PDA

View Full Version : Joran van der Sloot wanted in another murder

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Gazpacho
06-11-2010, 08:28 PM
This makes me wonder, how many other victims are there?

Today's post-confession reports say that Joran may have murdered Stephany because he caught her reading information about the Aruba case on his computer. This makes me wonder if there is even the remotest possibilitythat Stephany was working as an informant for police or even FBI or CIA. [FBI was hot on Joran's trail for the recent extortion of $250,000 for info on the Aruba case.] I know that it's not likely but the crazy thought crossed my mind. Regardless, she did not deserve what happened to her. This Joran is sicko loco monster.Police doubt (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100611/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/van_der_sloot) that he killed her for that reason. But then again, he lies so much that even when he's telling the truth, you have to think it's a lie.

Also, what connection does reading about the Aruba case have with being an informant? If she were an informant, she would have stolen that laptop and been followed by police making sure she was okay. If the story is true, then she probably met this guy and wanted to find out some more about him and searched for his name....

Statements like this always grate my nerves! Mother's do not plan for their children to be murders, true! But to assume she is not "normal". Let me say that this forum talks at length about mental illness and its quite apparent that Joran has some issues that very likely were not recognized and if they were maybe the parents were at a loss to what to do. :confused: Did you read WindSpirit's post correctly? WindSpirit said that s/he feels bad for the mother precisely because she assumes that the mother is "normal". The father, I'm not so sure....

orbitz
06-11-2010, 08:41 PM
They are transporting him with a bullet proof vest on. Take aim at his forehead.

Well I happen to think it's a good thing that when someone decides to shoot you then don't usually aim for a person's head.

gkelly
06-11-2010, 09:05 PM
That's what I think every time I see a prisoner wearing a bullet proof vest. Not that I wish them dead per se, but more along the lines of, "if someone really wanted to shoot Prisoner X, a bullet proof vest really won't stop them. It'll be more of a challenge, but it can be done."

But more risk of missing and hitting one of the guards instead.

Anita18
06-12-2010, 01:23 AM
I just read an article on CNN that says he is saying he will tell them (Aruban police, not the Peruvian police) more about Natalee and where her body is as well as what happened. I know it is very easy to say "yeah yeah yeah" and roll your eyes but then I had a thought. What if he realizes the only way he may be able to catch a break is to tell the truth about Natalee, the REAL truth. If there is any chance her body was buried somewhere, he may tell the truth to save his own ass in some way. Of course, I suspect he dumped her body in the ocean and they will never be able to know if he is telling the truth. That would kind of be ironic if he finally wants to be honest but no one believes him because of how much he has cried wolf.
He's already way past catching any breaks once he was arrested AGAIN for murder. :shuffle:

skatemommy
06-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Yep, he is asking for extradition to Aruba in exchange for "telling where Natalie's remains are". I hope he rots in hell in Peru.

orbitz
06-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Is Aruba's law more lenient?

I don't see why the Peruvian police would want to make any deal with JVDS regarding Aruba. He is arrested for a murder he committed in Peru and therefore will be tried in Peru. I understand Natalie's family and friends would want to know, but I just don't see any deals being made on this by the Peruvian authorities.

skatemommy
06-13-2010, 11:42 PM
The piece of crap is now recanting his story and saying that there was a robber in the room. Gee...why didn't we see the robber on the videotape?:rolleyes:

nerdycool
06-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Is Aruba's law more lenient?I'm not sure if it is or not, but the prison is probably a lot more alluring to him in Aruba. This (http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/11/joran-van-der-sloot-to-face-worst-of-the-worst-in-prison-if-convicted/) description of what he might face in Peru paints a very bleak outlook should he be convicted.

agalisgv
06-14-2010, 12:01 AM
The 22-year-old, long suspected of murdering the Alabama high school student in 2005, is telling authorities in Lima that he'll give them the location of her body, if they transfer him to an Aruban prison, according to Radio Netherlands Worldwide.

Van der Sloot is reportedly offering the info because he fears for his life.

