PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Star Trek series

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Really
06-03-2010, 05:38 AM
TNG, all the way. I also loved all the movies too.

reckless
06-03-2010, 06:19 AM
I'm not surprised that I'm the only one who thinks DS9 is the best series. I thought the acting was the best overall and I can't think of any episodes from any other series that were better than The Visitor, Far Beyond the Stars, Duet, Whispers, In the Pale Moonlight, Hard Time, and Trials and Tribbleations. (I would put Inner Light and Best of Both Worlds from TNG on a similar level.) I think DS9 turned off a lot of viewers because it moved so dramatically from the Star Trek formula.

allyx82
06-03-2010, 07:42 AM
I love TNG only because it was the first ones I saw.. but I also love TOS too.. And I love the new movie too .... Spock was hot in both of them lol

Karen-W
06-03-2010, 08:02 AM
TNG is my fave but DS9 would be a close second. I think if I were to ever watch DS9 in its entirety in a marathon viewing sometime it might surpass TNG. Alas, I'd have to rent the DVDs because I doubt it'll wind up in syndication anytime soon.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
06-03-2010, 08:36 AM
I'm not surprised that I'm the only one who thinks DS9 is the best series.

You're not the only one. I posted upthread that I think so. :D

Evilynn
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
TNG all the way. With Voyager a close second. I'd actually like to re-watch Voyager again, I've rewatched the other series a number of times. DS9 grew on me, but they've got too many damned Ferengi episodes and not enough characters I really cared about.

Does anyone else think of the Cardassians whenever you see or hear anything about the Kardashians?

I do.

My fave is TNG, because of the characters. But I also really liked Enterprise... and often feel I am the only one who does. :lol:

I thought s1 and s2 of ENT kinda sucked, but s3 was excellent and s4 was also very solid, but by then they'd scared off most of the fans, so it got shut down. :(

Satellitegirl
06-03-2010, 01:36 PM
I liked TNG when I watched. Picard was the best :)

Civic
06-03-2010, 05:41 PM
The original series with Deep Space 9 following a close second. DSN had two yummy male actors in Avery Brooks (love his voice) and Alexander Siddig. And then there was Gul Dukat, the best TV villain since JR Ewing. I liked TNG well enough but I can't watch the episodes over and over again the way I can episodes from the original series.

nubka
06-03-2010, 08:11 PM
I was a kid in the mid-60's, so I actually remember when the original series first aired. Boy, does that ever show how old I am... :eek:

LilJen
06-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Shatner was also a Shakespearean actor. Never saw him act in any though. I actually think he's good at what he does, and he has awards for his acting in the past so somebody must think he can act.

My husband always trots out that line!!! Um, have you HEARD any of his Shakespearean monologues? I don't think they can properly be called acting. They're simply. . . bizarre. (Sorry that I can't supply some examples, because they're quite entertaining.) I give you that he can do funny, for sure. But really seriously act? Naaah.

Civic: AVERY BROOKS. IS. THE. AWESOME.

OrioleBeagle
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM
I loved Voyager and Enterprise. I was heartbroken when Enterprise ended after only four seasons. I miss Captain Archer's beagle Porthos!

bardtoob
06-04-2010, 08:06 AM
TNG. DS9 is watchable.

sk8pics
06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
Avery Brooks is a great actor! He himself, is a little, um, different. I saw an interview with him once where he both asked himself questions and answered them! The interviewer was amused, kind of like, remind me why am I here?

JumpinBug
06-05-2010, 02:40 AM
DS9! This is the best nerdy thread ever!

Spinner
06-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Voyager was an improvement, especially with the introduction of Seven Of Nine (in her costume, I'd call her 37 of 23 of 36 :lol: ).

We called her "borg-bie". :lol: