PDA

View Full Version : Strange Things You Do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12

Satellitegirl
05-29-2010, 05:36 AM
Which brings me to another....it really bothers me when people say ketsup or catsup instead of Ketchup lol.

Tinami Amori
05-29-2010, 05:47 AM
- Used to play a game, until few years ago, where I would buy a 1-way ticket to a particular out of town or out of country destination, take no credit cards and only 100 dollars, and small carry on bag with 1 change of clothes and few necessities.

I would land at this “new place” pretending to be an immigrant who escaped a revolution, or a natural disaster, and see if I can survive and earn enough money to live and buy a ticket back home. Rules: no freebees or money from men and no stealing. All other jobs are ok: restaurant helper, sales girl, tour guide, etc…. It worked. The best places were New York, Rome, Berlin, and few other locations. Miami was the worst in USA, and so were Paris and Amsterdam.

- Also used to play a game “I got a new fancy job at a fancy office and I have no decent clothes. I have only 200 dollars to spend for 1 week’s worth of outfits”. I would take 200 $ and the next stop was Nordstrom Rack and Macy’s outlet…. And you can get 5 decent outfits if you really dig through the stuff.

- Also, used to play “what if I am blind or kidnapped and blind-folded. How did Sherlock Holmes used to make notes of “where he’s traveling to in the dark and how to tell where you’re taken too”, what sense of direction to use, what sounds, smells, and other factors to note”…. I used to come to a location I was not familiar with and try to walk with my eyes closed. Or have my friends drive me to place of their own choice while I had my eyes closed and see if I can tell where I am after they let me out. It was fun. Too bad I don’t have much time for it now.

screech
05-29-2010, 06:53 AM
When I'm out and bored, or waiting for someone, I play 'What Not to Wear' in my head, looking at peoples clothes, criticizing them in my head and imagining what they should do to improve.

Mean, I know, but really entertaining!

Angelskates
05-29-2010, 01:15 PM
I bless anyone who sneezes, and excuse myself when I sneeze, even if I am alone. I was asked to leave one of my year 12 exams, and my uni Bio exam because of this (no talking allowed).

Twilight1
05-29-2010, 02:03 PM
I got more too...

I fill paperwork out backwards...we have med sheets, rounds logs etc at work. I sign my name then go right to left. It is the strangest thing ever. (Not actual documentation but simple form work where you have to fill in the empty spaces)

Or when I fill out permission slips or paperwork for the kids...same thing. My husband laughs at me.

My husband thinks I am am major obsessive compulsive. If I don't know or understand something...I research the heck out of it. I go to wikipedia and then access the links and delve in deeper.

My husband hates that I love figure skating so much and that I used to tape everything. I don't anymore because the internet you can access anything but I used to tape ALL skating on TV, right done to a lot of the newscasts about Tonya and Nancy...

screech
05-29-2010, 02:18 PM
If I don't know or understand something...I research the heck out of it. I go to wikipedia and then access the links and delve in deeper.

I'm the same way. Any time I have a mild curiosity about something, I wikipedia the hell out of it. And then I end up spending hours on wikipedia because I keep seeing links that I want to check out when reading about the topics. I do the same thing when I watch TV shows and movies - after watching a movie I always go to the Internet Movie Database to see who the actors were and any trivia about it. Maybe filming locations...

I often say that because of this I may not have extensive knowledge on many things, but I sure as hell know bits about a huge variety of things.

Angelskates
05-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Yep, when I have some piece of random information and I'm not sure where it came from, it's always out of "I found it out on FSU" or "I found it on wiki", sometimes it's both!

Another thing I do is order chicken nuggets from McDonalds for my cats; it's delivered to my door. I don't order anything else (except sometimes a chocolate Sunday or banana pie). I then have to take off the better and cut it up for them to munch on. They love it!

cruisin
05-29-2010, 03:35 PM
I'm the same way. Any time I have a mild curiosity about something, I wikipedia the hell out of it. And then I end up spending hours on wikipedia because I keep seeing links that I want to check out when reading about the topics. I do the same thing when I watch TV shows and movies - after watching a movie I always go to the Internet Movie Database to see who the actors were and any trivia about it. Maybe filming locations...