"I don't want to be imprisoned in Peru," he told police, according to Peru's El Comercio. "I am afraid I will be killed." http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/2010/06/13/2010-06-13_joran_van_der_sloot_send_me_to_aruba_and_ill_te ll_you_location_of_natalee_hollow.html#ixzz0qmEaM9 cD

Considering his dad was a judge in Aruba, I would assume he has personal ties to many in the judiciary. That could very well result in leniency.

Lacey
06-14-2010, 01:46 AM
First, I hope above all that his confession was obtained in a legal manner, and not coerced in any way that it might be rescinded if that is an issue in Peru.

Secondly, I read somewhere (sorry cannot quote) that perhaps he will get a lesser sentence than the ridiculous 35 years if he is convicted of murder because he confessed, let's say half as much, perhaps only 17 years. Outrageous.

Thirdly, does anyone else think that the guy wants to go to Aruba to tell or show everyone where Natalie is buried because he possibly thinks he could somehow escape there?

uyeahu
06-14-2010, 05:12 AM
No. I just think he's smart enough to realize his chances of survival are much higher in Aruba than in Peru and he's grasping at straws. It seems the Peruvians have enough evidence to convince a judging panel with or without a confession. Video of the both going in, and only he coming out. Most folks would find that pretty convincing and the story of a burglar pretty weak since he fled the scene without reporting it.

Gazpacho
06-14-2010, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure if it is or not, but the prison is probably a lot more alluring to him in Aruba. This (http://larrykinglive.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/11/joran-van-der-sloot-to-face-worst-of-the-worst-in-prison-if-convicted/) description of what he might face in Peru paints a very bleak outlook should he be convicted.This (http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19910101&slug=1258374) is an old article from about 20 years ago. It mentions that 80% of the inmates have not actually been convicted but are awaiting trial, some for more than 8 years!

I don't know how much that has changed, but based on this (http://www.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/320/7228/173) article by a Médecins Sans Frontières doctor, it's still extremely hellish.

It seriously is scary If anyone is not there for life, then they'll surely be released and be even more violent than before.

ETA: In this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Hj2845Fi4) recent documentary on Lurigancho, it says the average time for prisoners awaiting trial is 4 years! :mad:

Rob
06-14-2010, 04:04 PM
The piece of crap is now recanting his story and saying that there was a robber in the room. Gee...why didn't we see the robber on the videotape?:rolleyes:

I read that was what he tried at first when they picked him up in Chile. He gave the Chilean police a story about 2 robbers, probably hoping they'd release him. He confessed to the murder when he got back to Peru and has not recanted as far as I have read. He is just trying to give info about Holloway in exchange for Aruban prison instead of Peruvian prison. I suppose Natalee's family might have religious reasons to want to claim her remains, but if it were my daughter (I am not religious), I would say "nah, nevermind, you can stay in Peruvian jail." Sounds like a far worse punishment.

Gazpacho
06-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Joran was on a Dutch show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyZEM7ECohs), and he got pissed at the reporter and threw a glass of wine in his face. I can totally see how he would lose it and become violent toward a girl who pisses him off.

I think that impulsiveness also explains why he confesses and then retracts. He can't control what he says or does, and then he looks back and is like, oh shit. Very very dangerous person.

loopey
06-15-2010, 12:35 AM
He is just trying to give info about Holloway in exchange for Aruban prison instead of Peruvian prison.
And how does this work? Aruba tells Peru send him here, forget about your murder, finding the body here in Aruba is more important? Is Aruba that screwed up that they would even think about this?

I suppose Natalee's family might have religious reasons to want to claim her remains, but if it were my daughter (I am not religious), I would say "nah, nevermind, you can stay in Peruvian jail." Sounds like a far worse punishment.I think there are very few religions that actually need the remains for spiritual reasons. More like the family might want closure.

How about if Aruba sinks to Joran's level and makes the deal, recovers Natalee and then leaves him in Peru. Ha - the jokes on you.

If Aruba even thinks about bringing him back thinking they may get a location of remains they are nuts. JMO.