PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

slicekw
05-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Crystal's winning the most important poll though: FSU!!

And FSUers know the good stuff when we see it! ;)

Catherine M
05-26-2010, 03:31 AM
Dial idol has never been wrong on final 2 night so unless Crystal gets a ton of text votes, Lee has this won.

rjblue
05-26-2010, 03:37 AM
I don't think I've seen FSU so united on who they prefer in the final two though. Over an hour since it aired and it's 24-0 for Crystal.

topaz
05-26-2010, 03:38 AM
I thought Crystal was incredible. Her vocal chops were display tonight. Even if she doesn't win, won't matter and won't effect her career.

Habs
05-26-2010, 03:55 AM
I think she was better tonight, but I don't like Crystal. At all. :scream:

PrincessLeppard
05-26-2010, 04:11 AM
I think she was better tonight, but I don't like Crystal. At all. :scream:

She doesn't sing the type of music I'd ever buy, either. But she just so outperformed Lee tonight (and I've been trying so hard to like Lee, but it's just not happening. I mean, I loved the bagpiper, but now I can't even remember what song that was. A Beatles song, maybe??).

Kruss
05-26-2010, 04:23 AM
She doesn't sing the type of music I'd ever buy, either. But she just so outperformed Lee tonight (and I've been trying so hard to like Lee, but it's just not happening. I mean, I loved the bagpiper, but now I can't even remember what song that was. A Beatles song, maybe??).

Yep, "Hey Jude".

I know what you mean - I think Lee has a cool vibe to the sound of his voice BUT I found a few weeks ago that I could no longer wink at the bad notes. Even if the judges and producers don't think so, I think the general AI audience does still believe this is a singing competition.

BigB08822
05-26-2010, 04:53 AM
Crystal might really benefit more from losing. It could cause a huge uproar and get a ton of sympathy on her side plus a lot of extra press. It could lead to a big debut for her single/album when that time comes. She clearly won tonight but it appears Lee will get the title, this is going to cause a ton of controversy.

PeterG
05-26-2010, 05:14 AM
Is Will Young the guy who made that video where he's expecting and his baby-daddy isn't treating him right?

Is there any chance we could vote for Will Young to be our American Idol? I just LOOOOOOOVE his voice. Plus he is :swoon:

(Mindy: Will sang at the end of tonight's episode and his song "Leave Right Now" has been used as the exit song at the end of each results show when a constestant has been voted off the show.)

Cheylana
05-26-2010, 05:16 AM
Part of me wonders if Crystal might more easily run away with this if she were more traditionally good looking. She's a pretty girl, and I don't really mind the dreadlocks, but she still has those "baked bean" teeth (TM Seinfeld) and two gaping holes on the sides where presumably teeth used to exist. It's distracting when she smiles, and not in a good way. I don't want her to get veneers (I HATE Elliot Yamin's veneers) but I hope the Idol folks can help her out with this.

Kruss
05-26-2010, 05:22 AM
Crystal might really benefit more from losing. It could cause a huge uproar and get a ton of sympathy on her side plus a lot of extra press. It could lead to a big debut for her single/album when that time comes. She clearly won tonight but it appears Lee will get the title, this is going to cause a ton of controversy.

Good point!

Gah, I wish the results of this sh!t show didn't bother me so much. But it's always been about vocals for me, and I HATE HATE HATE the idea that the American Idol is someone who needs autotuning. The very concept makes me ill.

Sally1214
05-26-2010, 06:05 AM
I think Crystal SHOULD win but have a feeling that Lee WILL win. Being the best singer is hardly ever the deciding factor in Idol.

Crystal has been the best singer, imo, all season. But, unfortunately, a lot of voters don't care about that ... it's just a popularity contest for all sorts of reasons that have nothing to do with talent.

Having said that, I've been very underwhelmed with this season. Honestly, I don't expect either Crystal or Lee to have much of a career. But, I'll be happy for either/both of them if I'm wrong. :)

Cheylana
05-26-2010, 06:58 AM
Another Dial Idol update: Although the "official" prediction still has Lee for the win, the raw numbers show Crystal well ahead. Of course that doesn't factor in the text votes, but I think Crystal still has a chance to win this! :)

skateboy
05-26-2010, 08:02 AM
If Lee wins this, I think AI will tumble even more in the ratings next year.

cruisin
05-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Part of me wonders if Crystal might more easily run away with this if she were more traditionally good looking. She's a pretty girl, and I don't really mind the dreadlocks, but she still has those "baked bean" teeth (TM Seinfeld) and two gaping holes on the sides where presumably teeth used to exist. It's distracting when she smiles, and not in a good way. I don't want her to get veneers (I HATE Elliot Yamin's veneers) but I hope the Idol folks can help her out with this.

I don't think it looks like she has missing teeth. I just think she never had braces as a child and has gaps. the spaces don't look big enough for "missing" teeth. I also think the lip pierce and huge back tattoo bother some people. I do think she has a pretty face, but she is not teen queen adorable. A shame if voters are that shallow, that they'd not vote for her because they don't think she's "attractive" enough. I think she is unique and seems to be a really bright, funny and caring person + an enormous talent. She deserves this far more than personality free paint boy.