PDA

View Full Version : Strange Things You Do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12

Twilight1
05-28-2010, 06:44 PM
Kruss- I used to do that counting candies thing with those rockets that you get at halloween and also sour candies. I would make sure they were an even number and then eat one of each colour to keep it even until they were gone.

I have all my cans forward facing. If I hang towels side by side, the lines have to be even across if they have stripes.

I compulsively wipe off my counters...even if I wiped them down 10 minutes earlier if I am in my kitchen(s). I do the same in the bathrooms.

screech
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I keep thinking of more!

My DVD collection - everything has to be lined up perfectly. If one is even like 1cm out of line with the others, I have to fix it.

An OCD - when I set my alarm clock I check quite a few times to make sure it's set and working. I used to need 3 alarm clocks. Not because I would sleep through them, but because I was paranoid that something was going to go wrong. I used 1 clock radio, a travel one (battery operated in case of a power outage) and my watch. And when I was in school, I used to have a weird dream where about 30 seconds before my first alarm would go off, I would be dreaming that I was in school and heard the bell for the start of the day, which would cause me to wake up and then my alarm would go off right afterwards. And it happened every weekday without fail, but never on weekends. Weirdness. And thinking of alarms, whether I'm sleeping alone or with someone else, at my place or someone elses, I always have to sleep on the side of the bed with the clock, otherwise, whether I need to get up at a certain time or not, I get a bit weird.

Any bills in my wallet must all be facing the same direction and in order of value (smallest at the front, highest at the back). It drives me nuts otherwise.

Kruss- I used to do that counting candies thing with those rockets that you get at halloween and also sour candies. I would make sure they were an even number and then eat one of each colour to keep it even until they were gone.

I didn't really worry about even numbers, but I always made sandwiches with them. I'd take packages of Rockets and the Halloween packets of the mini fuzzy peaches and smush a fuzzy peach between 2 rockets and eat it like a mini sandwich. I love Rockets and I love fuzzy peaches, each on their own, but at Halloween time I can't eat them any other way.

And one (hopefully) final one... I hate cleaning, but once I start cleaning, I can't stop and will keep going until my entire apartment is cleaned. I may set out to just clean the counter in the washroom, but then the entire washroom will be cleaned, the place vacuumed, tables dusted, etc.

Twilight1
05-28-2010, 08:59 PM
Anything that has a title in my house (book/ movies) is alphabeticized or in chronological year (for figure skating).

I put all like coloured clothes together.

This thread is making me realize that I am not over my OCD...thought after having my kids and not being a clean freak anymore that I was over it...apparently not! :lol:

liv
05-28-2010, 10:57 PM
ITA about the makeup thing too! If I have not washed my face right before bed, I cannot sleep. I feel anxious and have to get up to do it.

I"m totally interactive with animals and inanimate objects too. I can carry on a conversation for both sides, even while at work. Some days my coworkers just stop and stare as I do my job. They just laugh...thank goodness.

I do the counting candies thing too.

Oh, and the sleep thing. Me too. I neeeeeed to sleep on weekends. I don't sleep the whole time, but if I have to get up early to do some actvity or stay up late for something, it just ruins my weekend. I love my bed.

While driving I often predict behaviour and talk to the cars and their drivers. I"ll say, "ok, George is going to now change lanes, yup, there he goes, oh wow, there goes bob in that lane" etc.

I"m also a tapper. I'll tap on the side of the chair or desk and sometimes I'll use my finger and write words in the air while i"m thinking.

Hmmm...maybe there is some OCD in here, lol.

numbers123
05-28-2010, 11:32 PM
I think that the purple and blue m&m's taste better than the yellow and brown ones. If I have a handful of them, I eat the yellow and brown ones first so that the others can be fully enjoyed.

I talk to the TV, particularly when watching sports. My family ask me if I actually think that they can hear me - since they are sure that the sportscasters or players Can.Not.Hear.Me. To which I say - how do you know.

myhoneyhoney
05-29-2010, 01:05 AM
Let's see... whenever I tear the paper off a straw I have to knot the paper, if it breaks in the middle of the knot someone is thinking about me! I hold my breath when passing cemeteries (I don't want to breath in souls!) and I also hold my breath in tunnels (this I don't know why but I've always done it). I'm also completely OCD with examining hubby's chest and plucking out any chest hair I find WHILE HE'S SLEEPING (I don't like hairy guys).

cruisin
05-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Let's see... whenever I tear the paper off a straw I have to knot the paper, if it breaks in the middle of the knot someone is thinking about me! I hold my breath when passing cemeteries (I don't want to breath in souls!) and I also hold my breath in tunnels (this I don't know why but I've always done it). I'm also completely OCD with examining hubby's chest and plucking out any chest hair I find WHILE HE'S SLEEPING (I don't like hairy guys).

When I was little, and my family drove into NYC, we always drove through the Lincoln Tunnel. There is a NY/NJ border line painted on the wall and my brother and I would reach as far toward the front of the car as possible, trying to be the 1st one to get to NY! :lol: I have to repress that urge now! :lol: And whenever we used to go through small tunnels or under bridges, my mother would tell us to duck! We did!

loopey
05-29-2010, 01:47 AM
When I eat muffins, I eat the top and throw away the bottom.

When I eat cupcakes, I eat the bottom "cakey" part first and then the top with the frosting.

Every day when I get home from work, I ask my dog how his day went. He has yet to answer me.

I hate snails. When they invade my garden, I put salt on them and watch them shrivel up.

When I get a book to read, I divide the book in half and dog ear it, so that I know when I am half way through the book.

galaxygirl
05-29-2010, 02:16 AM
My bed must be perfectly made before I can go to sleep. I can't stand it when the sheets and the quilt aren't perfectly aligned and the 'overhang' on each side isn't even.

Even though my car won't let me turn it off if the car is not in park, every morning when I'm walking from my car into work, I fight the urge to go back and make sure the car is in park (and I *usually* win).

Before I put socks on, I *must* separate my toes by sticking a finger in each sequential toe junction. The thought of my toes sticking together inside my socks disturbs me.

I don't have my bed on a frame (the box springs sit directly on the ground). This way, the boogie man can't possibly hide under there. :)

I don't like library books because other people have touched them so I always buy books, even though it's more expensive. I'm not yet at the stage where I use gloves, but I know some who do...

I clean the covers of library books with alcohol before I read them, especially since I usually read in bed.

cruisin
05-29-2010, 02:54 AM
Every day when I get home from work, I ask my dog how his day went. He has yet to answer me.

I bet he does! I bet his day is basically snoozing until you get home. His actual day starts with the out of control tail wagging when he sees his human walk through the door. :) That's your answer!

~tapdancer~
05-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Fun thread!

I put milk on my cereal but then I let it sit a minute and pour it out...then eat the wet cereal.

I like symmetry, if I see a picture slightly crooked on the wall, it must be straightened.

I have to shower before going to bed and then I take one when I get up in the morning. I know I didn't get dirty during the night but I can't sleep comfortably unless freshly showered and I need the morning one to get going!

I know it's not supposed to be good for my hair but I wash it every single day. I have curly baby-fine hair and I look kinda scary in the morning!

I hate what I call "fuzzies"...little pieces of lint or paper or food or whatever...if it's on the floor or carpet or the kitchen counters, I have to pick it up and throw it away.

I don't like the sun shining into my living room...I keep dark curtains up all the time (hey, it helps keep it cool, too). My mother says it's like a cave. But we like our privacy.

Dumb food things...if I eat olives with pimentos, I have to suck the pimento out and throw it away. I like to eat green beans right out of the can. Cold.

I love to watch birds outside but I have a major panic attack if I'm around birds indoors.

Lucy25
05-29-2010, 03:52 AM
I eat my hamburgers upside down. Don't know why - just a habit.

I have to set my alarm for an odd minute number. (ex: It has to be for 5:43 am, not 5:42)

My clothes have to be facing the same direction in the closet, and the closet door has to be shut at night.

Whenever any type of emergency vehicle passes me with the sirens and lights flashing, I do the sign of the cross and say a quick prayer for whoever needs the help.

Myskate
05-29-2010, 04:19 AM
I bet he does! I bet his day is basically snoozing until you get home. His actual day starts with the out of control tail wagging when he sees his human walk through the door. :) That's your answer!

I don't know about that. One day my dog met me at the door and when I asked her how her day was she proceeded to let me know in no uncertain terms that she had a lousy day. (She's very vocal) Later I found out that my husband took her to the vet for vaccinations and gland cleaning. I really think she said to me "Do you know what happened to me today? I am not a happy camper!"

TygerLily
05-29-2010, 04:26 AM
I clean the covers of library books with alcohol before I read them, especially since I usually read in bed.:COP: This thread is giving me too many ideas...

my little pony
05-29-2010, 04:38 AM
I can't be in the presence of milk. I can't think of a more disgusting substance. I can't watch other people consume it and I can't go down the milk aisle in a store. I can't watch people eat ketsup either but it doesnt kill me like milk does.

Sometimes I pretend I cant speak English to get out of talking.