PDA

View Full Version : Strange Things You Do

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

numbers123
05-31-2010, 11:02 PM
How do you walk? On a treadmill, around the room, in place?

The walk it out game can be played with the balance board or a dance mat or just the numcuks. It can be played single player (that's what I do) or multi-player (which I don't know how it would do that).

When I use the Wii fitness plus system, the free run is walking or running in place with the controller.

When I go walking and not use the Wii game, I use my droid to play Pandora. even then, I need to walk in place if my walk route is done and the song isn't :)

PDilemma
05-31-2010, 11:05 PM
How do you walk? On a treadmill, around the room, in place?

PDilemma - give it up now! We need to know! :lol:

There was the one in the park, under the gazebo with a stone pineapple on top (in Nebraska) where an 18 1/2 year old pregnant bride married her father's 42 year old former best friend (bet you can't guess what ended that friendship). The music consisted of her sister holding up a boom box that played a cassette of Kenny Rogers singing "you decorated my life". Apparently, the sister was just tired of it halfway through, so she just pushed stop (with that loud cassette click) in the middle of a chorus so it went "you decorated m---CLICK". All of this was accompanied by the bride's mother crying loudly and hysterically in one corner of the gazebo, the judge marrying them was practically yelling over that to be heard. Father of the bride was pacing and smoking outside the park gate. For the reception, in a different park's picnic shelter, a friend and I got to wear the world's tackiest lace aprons while serving lunch meat sandwiches with the crusts cut off (to make them sophisticated?) at a "dinner" reception.

cruisin
05-31-2010, 11:18 PM
There was the one in the park, under the gazebo with a stone pineapple on top (in Nebraska) where an 18 1/2 year old pregnant bride married her father's 42 year old former best friend (bet you can't guess what ended that friendship). The music consisted of her sister holding up a boom box that played a cassette of Kenny Rogers singing "you decorated my life". Apparently, the sister was just tired of it halfway through, so she just pushed stop (with that loud cassette click) in the middle of a chorus so it went "you decorated m---CLICK". All of this was accompanied by the bride's mother crying loudly and hysterically in one corner of the gazebo, the judge marrying them was practically yelling over that to be heard. Father of the bride was pacing and smoking outside the park gate. For the reception, in a different park's picnic shelter, a friend and I got to wear the world's tackiest lace aprons while serving lunch meat sandwiches with the crusts cut off (to make them sophisticated?) at a "dinner" reception.

Oh, my :eek: You've got my Morman tabernacle wedding story beat!

Except, on second thought, the engagement is pretty twisted. My friend (actually co-worker) converted to Morman, after having a nervous breakdown from a few years of drugs and sex and rock and roll. She converted and became a virgin again (not sure how she diid that). She met this guy (a Mormon from Utah) who was going to school in NYC. She and the BF went to dinner with the girl's parents (who were visiting from N. Carolina). After dinner the BF went to his dorm (he was a few years younger than my friend), my friend and her parents went to her apartment. About an hour later my friend gets a call from the BF, he's distraught. He went back to his dorm room and found his roomate had hung himself. He called my friend and asked her to come over. Which, of course she did. Later that night he asked her to marry him - :eek: and morbid!

Buzz
05-31-2010, 11:27 PM
I always found this strange:

KFC sells their boxed meals at the same price as their meal combos. You could buy the meal by itself, no drink, but you pay the same price as the meal and drink. Not sure why.

mkats
06-01-2010, 02:13 AM
:eek: and :yikes: and :watch: at all the wedding stories!

I get really proud of myself when I make a long post with lots of links/spoiler tags/etc and they all work out properly (like the one I just made in the gardening thread) :shuffle:

And someone upthread said that they pick up worms and put them back in the grass. I DO THAT TOO! I've NEVER met anyone else who does that and everyone thinks I'm stupid... but I like worms :shuffle:

Buzz
06-01-2010, 02:20 AM
I've NEVER met anyone else who does that and everyone thinks I'm stupid... but I like worms :shuffle:

ick... :scream:

mkats
06-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Hey, they're good for my garden and compost. :lol:

cruisin
06-01-2010, 02:32 AM
Hey, they're good for my garden and compost. :lol:

Just please tell us, you don't name them :lol:

skatemommy
06-02-2010, 12:21 AM
And one more thing: when I am too lazy to go to my Zumba class, I put on a movie on youtube which lately has been the Russian Sherlock Holmes with Vasily Livanov and dance away in front of the computer for the duration of the movie. I don't even know what to call this workout method.

I love love love Zumba! Our instructor has 1000 Zumba clothes and she can make the ties on the butt of her her cargo pants go in perfect circles. I am too embarrassed to tell her how cool that is!

IceAlisa
06-02-2010, 01:01 AM
I was always wondering what's up with Zumba and cargo pants. Is that the official Zumba uniform?

skatemommy
06-02-2010, 01:27 AM
I was always wondering what's up with Zumba and cargo pants. Is that the official Zumba uniform?

Yes, I think so. Our instructor is 56 years young little Italian spitfire that can dance circles around us. It is a cottage industry as she has earring, shoes, tanks, tees all Zumba. When we were plotting things to sell on Ebay I suggested temporary tattoos which she promptly pulled out of her bag. Our class is experimenting with these elastic/ribbon thingys that you slip on your shoes to be more like a dance shoe. When I suggested we could sell them on Ebay they all gasped of the trademark infringement. I said I get dinged by Ebay all the time and it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :)

cruisin
06-02-2010, 03:20 AM
When I suggested we could sell them on Ebay they all gasped of the trademark infringement. I said I get dinged by Ebay all the time and it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission! :)

What do you mean trademark infringement? Are you proposing using someone's trademark to market something you are making? As in putting the Zoomba logo on these bands? If so, you can be sued. At the very least a cease and desist. At worst, major fines and a cease and desist.

Having had my own copy-written designs stolen, trust me, it is not something that is forgiven easily. And they will find out, I assure you.

So, as an FSU friend, please don't do it.

skatemommy
06-02-2010, 11:56 AM
No, we just want to sell these to other exercisers, no logo, just not $10 per pair that cost pennies to make. Just have to put dance/fitness in the title; not Zumba. No problem.

cruisin
06-02-2010, 02:16 PM
No, we just want to sell these to other exercisers, no logo, just not $10 per pair that cost pennies to make. Just have to put dance/fitness in the title; not Zumba. No problem.

If there is no logo, there is no Trademark infringement. If this is an existing product, it could have a patent. That is what you might be infringing on. However, if you change it, even just a little, you are okay. And just a little could mean color, width, fabric, seaming. :)

Rob
06-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I talk to my cat too. She listens more than my husband does. :huh:

I get on FSU during the day and wind up having to do work at home at night.