PDA

View Full Version : Sex and the City 2: Is the buzz as dead as the Cosmopolitan?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Beefcake
05-28-2010, 11:44 PM
:drama: Has FSU lost its gay! This movie has opened, inescapable promos surround us all ... and yet there is no SATC2 thread? At FSU? :lol:

Well, reviewers and bloggers are apparently tossing their metaphoric rotten fruit at this flick. True, the previews were eye-rolling ... what with the 2.5 hours running time, the discovery of Aiden thousands of miles away from Manhattan, the "girls" apparently with the same ol' problems, and of course the obviously ploying decision to create buzz/controversy by filming half of the movie in the Middle East.

But I say "so what?" :P The SATC1 was a piece of perfluffle that I barely remember past Charlotte's explosive diarrhea, Carrie's hideous wedding dress, and Gilles' schlong. And I still loved going to see it. Looking forward to enjoying this one too, alongside all the girls, gays, and random husbands/ boyfriends who were dragged from their hammocks with threats or promises of :grope:.

This one's got a Big Gay Wedding featuring LiZa singing "All the Single Ladies" ... that alone will make it memorable and quotable (if not good).

[Straight] male reviewers really hate SATC, don't they? (marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/27/sex-and-the-city-2-reviews-yeah-its-a-stinker/?hpt=Sbin)

LuckyCharm
05-28-2010, 11:57 PM
Saw it last night. As with the first one, there was some genuine funny, but also some aspects that were just trying way too hard. I think fans of the show will enjoy just because. Others probably needn't bother, since much of the humor relies on the viewer "knowing" the characters.

numbers123
05-29-2010, 12:06 AM
I think you would have to be a serious, serious SATC fan to have survived the hype and commercials for the last billion days.

I only know of one person going to see it and she happens to be my airhead niece. I love my niece, but she is really an airhead.

Southpaw
05-29-2010, 12:42 AM
This movie has opened, inescapable promos surround us all ... and yet there is no SATC2 thread? At FSU? :lol:

Bueller?
Bueller?
Bueller?

soxxy
05-29-2010, 01:10 AM
Saw the first movie because I liked most of the HBO series. Really disliked the movie....writers, cast totally sold out for quick bucks, IMO, and they made them. This looks worse. Going, for many, is probably a "ritual" for some friends to get together and try to relive old times.

jenny12
05-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Saw the first movie because I liked most of the HBO series. Really disliked the movie....writers, cast totally sold out for quick bucks, IMO, and they made them. This looks worse. Going, for many, is probably a "ritual" for some friends to get together and try to relive old times.

Same here. I enjoyed the TV series (wasn't a huge fan, but enjoyed it, especially the early seasons), but I thought the first movie was horrendous. It felt like six hours of listening to someone whine. If this one is worse, then :yikes:. Also, at least according to RottenTomatoes.com, plenty of female critics didn't like SATC2 either.

Cyn
05-29-2010, 01:31 AM
I am absolutely friggin' thrilled that SATC is finally in theatres -- not because I liked the show or saw the first movie, but because it means that it will only be a short time before we will be spared from seeing those goddamn promos on every commercial break on every damn channel on TV (not to mention banner ads and popups on countless websites. For the past month, there's been no escaping them except to pick up a good book (provided it wasn't written by Candace Bushnell).

Rex
05-29-2010, 01:34 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but it seems to be more about product placement than anything else. And the highlight of the film seems to be Liza singing "Single Ladies". And if that is the best part of the film, have mercy on them all....

Southpaw
05-29-2010, 01:35 AM
I am absolutely friggin' thrilled that SATC is finally in theatres -- not because I liked the show or saw the first movie, but because it means that it will only be a short time before we will be spared from seeing those goddamn promos on every commercial break on every damn channel on TV (not to mention banner ads and popups on countless websites. For the past month, there's been no escaping them except to pick up a good book (provided it wasn't written by Candace Bushnell).

Holy crap, I've been saying the same exact thing!

Maybe you and I can be part of an Eff SU foursome? We just need two more.

Cyn
05-29-2010, 01:39 AM
Holy crap, I've been saying the same exact thing!

Maybe you and I can be part of an Eff SU foursome? We just need two more.

:rofl: We are not alone!! :cheer2: Sign me up!!

WRT to SATC, I have a strong hunch that Numbers123 will gladly sign on

Southpaw
05-29-2010, 01:42 AM
Maybe PRlady can be our Samantha?

my little pony
05-29-2010, 01:45 AM
I hate all things SATC but I am always thrilled when Liza with a Z gets work

michiruwater
05-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I've read a number of reviews and the general consensus is that this is a complete insult to the original TV show, the original characters, the middle east, women, and just people in general...

I won't be seeing it :lol:

Southpaw
05-29-2010, 01:48 AM
I hate all things SATC but I am always thrilled when Liza with a Z gets work

You want in?

my little pony
05-29-2010, 01:51 AM
You want in?

Can I make fun of SJP? She looks like a foot with 2 eyes drawn on it. And her hands are made of older parchment than the Declaration of Independence.

ooh Liza is going to be on with that shrew Joy Behar (she has a show, really?)