PDA

View Full Version : Miley Cyrus: I Hate Pop Music and Musicals

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

overedge
06-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Well, thank goodness for this. Now we'll never have to hear her gravelly out of tune howling in a Broadway show (I hope).

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/miley-cyrus-confesses-she-hates-pop-music-and-musicals/story-e6frexk9-1225875074734

ChelleC
06-03-2010, 01:55 PM
So she hates her own music?

Satellitegirl
06-03-2010, 01:56 PM
It's unfortunate that Miley thinks people care what she likes.

oleada
06-03-2010, 01:59 PM
If she hates it so much, why doesn't she stop making it and torturing us with it?!

Jot the Dot Dot
06-03-2010, 02:45 PM
So I guess she won't be attending "Achy Breaky Heart: The Musical"

Stormy
06-03-2010, 03:08 PM
It's unfortunate that Miley thinks people care what she likes.

Grown ups don't. 8-13 year olds do.

michiruwater
06-03-2010, 03:19 PM
So, basically, Cyrus is majorly insecure about what she does.

Beefcake
06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Yeh, I get that FSUers and dozens of bloggers have a special vintage venom reserved for this young lady. e.g. anything about her voice, her father, and alleged smoking (proven to be false, btw).

But I recommend reading the piece before slamming her for words that overedge embellishes in a headline. The girl just says she doesn't listen to pop music, and doesn't "get" musicals.

What the hell? :eek: A 17 year-old who doesn't "get" musicals! Stop the presses ... or burn her at the stake! Something. This is skandal.

BelleBway
06-03-2010, 03:40 PM
Grown ups don't. 8-13 year olds do.

Do they? My nieces love Hannah Montana (I lost 2 hrs of my life when they put her concert on when I was babysitting once :shuffle:) but I doubt they care about whether Miley likes musicals. And they certainly don't read online interviews of her. But maybe they are exceptions, I dunno.

my little pony
06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
burn her at the stake! [I]Something.

if you insist :angryfire

cruisin
06-03-2010, 04:44 PM
At the end of the article, where she describes the relationship between real life and the musical genre, she presents a very telling example. "What if this was real life and I was just walking down the street on Rodeo Drive..." this is not a girl who is in touch with real life in any way.

I think her statements were to make it sound like she's far more sophisticated than she is. I doubt she's turning away any of the money she's making off of those trite pop songs she sings. :rolleyes: Why doesn't she get, that it's this sort of crap that comes out of her mouth that make it so hard for people not to think she's an annoying brat?

VIETgrlTerifa
06-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Like I said in the Glee thread, I just don't understand anybody who refuses to open their mind up regarding musicals. It's really another form of artistic expression for playwrights and filmakers. Anyway, what was Hannah Montana other than a knock-off of I Love Lucy type of slapstick? Oh yeah, a musical. Just because she has her songs set in "concert" or a "studio" doesn't make it any different.

cruisin
06-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Like I said in the Glee thread, I just don't understand anybody who refuses to open their mind up regarding musicals. It's really another form of artistic expression for playwrights and filmakers. Anyway, what was Hannah Montana other than a knock-off of I Love Lucy type of slapstick? Oh yeah, a musical. Just because she has her songs set in "concert" or a "studio" doesn't make it any difference.

Exactly!

BTW, just watched the last few minutes of The View. They had Kristin Chenoweth and Sean Hayes on. They are doing a revival of "Promises, Promises" on broadway. They did "I'll Never Fall in Love Again" on the show. AWESOME! Burt Bacharach, right?

BTW#2 - Sean Hayes is up for a Tony and will be hosting the Tonys this year. Loved him in Will and Grace, but even more now! He is so talented.
Kristin Chenoweth - just goes without saying - Brilliant!

Bostonfan
06-03-2010, 09:17 PM
I wish she wouldn't use the names of singers in the lyrics of songs SHE sings and puts out for public consumption, and then be completely ignorant of their work. I heard her doing a radio interview and the D.J. mentioned "Party in the USA" song and asked her what her favorite Jay-Z song was. A fairly reasonable question when you consider the song has the following lyrics:

and a Jay Z song was on
and the Jay Z song was on

So her response in the interview? "I don't really care for his music. I don't know his stuff at all".

What a drip!

bobalina77
06-03-2010, 11:22 PM
I wish she wouldn't use the names of singers in the lyrics of songs SHE sings and puts out for public consumption, and then be completely ignorant of their work. I heard her doing a radio interview and the D.J. mentioned "Party in the USA" song and asked her what her favorite Jay-Z song was. A fairly reasonable question when you consider the song has the following lyrics:

and a Jay Z song was on

So her response in the interview? "I don't really care for his music. I don't know his stuff at all".

What a drip!

So she's basically admitting that she's a fake. Interesting. I bet she doesn't listen to Britney either :eek: