PDA

View Full Version : Joran van der Sloot wanted in another murder

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

LynnW
06-15-2010, 12:43 AM
And how does this work? Aruba tells Peru send him here, forget about your murder, finding the body here in Aruba is more important? Is Aruba that screwed up that they would even think about this?

I think the way it works is that Joran would first be tried and sentenced (assuming he is found guilty) in Peru, then the two countries would attempt to make a deal so that Joran would serve his time in Aruba. I think he is trying to make it worth Arbuba's time to want to work a deal with Peru.

nerdycool
06-15-2010, 12:54 AM
The sad part is, Holloway's location aside, Peru's prisons are severely overcrowded, so it's possible they could entertain the idea of extradition.

uyeahu
06-15-2010, 12:58 AM
Perhaps if the victims father weren't a politician and celebrity they would consider extradition, but unfortunately for Joran that's not the case. Too many Peruvians have an interest in seeing him prosecuted in Peru and serving time in Peru. There is irony for him in being on the other side of political favoritism/prejudice this time around. It worked to his benefit before and now it will be to his detriment.

loopey
06-15-2010, 06:06 AM
There is irony for him in being on the other side of political favoritism/prejudice this time around. It worked to his benefit before and now it will be to his detriment.So true!

This whole thing kind of reminds me OJ Simpson. I thought he got away with murdering his ex-wife, but his personality just led him to other crimes, and ended with him in jail anyway. Maybe Peru is Joran's Vegas.

skatemommy
06-19-2010, 10:05 PM
Now it is obvious both of his parents are enablers:

In the e-mail, Anita says her son is "not a murderer" and instead suggests he is being set up.

"He is not the monster they like the world to see," the e-mail reads. "He is traumatized, depressed and has an addiction. He is not a murderer. It stinks and feels like a big trap set up for him."

Trap like he rented his own room and security cameras caught him going in with the girl and leaving alone? Mommy dearest is obviously as delusional as her devil spawn son.:rolleyes:

Kasey
06-19-2010, 11:29 PM
"He is not the monster they like the world to see," the e-mail reads. "He is traumatized, depressed and has an addiction. He is not a murderer. It stinks and feels like a big trap set up for him."

Of course he has an addiction. He's addicted to killing people.

I'm crying a river that this beast is now afraid of going to the Peruvian prison for fear he'll be killed. Karma is a big, fat, smelly b*tch, Joran. Enjoy.

nerdycool
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
He retracted his confession (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100621/ap_on_re_eu/eu_netherlands_van_der_sloot)

De Telegraaf said the 22-year-old Dutchman claims he only signed papers admitting killing Stephany Flores because he was intimidated by police and had been promised he would be transferred to the Netherlands if he confessed.

"I was tricked," the paper quoted Van der Sloot as saying of Flores' killing. "I'll explain later how it all happened."

Color me unsurprised.

It could be possible that he didn't know what he was signing. But then he goes on to give a run down of how he did it. And how is he going to explain how it all happened if he didn't do it?

skatemommy
06-21-2010, 08:02 PM
This is exactly what this punk wanted...to be in the news again. Playing cat and mouse with the officials, the media and the family. I hope the Peruvians charge him with lying as well. :mad:

NancyNC
06-21-2010, 09:46 PM
The piece of crap is now recanting his story and saying that there was a robber in the room. Gee...why didn't we see the robber on the videotape?:rolleyes:

Apparently the "robber" has access to the only known Cloak of Invisibility outside of the world of Harry Potter. :rolleyes:

emason
06-22-2010, 01:16 AM
This whole thing kind of reminds me OJ Simpson. I thought he got away with murdering his ex-wife, but his personality just led him to other crimes, and ended with him in jail anyway. Maybe Peru is Joran's Vegas.

I see him as another narcissistic Robert Chambers myself (complete with over-indulgent momma).

uyeahu
06-22-2010, 08:04 AM
I was watching a special on the Natalee Holloway case over the weekend and they were saying something about Joran being diagnosed as a sociopath but I didn't catch the whole story on that. Does anyone know if he was evaluated and that was an official diagnosis or was that just some talking head spouting off without ever having spoken to him? He certainly seems to exhibit some sociopathic behavior but what do I know. Now his mom is saying he's sick in the head and was supposed to leave for psychiatric treatment in the Netherlands when he ran off to Peru instead. But it's the media scrutiny that's made him sick in the head - he's innocent!

Gazpacho
06-22-2010, 02:52 PM
I was watching a special on the Natalee Holloway case over the weekend and they were saying something about Joran being diagnosed as a sociopath but I didn't catch the whole story on that. Does anyone know if he was evaluated and that was an official diagnosis or was that just some talking head spouting off without ever having spoken to him? He certainly seems to exhibit some sociopathic behavior but what do I know. Now his mom is saying he's sick in the head and was supposed to leave for psychiatric treatment in the Netherlands when he ran off to Peru instead. But it's the media scrutiny that's made him sick in the head - he's innocent!I doubt there was an official "diagnosis". Sociopathy is not a mental illness the way depression, ADHD, or schizophrenia are. It represents a combination of personality and behavioral traits. This combination, because it is relatively rare and poses a problem for the individual's ability to function in society and for those around him (overwhelmingly male), is listed in the DSM used by psychologists and psychiatrists. The official term is "antisocial personality". The term is misleading because it's not just a personality but rather a combination of personality and certain behavioral patterns.

This is a controversial DSM entry, though, as it's unclear whether it belongs in the manual to begin with, as it's not a clinical condition.

In addition, the majority of people with antisocial personality are not violent. They do things like lie and steal and commit fraud, but they're not murderers.

StonewshMullet
06-23-2010, 12:00 AM
Apparently the future looks bright ... for anyone not named van der Sloot.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/06/19/earlyshow/saturday/main6597757.shtml