that Dais new programs has become a "fresh air". I felt like Dai has grown as an artistic skater and still was strong on the technical side too! Hope this might continue with his new choreographers :D.

BittyBug
06-04-2010, 02:08 AM
I remember the shock and delight I felt when I first saw Daisuke's 07/08 season exhibition piece. It was so different, fresh and exciting!Was that the Bjork piece? I love that program.

ioana
06-04-2010, 02:10 AM
I remember Daisuke from his Morozov'ed days and being worried he'd never manage to find his own style once he left him as a coach and choreographer. The end result was so good, I was very happy to be proven wrong. By this stage of his career, I'm sure Daisuke knows what's best for him -and what's more important.

NinjaTurtles
06-04-2010, 02:27 AM
:swoon: I've died and gone to voidy heaven. PUMPED about next season!

Aussie Willy
06-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Stephane is one of the few skaters who actually understand about nuances and phrasing in the music. Takahashi is one of the others. Together I think they will be a magical combination.

The only other person who I think could do something great for Takahashi would be Browning. Now that is another choreographer/skater combination I would love to see.

ros01
06-04-2010, 02:37 AM
Wow! I adore Stephane, but I have no idea how much choreography in his programs is his and how much is Salome Brunner's. So I wonder if Takahashi is working exclusively with Stephane on that particular program. I've always wondered why more people didn't go to Brunner -- it may be partly her choice, though, as she's mentioned she didn't feel good about working with too many people competing against each other.

Aussie Willy
06-04-2010, 03:38 AM
Wow! I adore Stephane, but I have no idea how much choreography in his programs is his and how much is Salome Brunner's.
No matter how much choreography a choreographer can give a skater, the skater has to be able to take it, use it and demonstrate they understand it. And more importantly make it make sense!

Dr.Siouxs
06-04-2010, 04:07 AM
:eek: Just read this and :watch::watch::watch:

ros01
06-04-2010, 05:52 AM
No matter how much choreography a choreographer can give a skater, the skater has to be able to take it, use it and demonstrate they understand it. And more importantly make it make sense!

Of course. But that isn't the same as being able to come up with original choreography that suits someone else! He may well be brilliant at it -- but I have no idea. Has he ever choreographed any of his own programs? Or for someone else?

casken
06-04-2010, 06:43 AM

I agree. Stephane has enough of his own artistic viewpoint that he can enhance whatever choreography is thrown at him without losing the original intent of the choreographer. I'm sure a good amount of the ideas come from just the way he likes to move across the ice and express himself. Most of his LPs would be rather ordinary if another skater did them.

Dai is very similar in that way to Stephane, so that's why I'm so excited about this. In the documentary the was posted in another thread, Brunner says that she and Stephane construct the programs together rather than her just choreographing them for him like she used to, so I'm sure after all those years Stephane knows how to build a program.

Aussie Willy
06-04-2010, 07:13 AM
Of course. But that isn't the same as being able to come up with original choreography that suits someone else! He may well be brilliant at it -- but I have no idea. Has he ever choreographed any of his own programs? Or for someone else?
Many senior skaters help younger ones as they still compete themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if Stephane has been working with young skaters for quite a while now.

But totally agree with what Casken said too. Stephane and Dai are a match made in heaven. Because Stephane has the perfect play thing to experiment with. No good skater can pull off choreography if they don't feel comfortable with it. But rather they mould what they are given and put their own stamp on it.

Jackie Sparrow
06-04-2010, 07:44 AM
Stéphane has usually the programmes ready in his head and works on the details with Salome. She tells him if something looks good or bad and what needs to be bigger and what smaller etc.

casken
06-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Because Stephane has the perfect play thing to experiment with.
:lol:

Well based on photographic evidence Stephane does seem particularly handsy and prone to
:grope: anything that moves, so yes that sounds about right.

Kaede48
06-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Wow, great great news! I can't wait to see what they come up with!
re Stephane's experience: I think he used to improvise a lot to put together the programs, he definitely had an impact on how his programs looked like. Also, I think he choreographed his EX to "Ne me quitte pas" himself. (Oh I love that so much!)

mmot
06-04-2010, 12:44 PM
The only other person who I think could do something great for Takahashi would be Browning. Now that is another choreographer/skater combination I would love to see.

Kurt is one of the choreographers Daisuke listed as someone he would like to work with, in the interview after the Worlds. So let's keep fingers crossed and see how things turn out in the future!