I often say that because of this I may not have extensive knowledge on many things, but I sure as hell know bits about a huge variety of things.

I do that too. When I was a kid and we didn't have computers or the internet, I used to do that with encyclopedias. I'd be researching for a paper and get distracted by every other topic entry I saw. It would take me forever to get papers done! :lol:

Another thing I do is order chicken nuggets from McDonalds for my cats; it's delivered to my door. I don't order anything else (except sometimes a chocolate Sunday or banana pie). I then have to take off the better and cut it up for them to munch on. They love it!

Angelskates, please be careful with that. I don't know if chicken nuggets have onion or garlic powder (or both) in them. Onion and garlic can be very bad for dog's and cat's kidneys. I didn't know that until my dog got into some chocolate. I took him to the vet and they told me there were a lot of common foods that could be dangerous and sent me to a web site. Raisins and grapes are very bad for pets as well.

taf2002
05-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Whenever any type of emergency vehicle passes me with the sirens and lights flashing, I do the sign of the cross and say a quick prayer for whoever needs the help.

I think that's sweet. It shows you are a caring person.

Raisins and grapes are very bad for pets as well.

I didn't know that. My female cat likes me to bite a grape in half & then hold the half grape in front of her. She then licks the grape but doesn't eat it. I guess I'll quit doing that. She also likes to eat Jello...is that bad for her? I don't give her the fruit in it, just the Jello.

Satellitegirl
05-29-2010, 04:16 PM
The reason raisins and grapes are bad for pets, is due to the skin. It's ok for them to have the juice. I wouldn't worry about letting your cat lick the grape.
Its fine to let her do that.

My dog loved playing with grapes and eating them, then I found out it's the SKIN of the grape that is bad for them. It's hard for the kidneys to process or something of the sort. I still give her one occasionally, but I don't give her many.

So yeah, feel free to keep letting your cat lick the grape.

cruisin
05-29-2010, 04:57 PM
http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/toxicology/f/grape_raisin.htm

http://www.snopes.com/critters/crusader/raisins.asp

http://dog-care.suite101.com/article.cfm/danger_of_grapes_raisins_in_dogs

I'm not sure it is the inability to digest the skin. It may be some chemical that is in the skin, so if the grape is pressed (as for juice) the chemical is released into the juice.

Information on onions/garlic:

http://www.petalia.com.au/Templates/StoryTemplate_Process.cfm?Story_No=257

And more:

http://www.pacc911.org/Poison_Control.html

Sorry about the side track, but I thought this was important.

vesperholly
05-29-2010, 05:38 PM

Oh, the hours I have spent wikiwandering! :lol: I love that damn site.

oleada
05-29-2010, 05:52 PM
The bakery near my parent's house makes this really good honey wheat bread, except it has raisins in it. I pick them out and tried to give them to the dog, but he won't eat them. All this time I thought it was because he had good taste, but I guess he's just smart :lol:

numbers123
05-29-2010, 06:06 PM
When I'm out and bored, or waiting for someone, I play 'What Not to Wear' in my head, looking at peoples clothes, criticizing them in my head and imagining what they should do to improve.

Mean, I know, but really entertaining!

I even have my husband playing the what not to wear game when we are sitting at our favorite ourdoor cafe drinking wine. He is not as snarky, but can appreciate what I have to say. Or maybe it is the wine that makes him agreeable. But seriously who would wear a prom dress with ordinary beach flip-flops. :scream:

ryanbfan
05-29-2010, 06:31 PM
I'm nearly 28 and I still have a blanket. :shuffle

I do too <3 I have two and I ALWAYS have to sleep with them.

I like to air-dry after a shower. I'll use a towel and dry off a little bit, but then I'll flop down on my bed and let the ceiling fan dry me. While doing this, I clean my ears with at least 3 or 4 cotton swabs.

I do this also!