PDA

View Full Version : Strange Things You Do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

Rob
05-28-2010, 05:15 AM
I grow all kinds of peppers and herbs that I hardly use. Would be cheaper to buy some peppers/herbs at the Asian market and dry them than buy the plants. I just like having them outside in the garden.

I always swear I am going to bed at 10 or 10:30 and the next thing I know its 1 am and I need to be at work at 8.

Weekends, I drive 2 1/2 hours to the beach, go to happy hour Friday night, get up at 7 Saturday to get to the beach by 8, run home and fix dinner for a group of 6-8 or go to a dinner party, go to bed late, clean and garden Sunday, drive 2 1/2 hours back, and Sunday night I am exhausted.

I hate having dirty laundry in the basket, but always I have stacks of clean laundry on top of the dryer. I hate ironing.

I love shoe shopping, but I hate wearing shoes.

screech
05-28-2010, 05:25 AM
I was pulling weeds in our vegetable garden this afternoon (my very first garden, so I'm rather protective of it :lol: ). When I was yanking/digging one particularly stubborn one out, I caught myself taunting the remaining weeds in the ground :o by telling them, "You see what's happening to your little friend here? *This* is what's going to happen to you and all the rest of your little buddies if you don't take your damn roots and get the F out of here!"
I do the same thing when I'm frustrated. I'll yell at appliances, my TV, windows, laundry, etc. If inanimate objects (or plants or insects) don't cooperate with me they get a thorough tongue lashing. I like it because they don't argue with me so I can continue live with my knowledge that I'm always right. ;)

I blame my dad for this... Whenever I park my car, I put it in park and use the emergency brake.

I am also anal about the reading a book series from first to last. I get pissed if I happen to pick up the 2nd or 4th or something. It MUST go in order!!

I alphabetize my DVD collection.
Ditto on all fronts. Even when I'm re-reading a book series I have to do it in order. Like recently I was re-reading the Southern Vampire Mysteries series (the books True Blood is based on) and couldn't re-read the 9th book right away (as a refresher) before buying the new 10th one without reading books 1-8 again first, even though I've read them all multiple times in the past.

I organize my clothes by color and type - all jackets are here, all skirts are here, etc.
I do the same, but kind of weirdly. My pants/shorts/skirts that don't require hangers are kind of thrown together, but with shirts, it's separated by type (sweater vs summery) and colour. And the items in my closet aren't organized by colour but are by type by order of use (most commonly used items are most easily accessable. Jackets are in the hardest to reach place).

Another one of mine is kind of an OCD - I check my purse about 5 times (literally) before leaving the house to make sure I have my wallet, bus pass, phone and keys. I then check a few times to make sure my door is locked.

Another thing if mine is that I require some form of background noise at all time. Even if I'm on the computer I need to have the TV or iTunes on, otherwise I kind of go a bit crazy. I was the same when I was in school and doing assignments or studying - I could never do it if it were too quiet.

IceAlisa
05-28-2010, 06:03 AM
After Mini Ice was born, I became a very light sleeper and remain one to this day. Now I have this really annoying (to others) white noise machine that I take with me everywhere when I travel. I also have to have a pillow under AND over my head to further drown out noise.

And I have super thick blinds and curtains on my bedroom windows to keep the sunlight out in the morning since it wakes me up too. I am a bat! May be I should live in a sensory deprivation tank. :shuffle:

And one more thing: when I am too lazy to go to my Zumba class, I put on a movie on youtube which lately has been the Russian Sherlock Holmes with Vasily Livanov and dance away in front of the computer for the duration of the movie. I don't even know what to call this workout method.

Cyn
05-28-2010, 08:33 AM
I do the same thing when I'm frustrated. I'll yell at appliances, my TV, windows, laundry, etc. If inanimate objects (or plants or insects) don't cooperate with me they get a thorough tongue lashing. I like it because they don't argue with me so I can continue live with my knowledge that I'm always right. ;)

If you're a member of FaceBook, I have the perfect page for you to join:

Yelling At Inanimate Objects (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yelling-at-inanimate-objects/144507160175)

I joined it a while back, and it didn't hit me until after finding that page just how often I yell at things - my computer, mobile phone, the TV, other cars on the road, my toaster oven, the zipper on my pants, and so on..... :rofl:

Japanfan
05-28-2010, 10:32 AM
My idea of a perfect weekend is spending it in bed and at home the entire time. I like to sleep more than anything else. If I have a lot of "fun" things to do over the weekend, I feel like I wasted my weekend because I didn't get to sleep as much as I wanted or lounge around as much. Most people are the exact opposite.

I'm exactly the same. Going on a holiday leaves me feeling sleep-deprived.

I have a great deal of trouble getting to sleep and am at my most happiest when I finally get there.

