PDA

View Full Version : Jana Khokhlova/Fedor Andreev a reality?!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

Sylvia
05-26-2010, 06:21 PM
I think this news deserves its very own thread! :lol:

Reposting these 2 posts from 2 different threads:

Here is Yana's interview (use google translate)
http://www.nvspb.ru/tops/yana-hohlova-ne-hochu-razbivat-chujie-pary-42535
And Yana and Sergei's video interview, all in Russian
http://www.championat.ru/other/news-503856.html
Yana looks fine and excited about her new partner and coaches. She said that Fedor worked with ice dancing couples as a coach and skated with them to show what they should do, so he has experience and good skating skills, can do the elements, they didn't have any problems with lifts also. The only problem is that he has no experience in skating with partner, but she hopes he will learn this. Fedor came to Moscow for a few days, but not for training, they needed to meet some people from FS federation. It was hard decision for Yana, she understands that she needs to work really hard and will try to do her best. She will go to the US in June.
Sergei tried to joke, but it was obvious that it's not easy for him and he refused to answer some questions. Now he is planning to heal his knee and also doing some TV commentary

Large video interview with Jana and Sergei http://www.championat.ru/other/news-503856.html

Summary: Fedor came to Moscow for a couple of days to do all the paperwork with Russian/Moscow federation. Sergei didn't meet him and not sure he would like to (he actually acted like a left husband). He refused to comment new Jana's partnership and said that all this situation was very difficult for him:( He would like to go on skating but it's impossible.
Jana will fly to the US in the nearest future when paperwork is done.

SwingDancer
05-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I am just jumping for joy about this parntership, my favorite female ice dancer has joined my favorite male skate in ice dancing partnership!!! I cannot wait for the new season!!

Ituriel
05-26-2010, 07:11 PM
It'll be really hard for them compete for the Russian Nš1 place the next season. The partnership seems risk, but there's not win without risk.:)

I feel sorry for Sergei, seriously. It's a sad end for his career.:(

In another note, did Fedor compete in automovilism? Jana loves the cars and automovilism :D

Ziggy
05-26-2010, 07:22 PM
We've finally got a definite confirmation.

It still feels completely surreal, though. :scream:

Jenny
05-26-2010, 07:35 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing this (I wonder if they will do SC?). IMO Fedor's biggest issue has always been his lack to commitment to training, so hopefully having a partner who is used to competing at a high level will provide some incentive, not to mention the "encouragement" of the Russian fed.

Ziggy
05-26-2010, 07:41 PM
I still believe my conspiracy theory stating that Russian Fed is planning to win some favours with Zueva/Shpilband, sacrificing Jana in the process. :P

barbk
05-26-2010, 07:43 PM
Where will they train? He's got gorgeous lines for a singles skater, but I'm curious about whether that transfers to the incredible speed and edging needed by the top ice dancers.

caseyedwards
05-26-2010, 07:46 PM
He better be good because she deserves a good partner because she has been on euro podiums and world podiums.

Ziggy
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
Where will they train?

With Zueva/Shpilband in the US.

PeterG
05-26-2010, 07:47 PM
It still feels completely surreal, though. :scream:

I'm totally with you on this! I think it is incredibly interesting news, but I'm going to wait until I see them actually on the ice at a competition! :lol:

By the way, is Russia the third country Fedor has (been rumoured to) skate(d) for? Canada, Azerbaijan and now Russia? Were there rumours of any other countries he might have skated for?

vivika1982
05-26-2010, 07:48 PM
Thank you Silvya.I wish them luck :) and succesful debut ^_^

Pratfall
05-26-2010, 07:55 PM
:lol: Come on..no one would expect to be challenging for the world podium ( or even Russia No.1 ) as a brand new partnership in this day and age , would they ? I expect they have some reasonably ambitious goal in mind , but that won't be it.

I'm sure they'll be shown to their best advantage , so I'm looking forward to the fall. GP assignments should be very interesting.:rolleyes:

sbanet
05-26-2010, 08:00 PM
I still believe my conspiracy theory stating that Russian Fed is planning to win some favours with Zueva/Shpilband, sacrificing Jana in the process. :P

I'll go even further and guess that the :hat1: :sekret: Russian federation will make it their business to ensure that Kh+A are at least RUS 3, so perhaps not so much sacrifice...
:bribe: :judge: :sekret: :glamor: :psoty: :sekret: :smokin:

Ituriel
05-26-2010, 08:03 PM

...and Fedor seduced Jana... :lol:

SwingDancer
05-26-2010, 08:18 PM
:lol: Come on..no one would expect to be challenging for the world podium ( or even Russia No.1 ) as a brand new partnership in this day and age , would they ? I expect they have some reasonably ambitious goal in mind , but that won't be it.

I'm sure they'll be shown to their best advantage , so I'm looking forward to the fall. GP assignments should be very interesting.:rolleyes:

I'll go even further and guess that the :hat1: :sekret: Russian federation will make it their business to ensure that Kh+A are at least RUS 3, so perhaps not so much sacrifice...
:bribe: :judge: :sekret: :glamor: :psoty: :sekret: :smokin:

Given the support that has already come through for this team from the higher ups in the Russian Federation and the support you know they are going to get from Igor and Marina (he is her son and only child), in addition to the retirement of Dom/Shab, It is my firm belief that they will be the NEW Russian number 1. With this in mind, the expectations will be high as the success. Between all of the politicking and support, my guess is the goal is Gold in Sochi (Which is fine with me :D)