PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

mindy74
05-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Is there any chance we could vote for Will Young to be our American Idol? I just LOOOOOOOVE his voice. Plus he is :swoon:

(Mindy: Will sang at the end of tonight's episode and his song "Leave Right Now" has been used as the exit song at the end of each results show when a constestant has been voted off the show.)

Yeah I just found the video! I remember a friend linking me to it awhile ago and I thought he looked familiar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGcvHdk07TQ

Kruss
05-26-2010, 03:21 PM
If Lee wins this, I think AI will tumble even more in the ratings next year.

Agreed. Not to mention that a ton of the media this morning is proclaiming Crystal the clear winner. There is apt to be backlash against Lee if he wins this.

my little pony
05-26-2010, 03:51 PM
Is there any chance we could vote for Will Young to be our American Idol? I just LOOOOOOOVE his voice. Plus he is :swoon:

lol, that was my favorite part of the finale

shells
05-26-2010, 05:15 PM
I decided to just watch and not chat last night. Crystal was very good, I just don't like her style of music at all. Add to the fact that I have more hate for the song Black Velvet than anything else in the world...

I'd still rather see Lee win, even though he wasn't great. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I'm willing to have it alone :lol:

I'll have to watch the show late tonight because I'm working and won't be able to see it live, I hope it's good.

Allskate
05-26-2010, 05:23 PM
Dial idol has never been wrong on final 2 night so unless Crystal gets a ton of text votes, Lee has this won.

I think Lee will get more text votes than Crystal will. The tweens with unlimited texting accounts are going to go disproportionately for Lee.

I think Crystal was so clearly the best. That last song was just gorgeous.

I think even the judges are too influenced by personality. (Well, Simon tries to influence through personality, but I think Kara and Ellen really are incapable of putting perceived personality aside and actually focus on the singing.) Or maybe they're just flat out liars. :lol: When Kara said that Lee was so emotionally available in his second song, I was just stunned. I think she's bought into this myth that the sad-eyed paint salesman knows how to emote with music. That man needs serious lessons in how to connect to a song. He just wails in random places. It's bizarre. And saying that Crystal has a wall up? Maybe during the interviews, but she can emote with her singing.

But, going into next year, I think the judging panel is a bigger problem than Lee winning.

Cheylana
05-26-2010, 06:08 PM

Just send me his number, I'll power vote for him! It is so :lol: that, IMO, he totally showed up the two Idols who had just sung for the title.

I don't think it looks like she has missing teeth. I just think she never had braces as a child and has gaps. the spaces don't look big enough for "missing" teeth.
Ok, you may be right. I could have sworn Crystal was wearing braces in one of her childhood photos, but maybe the orthodontia wasn't successful or her teeth relapsed. Well, Jewel had a successful career with her jumbled teeth, so maybe it's not a big deal. Agree with the rest of your post.

PrincessLeppard
05-26-2010, 07:17 PM
But, going into next year, I think the judging panel is a bigger problem than Lee winning.

ITA. Randy is incomprehensible, Ellen just wants to get a laugh, Kara is a complete trainwreck. They need someone like Simon there for the show to have any sense of validity.

Who was the guy who judged on "The Next Pussycat Doll"? (yes, I watched it. :shuffle: ) He didn't take any crap.

I was over at Popwatch, and someone on the message board was complaining about the lack of a coronation song.(I know, right?) (and oh, hey? Lee and Crystal both had monitors with the lyrics for the last two songs. So Lee had no excuse to mangle the lyrics to Beautiful Day. Unless the teleprompter mangled them. But he was so petrified by that time, I doubt he was even looking at them.) Anyway, someone posted this line, and I thought it summed up the entire season:

he whole season has been a trainwreck. A coronation song would be like setting fire to the twisted heap on the tracks.

:)

Kruss
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM
(and oh, hey? Lee and Crystal both had monitors with the lyrics for the last two songs. So Lee had no excuse to mangle the lyrics to Beautiful Day. Unless the teleprompter mangled them. But he was so petrified by that time, I doubt he was even looking at them.)

They had monitors?????

F this show. I swear. First they don't give them ear monitors (which are not cheats, but necessary). Then they make them lip synch on results night (stupid). Now they had monitors in a competition???

:wall:

rfisher
05-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Maybe they'll just announce Simon as the winner as he races for the exits. This season has been a huge snoozefest. Nobody really pretty to look at. Nobody who commanded the stage. Nobody who made you stop what you were doing to listen. Not even any total whackjobs like Tatiana, BikiniGirl, Norman. Nobody you loved to hate (Sunjaya, Redheaded kid from whatever season). And no Paula to scream at or throw pillows at the TV. I'm hoping X-Factor does much better.

cruisin
05-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Ok, you may be right. I could have sworn Crystal was wearing braces in one of her childhood photos, but maybe the orthodontia wasn't successful or her teeth relapsed. Well, Jewel had a successful career with her jumbled teeth, so maybe it's not a big deal. Agree with the rest of your post.

You know what? I think you're right, I think there was a shot of her with braces as a child. But, I suspect the orthodontia was either unsuccessful or she had a really tough case and limited funds.

caseyedwards
05-26-2010, 11:05 PM
Maybe after her braces she never used her retainer and her teeth went backwards-maybe it caused gagging?

Cyn
05-27-2010, 01:03 AM
Finale Time!! Here we go, let the endless filler begin.

Sweet Jeez, was that louder cheering for Lee DuhWhyzzze than for MamaSox? :wall:

martian_girl
05-27-2010, 01:08 AM
The best part of the Idol finale is the totally random guest stars.

Um, Alice Cooper?:huh:

Cyn
05-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Why are they dressed in Catholic school uniforms? And why is it that no matter what Lee has on, he always looks like he just rolled out of bed and didn't bother to brush his hair? For all the crap people have given Crystal about her appearance, he always looks like a rumpled, greasy schlub.

Gahhhhhhh, the Top 12 are butchering Alice Cooper's iconic "School's Out." All this is doing is making me want to watch Dazed and Confused :lol: .

Oh, man. Alice Cooper now onstage with them.....Sellout!! :mitchell: This is like a dagger in the classic rock part of my heart :fragile:

rjblue
05-27-2010, 01:09 AM
School should have ended a day ago, if this number was anything to go by. Horrid lipsynching and then horrid singing when it went live. Alice- you know better than this...