PDA

View Full Version : Lambiel to Choreograph for Takahashi

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

VIETgrlTerifa
06-03-2010, 07:29 PM
But how much control do choreographers really have when it comes to ensuring that a skater's elements and skills are up to COP-standard? Isn't that more the job of the coach and skater himself/herself? The choreographers are there to package the elements a certain way and to give the skater a good vehicle, ultimately, a skater and coach have the final decision on the elements are done, right?

Kati
06-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Great news, two of my favorite skaters working together!

briancoogaert
06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
WOW, that's unreal !
I can't wait !

igniculus
06-03-2010, 08:00 PM
:swoon: *orgasming* :swoon:

care bear
06-03-2010, 08:04 PM
I meant she's a safe choice because she mass produces standard CoP friendly programs and this is what the judges want to see. There will be changes of the rules again. Stephane is not an established choreographer and I have no idea what will come out of this. But I guess it's just a try. Funny, they were fellow competitors and direct rivals just a few months ago. It's great they are able to work on something together. That's sports spirit.
I agree with you and think that Lambiel should try to work as a choreographer, it could be very interesting!

shine
06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Lambiel's LP at Vancouver was rather on the boring and the ordinary side, so I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Have you seen this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEIEgcoH7Mc&playnext_from=TL&videos=XivTPV95RWI)? Even if you find the program boring, I dont' think it can be denied that he has had one of the most impressive body of works throughout the decade. Loved the earlier Tango program too, I thought it was ground breaking as far as men's skating goes. But I've grown to love La Traviata very much.

Anyway, I really look forward to seeing this combination. I also love that Stéphane is venturing into choreography. Not surprising, he's such an artist at heart.

Finnice
06-03-2010, 08:47 PM
:swoon: *orgasming* :swoon:

:rofl: dear!

But it promises good:swoon:good!

lily
06-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Lambiel's LP at Vancouver was rather on the boring and the ordinary side, so I wouldn't get too excited yet.

Can I have for comparison an example of "not boring" program?

Tony Wheeler
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I'm fairly certain the choreographer of the other short program for Takahashi is indeed going to be Shae-Lynn Bourne, if Daisuke sticks with his original plan of having two choreographed.

Ziggy
06-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I am not sure what to think about it.

Both Miyamoto and Camerlengo have created great work for him last season and I don't understand why he didn't stick to them.

Lambiel is an amazing skater but we don't know yet how he'll turn out as a choreographer. As for Shae-Lynn, I guess she's managed to produced some decent work, but I'd still prefer Miyamoto or Camerlengo to her.

ChibiChibi
06-03-2010, 10:35 PM
I am not sure what to think about it.

Both Miyamoto and Camerlengo have created great work for him last season and I don't understand why he didn't stick to them.

Lambiel is an amazing skater but we don't know yet how he'll turn out as a choreographer. As for Shae-Lynn, I guess she's managed to produced some decent work, but I'd still prefer Miyamoto or Camerlengo to her.

He is currently in Detroit and working with Camerlengo for his new LP. I think Miyamoto will still work with Daisuke as one of the Team Takahashi members.

Ziggy
06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks a lot for the info ChibiChibi.

I liked what Camerlengo did for his FS last season.

Good to hear Miyamoto will still have some input, maybe refine the programs a bit and help him on the basics. :)

mmot
06-03-2010, 10:42 PM
The way I feel is that Daisuke is now in charge - he seems to have enough confidence in himself to try something new, something different, something he likes - rather than relying on his track record / tried-and-tested, or even thinking only how to win the world title again next year.

He has mentioned in a few interviews that Stephane is his favourite skater and loves the way he uses his upper body, and also how much he admires Shae-Lynn as a skater. So I guess he chose these two simply because he likes them and believe he can learn something from them - something which makes him closer to the skater he wants to be.

Perhaps he knows he's got only a few years left in his career as a competitive skater and wants to try as many different styles and choreographers as possible. Probably he is confident that he can make any programme work as a competition programme. Maybe he simply enjoys that now he can choose choreographers more freely as his coach is not a choreographer herself.

And don't forget - Miyamoto was a new choreographer with experience of only a year or so, and no international reputation, when Daisuke decided to work with him (though they have been good friends for a number of years, and he had choreographed Daisuke's exhibition number for 07/08 season, which was received very well). Fans were very worried then.

elanor
06-03-2010, 11:21 PM
The way I feel is that Daisuke is now in charge - he seems to have enough confidence in himself to try something new, something different, something he likes - rather than relying on his track record / tried-and-tested, or even thinking only how to win the world title again next year.

He has mentioned in a few interviews that Stephane is his favourite skater and loves the way he uses his upper body, and also how much he admires Shae-Lynn as a skater. So I guess he chose these two simply because he likes them and believe he can learn something from them - something which makes him closer to the skater he wants to be.

Perhaps he knows he's got only a few years left in his career as a competitive skater and wants to try as many different styles and choreographers as possible. Probably he is confident that he can make any programme work as a competition programme. Maybe he simply enjoys that now he can choose choreographers more freely as his coach is not a choreographer herself.

And don't forget - Miyamoto was a new choreographer with experience of only a year or so, and no international reputation, when Daisuke decided to work with him (though they have been good friends for a number of years, and he had choreographed Daisuke's exhibition number for 07/08 season, which was received very well). Fans were very worried then.

You are probably right. He had injuries and coaching issues and big pressure for results. The competition in Japan is fierce. Maybe it's his last season and he just wants to make the most of it for himself. It's not that he needs to worry about his PCs.

I liked the most the programs Miyamoto did for him. It felt so well integrated with his personality and style, especially the exhibitions. He should go for what he feels works for him, not what is expected.

mmot
06-03-2010, 11:34 PM
eleanor... me too! I love Miyamoto's choreography - not only Daisuke's but also some others he's done for other Japanese skaters.

I remember the shock and delight I felt when I first saw Daisuke's 07/08 season exhibition piece. It was so different, fresh and exciting!