PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the 2010 FIFA World Cup?

Pages : [1] 2

MikiAndoFan#1
06-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Someone made this poll in another forum and I started wondering what people from FSU would think.

:P

Who do you think will win?

DinDonShamu
06-01-2010, 10:08 PM
USA or Japan to pull an upset :P

UMBS Go Blue
06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
There's a vBookie item too (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73627) ;)

fragoletta
06-01-2010, 10:22 PM
I have a feeling it's gonna be a South American team, I voted for Argentina but it could be Brasil as well, I think they are due...I'll be rooting for Italy, Spain, England, Netherlands but I don't think any of these teams will win it, may be Spain or England could make the final at most...

Since almost every WC has had its underdog that somehow manages to sneak to the semis, may be this year this could be USA, they'll have a lot of fans and it could give them a boost...

Buzz
06-02-2010, 12:09 AM
I love Brazil and would not mind at all it they win but it would be nice if somone new won the title this year. :) But not the US, because so few people in the US follow football/soccer that I doubt it will be noticed if they won. LOL

KHenry14
06-02-2010, 07:57 AM
I love Brazil and would not mind at all it they win but it would be nice if somone new won the title this year. :) But not the US, because so few people in the US follow football/soccer that I doubt it will be noticed if they won. LOL

Neil and I would notice Buzz!

I think it's the year for the Spanish to win.

Buzz
06-02-2010, 12:27 PM
hehehehe Begging your pordon dudes. :saint: I think we could add falling_dance to that list of yours. :lol: To be honest I am not buying all this stuff about the Spanish because I heard it ever WC. :slinkaway

NeilJLeonard
06-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Neil and I would notice Buzz!
True. And I'd comment & celebrate it just as soon as I got out of the cardiac ICU at Cleveland Clinic at Weston, hopefully alive...;)

I think it's the year for the Spanish to win.
Maybe. Argentina is possible, as long as Messi stays healthy. England could do it, too. Yet, Brazil has so much skill, speed, size and depth that they have to be the front runners going in. They are my choice to win it for the 6th time...:eek:

NJL

CaptCrunch
06-02-2010, 01:40 PM

While what you say above is true the World Cup in 2002 was huge news when the Americans made the QF's and lost to Germany. Bars were packed at 5am when games started. The US isn't interested in soccer but the World Cup is big news when it comes around every 4 years.

I predict either Spain or perennial power Brazil will end up winning this year. Hopefully team USA will get out of group play.

KHenry14
06-02-2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe. Argentina is possible, as long as Messi stays healthy. England could do it, too. Yet, Brazil has so much skill, speed, size and depth that they have to be the front runners going in. They are my choice to win it for the 6th time...:eek:

NJL

I'm not sold on Argentina. They barely qualified for the finals even though they have the best player in the world. Could they do it? Possibly, but I just don't think that Maradona has it in him to lead a team to the title. Brazil is the easy pick, and I'm pretty sure they will make it to the semi's, but all bets are off at that point.

briancoogaert
06-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Yes, I'm the one who voted for France.
Wheeee ! I still believe !
(no, I'm kidding, I just want to jinx the french team...I know I'm bad)

sweetsparky
06-07-2010, 09:13 PM
There's a vBookie item too (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73627) ;)

I felt my duty to show some confidence and support and bet for Spain :shuffle:

But now that is official that in case of winning every player of the team will get 600.000 €, I hope they will do the usual quarters drama disaster :scream: and go back home, cause, in our current economical situation, I think that sum is indecent.

Domshabfan
06-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Spain :fan: or Portugal

Fata
06-08-2010, 07:17 PM
Voted for Spain...
My heart says Germany or Italy but they are not good enough this year I think.

Underdog favorite: Mexico. Not for winning but they could come far...they beat Italy a couple of days ago and did a good match against the Netherlands (which was in my hometown and their fans know how to have fun...)

Beefcake
06-08-2010, 08:04 PM
The Fergus in me wanted to go Germany for their glaringly obvious talents (www.kickoff-wallpaper.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Germany-National-Team-2010-Wallpaper.jpg) :psoty: but methinks it's gonna come down to Argentina, England, or - my pick at the moment at least - Spain.

ETA: :rofl: x 100. I just clicked to view results, and see that Fergus had indeed voted "Germany"! Predictabe boy.