PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Victor Pfeifer

TAHbKA
05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
On Absolute skating (http://www.absoluteskating.com/)

Apparently his quads are still fresh (why did I have an impression he've been landing them for ages), other than that not much new, but Pfeifer is totally :swoon:

Ziggy
05-31-2010, 11:54 PM
I don't think he landed a 4toe in competition yet, although he has had a number of fully rotated ones landed on his butt. So he's getting there slowly.

casken
06-01-2010, 04:19 AM
That was actually a very interesting interview. He seems very thoughtful and self aware.

I was always curious about the attempt to represent the US, and from the interview it just sounds like he was a little lost and felt that the higher level of competition would do him good, and that problems the Austrian fed had with him training in the US pushed him from just training here to actually representing the US.

It sounds like he's in a better place now.

Kelvster
06-01-2010, 02:49 PM
thank you v. much for posting this interesting interview

it's great to hear stories like Viktor's ...

I never paid much attention to his skating until the past season

to me he really is like a different skater -- looks so smooth on the ice now and the way he holds all the landings is fantastic.

best of luck for him

Finnice
06-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Thank you for the great interwiew!
I have always liked his skating, it is something else. You really feel his musicality, and I prefers it to jumping beans.

reut
06-03-2010, 07:58 AM
I don't think he landed a 4toe in competition yet, although he has had a number of fully rotated ones landed on his butt. So he's getting there slowly.

He said he landed one in Liberty last summer.
And in Tallinn he landed two-footed one in the warm-up (which doesn't count, yeah, I know :))

caseyedwards
06-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Thanks for posting this interview. I read his name all the time in results but never really noticed he didn't have a triple axel! He seems to do doubles really well and at the Olympics he rotated a quad but fell. He either needs to get those triple axels or improve the quad to a Lambiel level. He is the only skater that comes to mind that didn't do triple axels even if it was because of injuries but tried three quads per competition.

Also I wish something had been mentioned about his seemingly hyperflexible arms as shown by how they wrap around his head during spins!!

TAHbKA
06-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Also I wish something had been mentioned about his seemingly hyperflexible arms as shown by how they wrap around his head during spins!!

He was asked about it in the follow up (the interview was taken by reut sometime earlier during the year), but he never replied. Perhaps the next interview should be started with a question of his `dislocated shoulder' spin' :)

caseyedwards
06-03-2010, 08:46 AM
He was asked about it in the follow up (the interview was taken by reut sometime earlier during the year), but he never replied. Perhaps the next interview should be started with a question of his `dislocated shoulder' spin' :)

That would be great! LOL. The pictures in the interview show that spin he does.