PDA

View Full Version : Strange Things You Do

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

SHARPIE
05-26-2010, 09:29 PM
I saw this thread on another forum and was :lol: @ it so Ive picked up strange things that I do and wondered if Im the only certifiable FSUer.

Talk to my pets as in give them a running commentary of my life when Im on my own with them :D. 'Let's go and get dinner now.... Im going on the PC..' etc

Make little bets with myself like 'X' (usually something minor, dont want to risk too much!) if I can get this lift (elevator) door shut without someone coming along and making the door open again.

Eat pickled onions straight from the jar when peckish.

Frantically look round for another magpie when I see one on it's own.

Watch the TV on mute cos I just want to be quiet but see what's on.

Apologise to inanimate objects I may bump into or say, if I stub my toe and it hurts like a mofo then I'll apologise to my toe...

:shuffle:

PDilemma
05-26-2010, 09:33 PM
I ask the rabbit his opinion on things all day long when I'm home alone, as in "What do you think about putting dinner in the crockpot and not cooking later, Scooter?" --that was this morning. I figure I'm not in trouble until he starts answering me.

jamesy
05-26-2010, 09:44 PM
If I sat down and thought about it I'm sure I could come up with plenty of things. :shuffle: One thing offhand is that I read magazines from the back to the front. I open the magazine from the back and read the articles that way.

Watch the TV on mute cos I just want to be quiet but see what's on.
I watch TV with the closed captioning on. I don't have hearing problems and I keep the volume normal, but I like to read the words onscreen, too.

Veronika
05-26-2010, 09:47 PM
I watch TV with the closed captioning on. I don't have hearing problems and I keep the volume normal, but I like to read the words onscreen, too.

I do that--I like to use the English subtitles on movies too. Sometimes people mumble, or they have an accent and it's hard to figure out what they are saying.

vesperholly
05-26-2010, 09:55 PM
If I sat down and thought about it I'm sure I could come up with plenty of things. :shuffle: One thing offhand is that I read magazines from the back to the front. I open the magazine from the back and read the articles that way.

I do both of those things. So many people do that magazines put little "endcap" features in the back, rather than a bunch of ads.

I type words with my fingers tapping on my thumb, and I try to find words that involve using one finger each, like "tom said" and "lisa met".

I also love biting seeds between my front teeth. Raspberries, pickles, cucumbers, anything.

rfisher
05-26-2010, 09:56 PM

If more than one of us does something, that makes it normal not weird, right?

I read magazines that way too. I also talk to the dog. I don't eat pickled onions from the jar, but I do eat pickled okra.

I laugh gleefully and tell the poison ivy to *take that* when I'm blasting it with herbicide.

BlueRidge
05-26-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm guessing talking to the dog is the norm. :dog:

rjblue
05-26-2010, 10:15 PM
I apologise to the weeds when I have to pull them out of my garden.

I'll eat a whole can of black olives for a treat.

Wyliefan
05-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Eat pickled onions straight from the jar when peckish.

If I'm really hungry, I'll go through the pantry and fridge like a tornado and eat all kinds of different stuff together, with weird results. A typical snack might consist of a couple of marshmallows, some potato chips, a handful of raisins, some olives, and a few bites of leftover chicken.

liv
05-26-2010, 10:19 PM
When gardening, or ripping up weeds, I tell them they didn't do their job so they have to go or they have to be moved. I apologize and ask where in the garden they'd like to go and then I answer them back according to what I THINK they must've said.

I can sit in a room by myself and laugh. I just think of funny things I've heard in the movies, or on tv, at work and I just re-live them. All my life people have looked at me funny when I'm giggling to myself, lol, but i"m just keeping myself amused.

Jenny
05-26-2010, 10:23 PM
Apologise to inanimate objects I may bump into or say, if I stub my toe and it hurts like a mofo then I'll apologise to my toe...

This one is clearly the influence of all the time you've spent in Canada and hanging out with Canadians. :lol:

sk8er1964
05-26-2010, 10:31 PM
One thing offhand is that I read magazines from the back to the front. I open the magazine from the back and read the articles that way.

I often do this too.

mon125
05-26-2010, 10:39 PM
I can sit in a room by myself and laugh. I just think of funny things I've heard in the movies, or on tv, at work and I just re-live them. All my life people have looked at me funny when I'm giggling to myself, lol, but i"m just keeping myself amused.

I do that too!

CantALoop
05-26-2010, 10:45 PM
I talk to my pets too! Yes, I know they in all likelihood can't comprehend my sentences, but they seem more responsive and cooperative if I talk to them like I'm having a conversation with a person.

*Jen*
05-26-2010, 10:46 PM
If I don't like the ending to a book, film or tv show, I imagine another ending. I used to think this was wierd until I discovered fanfiction, but thankfully I don't go that far :lol:

I always, ALWAYS make sure my cupboard doors are closed before I go to bed. You never know what is going to come out of there while you're sleeping :sekret:

I always have clean floors. Even if rest of the house is a mess, I vacuum and mop the floors. It's obsessive.