PDA

View Full Version : Joran van der Sloot wanted in another murder

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

pollyanna
06-04-2010, 03:03 PM
Does Peru have the death penalty?

They don't. He could be sentenced to 20, 30, 50, 100 years, but no death penalty in Peru.

IceAlisa
06-04-2010, 05:35 PM
If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.

Thanks.

nyrak
06-04-2010, 07:57 PM
If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.

They were seen leaving a club together and driving away in a car together....she was never seen again. He kept changing his story. She's never been found, there was no concrete evidence other than eye witness accounts of them leaving together. He kept changing his story as to what exactly happened. His father was a judge in Aruba, there was accusations of a coverup.

StonewshMullet
06-04-2010, 08:48 PM
They don't. He could be sentenced to 20, 30, 50, 100 years, but no death penalty in Peru.

Something tells me death would be preferrable to 20+ years in a Peruvian jail.

ArtisticFan
06-04-2010, 09:54 PM
They were seen leaving a club together and driving away in a car together....she was never seen again. He kept changing his story. She's never been found, there was no concrete evidence other than eye witness accounts of them leaving together. He kept changing his story as to what exactly happened. His father was a judge in Aruba, there was accusations of a coverup.

Unfortunately with the Natalee case that lack of concrete evidence was his saving grace for a few years. His story changing, talking to random people and getting filmed, etc. did him no favors, but still did not provide concrete evidence of what exactly happened.

Whatever his father did or didn't do to cover things up will probably be debated until the end of time. But the truth is that this guy probably executed the perfect crime - through luck not planning - and got away with it. It looks like he went back to the well one too many times though. It will be interesting to see what comes of this case.

liv
06-04-2010, 10:00 PM
Something tells me death would be preferrable to 20+ years in a Peruvian jail.

So true....I'd guess

HOw creepy that it was exactly 5 years...

Gazpacho
06-05-2010, 03:01 AM
If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.I think it's because they never found the body, no? I don't know about Aruba, but in the US it's rare to prosecute someone for murder without a body or other physical remains (e.g., unexplainable victim blood found on the suspect). It might not even be legal in all states. The parents of Etan Patz fought, successfully, to have him legally declared dead after more than 20 years so they could charge the guy heavily suspected of killing him.

numbers123
06-05-2010, 03:09 AM
Ugh! How sick can he be?!?! I wonder what his parents are feeling now?

???
Probably as most parents - can't believe that their child would/could do something like this. Or are you saying this because of some connection to his not being charged in the Natalie Hollaway's case? or what. As a parent you really don't or can't believe that your child has done something so hienous.

Gazpacho
06-05-2010, 03:37 AM
Ugh! How sick can he be?!?! I wonder what his parents are feeling now? I believe his father has died.

I don't fault parents at all for being in denial that their kids could do something like this.

BigB08822
06-05-2010, 03:50 AM
I believe his father has died.

I don't fault parents at all for being in denial that their kids could do something like this.

No, but I could fault his father for covering up for him as many people alleged he did since he was a Judge in Aruba, right?

attyfan
06-05-2010, 08:24 PM
No, but I could fault his father for covering up for him as many people alleged he did since he was a Judge in Aruba, right?

I have heard a lot of talk, but is there any proof that the dad actually did anything? The authorities may have behaved differently because they knew the suspect's father could hire the lawyers and experts necessary to tear their case to shreds, rather than because the father did anything improper.

StonewshMullet
06-05-2010, 09:37 PM
I was vacationing in Aruba during the last round of Halloway circus. I remember sitting next to a reporter on the plane and he was pretty lubricated at that point and got pretty lippy. When the horrid movie started (High School Musical) he pulled out a couple of bottles of mini-vodka and started venting that the kids father made damn sure that everyone would leave empty handed including the investigators. I remember the locals were terrified and refused to talk about the Halloway story.

nyrak
06-06-2010, 12:32 AM
I remember Mr. van der Sloot senior saying something to the effect of "No body, no case". Why hasn't she been found? If you believe Joran's story(ies), she died accidentily (IIRC there were many ever changing stories about how it happened)....unexpectedly....not premeditated....how would/could a teenage boy hide a body so well it hasn't been found in over 5 years....and may never be.

orbitz
06-06-2010, 03:59 AM
I remember Mr. van der Sloot senior saying something to the effect of "No body, no case". Why hasn't she been found? If you believe Joran's story(ies), she died accidentily (IIRC there were many ever changing stories about how it happened)....unexpectedly....not premeditated....how would/could a teenage boy hide a body so well it hasn't been found in over 5 years....and may never be.

Her body was most likely dumped into the ocean and then eaten by fishes, sharks, etc.

skatemommy
06-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Her body was most likely dumped into the ocean and then eaten by fishes, sharks, etc.

I read somewhere that several cage like traps used for fishing were missing in that area right after she went missing...the kind you weight down used for catching crabs or lobster.