I don't get the concept of 'too much sleep' at all.

walei
05-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Hahaha this thread is great!

I look forward to waiting at the bus stop... because if the bus I need to be on shows up I feel like I just won a bingo game...

Satellitegirl
05-28-2010, 01:23 PM
If I see an animal that seems like it's somewhat tame....like a duck or goose...I'll honk or quack at them. Same with sheep or goats. I dunno why, I guess I'm trying to get them to know I won't hurt them. lol (side note...there's a male and female duck that waddle around the lawn outside my apartment and they're so friggin cute. they walk up to me like "got any bread?" and look at me)

I have to check my closet before I go to bed most nights unless I'm just too exhausted that I don't care if I'm attacked. Otherwise, I'm paranoid someone broke in and was hiding until I went to sleep....nevermind the fact that if someone had the ability to break in while I was gone they'd probably get what they wanted and leave.

I tap my fingers in a patter of thumb, middle finger, pinky, index finger, ring finger. I've done this for years....a small bit of OCD maybe.

I always wait for the water to get just about as hot as it will go, when I wash my hands, otherwise I figure it's not doing much. (I don't get sick more than once every year or two, so it must be a good thing?)

Oh and when I was little I piled all my stuffed animals that would fit, in the foot of my bed under the covers so the monsters wouldn't get them. If I couldn't fit them in there I'd find something to cover them with to protect them...even if it was just a tissue.

cruisin
05-28-2010, 02:54 PM
If you're a member of FaceBook, I have the perfect page for you to join:

Yelling At Inanimate Objects (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yelling-at-inanimate-objects/144507160175)

I joined it a while back, and it didn't hit me until after finding that page just how often I yell at things - my computer, mobile phone, the TV, other cars on the road, my toaster oven, the zipper on my pants, and so on..... :rofl:

Do you also yell at other drivers who are driving like morons? I do, with the windows up. My kids always say, Mom they can't hear you! To which I reply, It's a good thing :D.

I love this thread. It's good to know that we all are a little OCD and some of us in exactly the same ways :lol:!

We should celebrate our quirks :cheer2:

taf2002
05-28-2010, 03:33 PM
Going to sleep with any makeup on and/or not doing my nighttime skincare regimen. It doesn't matter how exhausted I may be - if I have on any makeup, even if it's just a few dabs of concealer or a dusting of powder, I can't go to sleep wit any of it on my face, and if I don't cleanse, tone, and apply my serums and moisturizers, the guilt gnaws at me until I take care of it.

Cyn..this OCD behavior will keep your skin beautiful long after the rest of us get all wrinkly looking. I make sure to wash the makeup off but if I'm too tired I don't do the rest of it. I know I'll pay for my lazyness eventually.

Bev Johnston
05-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I don't think it's weird or strange to talk to your pets. I would bet that most people who have them talk to them.

When I talk to my cat, he often times "meows" back to me. I imagine that the conversation is something like this:

"Hello, Kitty! How was your day? How's my sweet little kitty doing?"

"Meow" (translation: "Please do not disturb me, vile creature.")

Satellitegirl
05-28-2010, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU2EtLHVoiI&feature=related reminds me of this. so cute.

screech
05-28-2010, 04:36 PM
If I see an animal that seems like it's somewhat tame....like a duck or goose...I'll honk or quack at them.

I have to check my closet before I go to bed most nights unless I'm just too exhausted that I don't care if I'm attacked. O

Even though I'm almost 30, often when I see seagulls or other birds I still run at them flapping my arms and squawking like a kid.

And I don't check my closet, but I find I cannot sleep if my closet door is open. no paranoia or anything, it just annoys me.

IceAlisa
05-28-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm exactly the same. Going on a holiday leaves me feeling sleep-deprived.

I have a great deal of trouble getting to sleep and am at my most happiest when I finally get there.

I don't get the concept of 'too much sleep' at all.

Me three. If I don't get enough sleep--it's not a vacation. My husband is the exact opposite, very athletic and physically active. We had an interesting honeymoon where I lay on the beach reading and he windsurfed, climbed and ran about. :lol:

Kruss
05-28-2010, 05:56 PM
When eating M&Ms, I have to make sure there's an even amount before I eat the rest; if there's 7, I eat one so there's 6, and then I can eat them. And of course, I will sort the colors first and then make sure they are even in number before I begin to eat the rest.

I also try to eat them evenly on each side of my mouth.

jenji124
05-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I read the end of a book before the middle too. I figure it's logical. My time is precious and I don't get much free time to read. If I'm sort of-mostly interested in a book, I want to make sure I'll like the way it ends (i.e. the time invested in the book is worthwhile). Nothing more aggravating than a lousy ending and all that time invested in a book.

This drives my other half crazy

I do this too! everyone I know thinks this is so crazy. If its not the ending I don't want I want read it :lol: