PDA

View Full Version : Strange Things You Do

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Quintuple
05-26-2010, 10:58 PM
The way I watch figure skating: I'll pop in my tape, get in bed, and usually I'm in a trance, but (wait for it) ... I usually am eating string cheese ... and I peel it without looking at it in a constant rhythm and slap it into my mouth. So imagine a zombie staring at the TV slapping cheese into its mouth. Mm hmm.

Buzz
05-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Sometimes I read the ending of a book well before I actually finish the book.

I used to take my vacations to coincide with the World Cup, so I would not miss a single match! For a full month I do not get any sleep. :lol:

Most days when I walk out the door I turn around and come back in to double check the kitchen stove. I just have to make sure one more time before I leave that it is off! :slinkaway

SHARPIE
05-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Another thing I do is stress when I start a thread that nobody will reply :D

Ziggy
05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm not admitting mine. :D ;)

AYS
05-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Talk to my pets as in give them a running commentary of my life when Im on my own with them :D. 'Let's go and get dinner now.... Im going on the PC..' etc

I do this all day long, as well as sing the commentary in ridiculous cutesy little songs. This one is probably pretty typical. :dog:

As far as slightly off eating habits, I like eating soup cold that's not supposed to be cold, including leftover Wonton and Hot and Sour soup from Chinese takeout. I also like cold Matzoh ball soup. I had cold H&S soup for lunch today. :D

Other than this, I'm totally normal. ;)

The way I watch figure skating: I'll pop in my tape, get in bed, and usually I'm in a trance, but (wait for it) ... I usually am eating string cheese ... and I peel it without looking at it in a constant rhythm and slap it into my mouth. So imagine a zombie staring at the TV slapping cheese into its mouth. Mm hmm.
:eek: :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ChelleC
05-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Sometimes I read the ending of a book well before I actually finish the book.

You mean that's not normal. :lol: I read the beginning of a book, then the end, then flip back to the middle.

mmscfdcsu
05-26-2010, 11:16 PM
I say a little prayer when I drive past roadkill on the road. I find that I have blessed the memory of many odd objects in addition to all the dead road kill. I'm sure I've said prayers for old tires that fell apart in the middle of the road. Tennis shoes as well. :o

jen_faith
05-26-2010, 11:19 PM
I read the end of a book before the middle too. I figure it's logical. My time is precious and I don't get much free time to read. If I'm sort of-mostly interested in a book, I want to make sure I'll like the way it ends (i.e. the time invested in the book is worthwhile). Nothing more aggravating than a lousy ending and all that time invested in a book.

This drives my other half crazy

mila19
05-26-2010, 11:21 PM
I like to eat bull's eyes eggs in pieces that contain a bit of both parts, red and white.
I cover my ears while sleeping.
Finding facial hair is usually relaxing time for me.
The best ideas I've ever had came while I was brushing my teeth.
I always tilt my head so to pose in a 3/4 profile ;)
I sleep in satin pillowcases and I always, always carry earplugs wherever I go.

SHARPIE
05-26-2010, 11:40 PM
I read the end of a book before the middle too. I figure it's logical. My time is precious and I don't get much free time to read. If I'm sort of-mostly interested in a book, I want to make sure I'll like the way it ends (i.e. the time invested in the book is worthwhile). Nothing more aggravating than a lousy ending and all that time invested in a book.

This drives my other half crazy

I am so with you jen_faith!

Reuven
05-27-2010, 12:00 AM
I mix two kinds of breakfast cereals in the bowl.
When we had kitties, we would both sing nonsense tunes to them.
I absolutely HAVE to read something whilst eating breakfast.

PDilemma
05-27-2010, 12:22 AM
I never put milk on my cereal. This drives my husband and my nephew crazy. They discuss it as if it is some sort of addiction or mental illness that must be addressed. It was the first thing the two of them bonded over after they met.

dbell1
05-27-2010, 12:28 AM
I'll pick up worms out after rainstorms and put them back on the grass/dirt. I've also had loose dirt piles that I've put worms in that I've dug up while gardening.

I will step over ants or bugs outside - it's their world, I'm just passing through it.

Add me to the group talking to their pets, sometimes they're the only ones who understand why I'm cranky. :lol: Or they're just looking for food and need to be near me? :shuffle:

Cyn
05-27-2010, 12:32 AM
I was pulling weeds in our vegetable garden this afternoon (my very first garden, so I'm rather protective of it :lol: ). When I was yanking/digging one particularly stubborn one out, I caught myself taunting the remaining weeds in the ground :o by telling them, "You see what's happening to your little friend here? *This* is what's going to happen to you and all the rest of your little buddies if you don't take your damn roots and get the F out of here!"

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure they're going to ignore me and continue to try and set up house in between my beloved tomatoes, cukes, etc.

rjblue
05-27-2010, 12:56 AM
I cover my ears while sleeping.I have to sleep with my wrists either covered or palm down on the blankets. It's a holdover from when I was a small child and was afraid that robbers would sneak in and slit my wrists.