PDA

View Full Version : American Idol Finals - May 25 and 26 (All Mediocre Things Must Come To An End)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

kylet3
05-26-2010, 01:57 AM
I don't think there was any doubt that should win... I think Lee is adorable and I like him but it will be an absolute travesty, Crystal was crazy awesome tonight and no one deserves it more...

Sorry but Will Young? :scream:

rjblue
05-26-2010, 02:00 AM
Sorry but Will Young? :scream:Heh- I was just saying to my daughter how much I liked his voice.

kylet3
05-26-2010, 02:03 AM
Heh- I was just saying to my daughter how much I liked his voice.

No worries, to each their own :)

PrincessLeppard
05-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Gah. My sister called during Crystal's song. Now, just because I have bitched all season how much I hate this show, I STILL WANT TO WATCH IT SO I CAN BITCH ABOUT IT.

And apparently, I missed a great song. :wall:

mindy74
05-26-2010, 02:07 AM
Heh- I was just saying to my daughter how much I liked his voice.

Is Will Young the guy who made that video where he's expecting and his baby-daddy isn't treating him right?

I don't dislike Lee as much as others, but Crystal definitely blew him away tonight. But, don't underestimate the power of the kids voting because Lee is cute.

Cyn
05-26-2010, 02:07 AM
I don't know if it's because each of them have three lines for voting, but I'm getting through for Crystal 9/10 of the time.

No idea if the situation is the same for Lee, but I'm not about to call and risk the chance of giving that fat fcuk even one vote.

PrincessLeppard
05-26-2010, 02:08 AM
Is she 02? I didn't even pay attention to the numbers....

Allskate
05-26-2010, 02:09 AM
PL, video will be up on youtube.

ETA: Yes, she's 02.

I don't dislike Lee as much as others, but Crystal definitely blew him away tonight. But, don't underestimate the power of the kids voting because Lee is cute.

And he doesn't have dreds or a nose ring, and is "a nice guy" who has "grown" a lot.

On the bright side, even though Crystal is probably going to lose, at least she'll have the satisfaction of knowing that she sang well.

shuilee
05-26-2010, 02:12 AM
Ever since Lee inherited the teeny votes from Tim Urban/Aaron Kelly, he has been on top of Dialidol almost every week. It'll be interesting if Crystal's superior performances makes up for the huge leads that Lee has had the past month.

I think the competition is closer than one might think. I thought Crystal's last song was actually kinda boring.....it's not very commercially appealing so I'm not sure if that'll get that many votes from the younger demographic.

Cyn
05-26-2010, 02:19 AM
After the 1-866-436-57XX

Crystal's numbers are 02, 04, and 06

Lee's numbers are 01, 03, and 05.

cruisin
05-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Crystal got a bit confused there.

I had my "pre-skating competition" mojo meal for dinner (grilled cheese, bacon and tomato sandwich) to send Crystal good vibes. So far it's working......

*crosses fingers that she'll bring it during the coronation dreck forced upon her*

You are too cool! :)

Up To The Mountain

Singing her heart out on this one as well....she also has the chorus adding on, but they don't seem to be anywhere as blatant or intrusive as they have on other performances throughout the season.

This song is wayyyyy mellow and very different from Lee's song, but I'm enjoying it a hell of a lot more. It has a nice fusion of country/folk, with a hint of gospel to it. Kind of reminiscent of the CCR song she did earlier in the season.

Judges:

Randy: THIS is what this show is all about. So proud, one of the best moments on this show. Incredible.

Ellen: Unique, in a league of your own, beautiful of voice, clear, pulls you in.

Kara: This was an important song. My biggest critique is that your walls have been up, and tonight, you were completely emotionally invested unlike any other night. You blossomed with this song. Amazing.

Crystal asks to speak before Simon and thanks him for everything and wishes him well on his future endeavors.

Simon: That was by far the best performance and the song of the night. My final critique: That was outstanding.

Mamasox has a total TKO of the night :respec: - Lee got totally pwned. If he wins, I'm absolutely done with this show. The difference between Lee and Crystal's performances is like a gigantic chasm.

Totally agree. If Crystal doesn't win, I'm done with idol.

Kruss
05-26-2010, 02:43 AM
Lee was Lee. Crystal was outstanding.

I've been voting on #04 and am afraid I've gotten through almost every time. I'm a little concerned now.

I thought I wanted Crystal to not win because then she can do her music her way, but to be honest, top 2 pretty much are owned by Idol/19. So now I want her to win because hands down, she is the best singer this season.

Unfortunately the voters don't always care about that. I hope I'm wrong, because she frickin' deserves this win way more than Lee.

Cyn
05-26-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm getting through almost every time for Crystal as well, but I think that having three lines for each, plus the lower numbers of viewers due to this season being pretty much a suckfest overall is likely freeing up the lines moreso than previous seasons.

Is anyone here voting for Lee? Any reports on his lines?

ETA: keeeeryst, dialidol currently has Lee out in front by a huge margin :mad: :rolleyes: :blah:

Cheylana
05-26-2010, 02:55 AM
If it makes you feel better, I called Lee's line once and got right through :) Then I went back to voting for Crystal. I don't even really like her, but Lee is not AI material, IMO.

I just took a look at Dial Idol, so far it's not looking good - Lee's in the green and Crystal in the red, but the night is young yet and DI is notoriously unreliable.

ETA: Oh, I guess I didn't need to spoiler DI stuff!

jenny12
05-26-2010, 03:13 AM
If it makes you feel better, I called Lee's line once and got right through :) Then I went back to voting for Crystal. I don't even really like her, but Lee is not AI material, IMO.

I just took a look at Dial Idol, so far it's not looking good - Lee's in the green and Crystal in the red, but the night is young yet and DI is notoriously unreliable.

ETA: Oh, I guess I didn't need to spoiler DI stuff!

Crystal's winning the most important poll though: FSU!!