PDA

View Full Version : Joran van der Sloot wanted in another murder

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

skatemommy
06-03-2010, 01:07 PM
I hope this rich little brat gets everything coming to him and then some. He can't be too bright, the hotel room was registered in his name. I read he might be in Argentina. Hopefully he will use his credit card and they find him instantly.

BigB08822
06-03-2010, 03:10 PM
As the rule of the universe goes, what goes around...comes around.

His day was coming and hopefully it has arrived!

I'm sure the family of the murdered girl is singing karma's praises. :rolleyes:

Rob
06-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Sounds like they have a witness who saw them entering his room. Too bad his day came at the expense of another young woman and her family.

Her cousin is saying that he talked with her about the Holloway case just a month ago. She had seen a special on it. I guess she didn't realize who he was.

Peru is saying they have international arrest warrant. Chile is saying they haven't received a warrant - they have just been asked to locate him. I hope he doesn't manage to slip away.

Civic
06-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I cannot believe anyone would go out with this guy. It's not like they didn't know what happened before...
I wouldn't know Joran van der Sloot if I tripped over him. Once a previous poster mentioned Natalee Holloway I remembered who he was. But I still couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

Garden Kitty
06-03-2010, 06:28 PM
CNN is saying they apprehended him in Chile.

ETA: Here's an article on MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37492667/ns/world_news-americas/)

skatingfan5
06-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Good.

milanessa
06-03-2010, 06:38 PM

ETA: Here's an article on MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37492667/ns/world_news-americas/)

Good.

NancyNC
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM

Good!!! :mad:

danceronice
06-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Does Peru have the death penalty? Maybe if they do he can plea-bargain for life in prison by telling what really happened to Natalie. (Then again, not having seen a Peruvian prison, possibly he'd prefer death.)

Garden Kitty
06-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Does Peru have the death penalty? Maybe if they do he can plea-bargain for life in prison by telling what really happened to Natalie. (Then again, not having seen a Peruvian prison, possibly he'd prefer death.)

I don't think they do, although there was some talk a few years ago about reintroducing one, IIRC.

silverstars
06-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I cannot believe anyone would go out with this guy. It's not like they didn't know what happened before. I know he was never convicted, but the evidence is pretty scary. He is on tape saying that he buried Natalee's body, (although he said she fell over dead from being drunk). Why even take a chance on him?

The girl would have been 16 and in Peru when it happened, so it's highly unlikely that she followed the Holloway case closely. I was 15 and in the US when Natalee disappeared, and there is no way I'd ever have recognized this guy.

I'm glad that they caught him. I hope that he gets what he deserves--he certainly hasn't been acting like an innocent man.

Gazpacho
06-03-2010, 08:35 PM
:( :mad:

If anything good comes of this awful situation, it's that the Holloway family may finally get some answers if he spills the beans, and the other suspects in the Holloway case, if they are innocent, can get their names cleared.

ebayj
06-04-2010, 03:43 AM

It is unlikely he would face the death penalty -

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/peru-and-death-penalty-could-joran-van-der-sloot-be-executed-2624602.html

But he might wish they had it, given he would be culturally considered a child killer, which in US prisons occupies the absolute bottom rung in terms of status. He couldn't be housed with their general population - they would probably kill him just as soon as look at him.

IceAlisa
06-04-2010, 06:25 AM
Please bring me up to speed: was there a lot of good evidence that he killed that American girl? And if so, how did he get off?

orbitz
06-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Please bring me up to speed: was there a lot of good evidence that he killed that American girl? And if so, how did he get off?

If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.